Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Contests, Drafts, Trivia and Images
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2010, 08:27 AM   #81
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

They were smart enough to ask

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:08 AM   #82
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Woohoo. I win! Now I just need Russell to win Survivor and I'm golden.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #83
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

That was pretty classless by the lesbian, even for reality tv standards. I'm glad Caite had a comeback for her that seemed to both infuriate her and shut her trap. The blond one looked a little embarrassed. I don't understand what they are so mad about ... if they didn't suck they could have made it to the uturn first. Pretty simple to avoid really. Don't suck. Don't lose.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:22 PM   #84
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
That was pretty classless by the lesbian, even for reality tv standards. I'm glad Caite had a comeback for her that seemed to both infuriate her and shut her trap. The blond one looked a little embarrassed. I don't understand what they are so mad about ... if they didn't suck they could have made it to the uturn first. Pretty simple to avoid really. Don't suck. Don't lose.
At the end of the day I would have done the same thing with the U-Turn, just because it would piss them off completely, and Caite was right, they were rude, and they got swatted and Caite still managed to hang with the cowboys til the end and beat out the cops.

And yes, I thought her life partner was mortified.

And Caite had the quote of the episode when she declared that she wanted to punch her partner in the face.

To me though the final was alittle unfair because of the bottle neck at Lucas arts, once you were behind a team it was impossible to pass them. they should have had multiple exit points, some easier to get to then others.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 05-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #85
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I was disappointed with the finish. Basically Dan and Jordan got a lead off the plane by going up to first class that pretty much allowed them to win. I'd hope the next time that they throw in a connecting leg on a domestic flight as the time to clear a smaller plane of all passengers is a lot less than a flight from Shanghai to San Francisco.

Although they did run a pretty clean leg. For the most part the clues were somewhat vague enough that some thinking was involved to get the next clue and they were able to figure things out. Still I don't think they're a team that looked like winners of the Amazing race.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:41 PM   #86
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
I'd hope the next time that they throw in a connecting leg on a domestic flight as the time to clear a smaller plane of all passengers is a lot less than a flight from Shanghai to San Francisco.
They used to always do that, where the second to last leg always took them through a city where they would have cleared US Customs before going to the final destination; like Alaska or Hawaii, or the one time they came through Calgary. That way, they could hit the ground running in the final city rather than being at the mercy of the Customs agent.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:45 AM   #87
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

wtf.

Damn you cowboys, you let me down!

Also, the one dyke was a complete b****, Caite shut her up good.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #88
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
At the end of the day I would have done the same thing with the U-Turn, just because it would piss them off completely, and Caite was right, they were rude, and they got swatted and Caite still managed to hang with the cowboys til the end and beat out the cops.

And yes, I thought her life partner was mortified.

And Caite had the quote of the episode when she declared that she wanted to punch her partner in the face.

To me though the final was alittle unfair because of the bottle neck at Lucas arts, once you were behind a team it was impossible to pass them. they should have had multiple exit points, some easier to get to then others.
I respectfully disagree. It was less of a bottleneck and more of the cowboy in the motion capture suit making two huge errors. C'mon guy ... there's a million dollars on the line ... push the spinning kid out of the way (or just brush past him). Secondly, ask yourself why the guy was spinning in the first place. I was yelling at my tv. Instead he just sat there waiting for his partner to read the text.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:34 PM   #89
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
I respectfully disagree. It was less of a bottleneck and more of the cowboy in the motion capture suit making two huge errors. C'mon guy ... there's a million dollars on the line ... push the spinning kid out of the way (or just brush past him). Secondly, ask yourself why the guy was spinning in the first place. I was yelling at my tv. Instead he just sat there waiting for his partner to read the text.
He could have pushed him aside (like I wanted him too), but that would have been a dick move and they just aren't those kind of people (like me ). I wish he would have, as the gay guy did cut in line like an ass.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:04 PM   #90
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm guessing they probably would have gotten a penalty if they physically moved the other guy. On the other hand, it shouldn't have taken anywhere near that long to figure out that they needed to spin to read the text.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:27 PM   #91
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal14 View Post
I'm guessing they probably would have gotten a penalty if they physically moved the other guy. On the other hand, it shouldn't have taken anywhere near that long to figure out that they needed to spin to read the text.
Yeah, but they could have edited it to make it out like it was a long time when it was in fact a minute or two.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #92
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jed and Cord McCoy are this year's Calgary Stampede Parade Marshals! They are the runner's up in the latest season of the Amazing Race, and will lead the parade on July 9th.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:26 PM   #93
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^ It's sad what society deems as "celebrities".

More photos on Flickr
Old 06-15-2010, 04:02 PM   #94
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post
^^^ It's sad what society deems as "celebrities".
LOL...no doubt.

Tags
amazing race , pool