Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2019, 09:18 AM   #61
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeway View Post
I voted for David Poile.
thanks for nothing
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 09:33 AM   #62
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I would guess that he might also get tougher minutes, matchups and zone starts than Lindholm, which may be one reason Lindholm gets overlooked. Lindholm is great, but some people would argue he's not even the best defensive forward on the team (sorta like when people talked about Modano when there was Jere Lehtinen was on the same team).
Count me in that group.
Backlund is very underrated by some fans, and our best defensive forward by a good margin IMO.
His value in the playoffs could be monumental.

As far as the Selke goes, Bergeron has it locked up anyway.
Winsor_Pilates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:46 AM   #63
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hart - in all honesty, if they were true to the description/intention of the award (they never are), I think Gibson or McDavid would deserve it most because their teams would be rock-bottom without them. Kucherov and Gaudreau are awesome, but those teams have amazing depth and their share of team success is probably a fair bit smaller. But who cares, Johnny for Hart obviously

Norris - there shouldn't even be a discussion IMO, Gio is an absolute lock at this point. He has the offense to swim with the best offensive d-men, but he has the defense to clearly separate himself from everyone else. The fact that they voted him 2nd best defensive d-man speaks volumes.

Selke - hard to argue against Bergeron, but I'd love to see Barkov win it. But I think he'll be a perennial winner once Bergeron slows down anyway.

Calder - big fan of Heiskanen, I think he'll be a top defender for a very long time. Haven't seen a lot from Dahlin, but it seems he's having a great season too. Pettersson should be a lock though, he's put together a fine rookie year and he's going to be excellent for the Nucks for a long time.

Vezina Trophy - Gibson should be a lock. Anaheim is freaking awful this year (one of the greatest surprises this year hehe), he's the only reason they are somewhat still in the wild card race.

Jack Adams Award - hard to go against Trotz. With Tavares gone, I believe no one expected to be this good, so hats off. Peters would deserve it too obviously.

GM of the Year Award - hard to be objective. The Lindholm trade was a complete game changer, Tre should be a frontrunner for this award for this trade alone. Too bad Neal has been awful, but I completely understand the gamble.

Last edited by devo22; 01-25-2019 at 10:49 AM.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 07:53 PM   #64
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeway View Post
I voted for David Poile.
why?
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 09:36 PM   #65
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Hart - in all honesty, if they were true to the description/intention of the award (they never are), I think Gibson or McDavid would deserve it most because their teams would be rock-bottom without them. Kucherov and Gaudreau are awesome, but those teams have amazing depth and their share of team success is probably a fair bit smaller. But who cares, Johnny for Hart obviously

I disagree on the McDavid part, what's the difference between Ottawa who is currently last in the league with 43 points and Edmonton who is currently 24th in the league with 49 points. With 6 points difference and he deserve the Hart?
Old 01-26-2019, 08:24 AM   #66
Red_Baron
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Chiarelli should get GM of the year, the work he has done for the islanders is incredible.
Red_Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 01:53 PM   #67
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Giordano should get some Hart consideration, but he won't. His steadying presence is the reason the Flames are where they are. In my opinion he is the runaway winner so far of the Norris, and should be in the Hart conversation.

The last two defencemen to win the award were Chris Pronger (2000) and Bobby Orr (1970, 1971, 1972).
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote