Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-24-2020, 02:33 PM   #1
AC
Resident Videologist
 
AC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Exclamation [Video] Dube's 2019/2020 Highlights


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJrpsfBcr-4

2019-2020 Stats:
In 45 games: 6 goals + 10 assists = 16 points, 59 hits.
In 10 playoff games: 4 goals + 1 assist = 5 points, 25 hits, 1 glorious beard.

I'm convinced he's going to be a star. It's interesting how often he started just speeding around NHL defencemen for great chances, and was finally able to connect with it against Dallas in the playoffs. Sneaky physical and mean too. I'd love to see him and Bennett really click as a pairing, either flanked by Lucic again or another faster player like Simon/Leivo/Mangiapane depending how the rest of the lines take shape.

Videos completed this off-season:
Dube
Tkachuk Part 1
Tkachuk Part 2
__________________
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 02:53 PM   #2
ComixZone
Franchise Player
 
ComixZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Exp:
Default



Thanks AC!!

Our bottom six will be built of Bennett, Dube, Lucic, Ryan, Leivo, Nordstrom and Simon - that is far and away the best depth we've had in a very, very long time.

Last edited by ComixZone; 11-24-2020 at 03:08 PM.
ComixZone is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2020, 02:54 PM   #3
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player
 
SuperMatt18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Exp:
Default

Dube and Phillips had great chemistry in the AHL and some of the early pre-season games.

Dube - Bennett - Phillips could be a sneaky good energy line.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 04:18 PM   #4
BigErnSalute_16
Crash and Bang Winger
 
BigErnSalute_16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Exp:
Default

I honestly forgot how physical Dube is. Makes me even more excited to see the Bennett - Dube line in action this year! with whoever ends up playing with them.
BigErnSalute_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 04:39 PM   #5
GranteedEV
Franchise Player
 
GranteedEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigErnSalute_16 View Post
I honestly forgot how physical Dube is. Makes me even more excited to see the Bennett - Dube line in action this year! with whoever ends up playing with them.
I'd love to see Gaudreau with them, since those two can carry the physical side of things.
__________________

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 05:08 PM   #6
kermitology
It's not easy being green!
 
kermitology's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In the tubes to Vancouver Island
Exp:
Default

You can see the confidence of that homeless man growing from game to game. Going to need whoever flanks him and Bennett to grow a big ol' beard too.
__________________
Who are the people in charge of this product and why haven't they been fired?
kermitology is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 05:16 PM   #7
GioforPM
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Springbank
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post

I'm convinced he's going to be a star. It's interesting how often he started just speeding around NHL defencemen for great chances, and was finally able to connect with it against Dallas in the playoffs. Sneaky physical and mean too. I'd love to see him and Bennett really click as a pairing, either flanked by Lucic again or another faster player like Simon/Leivo/Mangiapane depending how the rest of the lines take shape.]
Iím pretty sure that outside speed is going to be the attack style in the NHL for a few years going forward, and itís something the Flames lacked. Dube fills that need for one line anyway.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:23 PM   #8
BigErnSalute_16
Crash and Bang Winger
 
BigErnSalute_16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
I'd love to see Gaudreau with them, since those two can carry the physical side of things.
I agree. If they decide to split up Monahan and Gaudreau I think that is the natural choice for that line.
BigErnSalute_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:40 PM   #9
the-rasta-masta
First Line Centre
 
the-rasta-masta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Exp:
Default

It's funny how sometimes young players come back from an offseason with additional confidence and look to have taken another step. I feel we got to see a little preview of that with the COVID shutdown and then the extra game that Dube brought in the playoffs. Should be fun to watch next season.
the-rasta-masta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 03:06 PM   #10
jaikorven
Scoring Winger
 
jaikorven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: stuck in BC watching the nucks
Exp:
Default

Dube is an awesome player and with him being a local guy, maybe the Flames can hang onto him long term on a few value deals.

Thanks for doing the hard work for us again AC! Looking forward to more NHL hockey as soon as possible.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Let us not befoul this glorious day with talk of the anal gland drippings that are HERO charts.
jaikorven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 03:22 PM   #11
Rick M.
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
I'd love to see Gaudreau with them, since those two can carry the physical side of things.
Plus, the opposition would get burned if they tried to double team Johnny.
Rick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 03:29 PM   #12
FlamesLitSquad
Draft Pick
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Default

I really think that Dube can be dominant - he only showed it for a few shifts of each game. If he can do that half his shifts instead of 10% of his shifts he is not leaving the Top 6. As much as I would love to see that playoff line (Bennett Dube Lucic) thrive I would like him to take the load off Johnny in transition, pursue pucks in the corner and lay some hits.


My concern with him playing with 13-23 is that he seems to be pretty good on the cycle and controlling the puck - not sure Monahan is active enough to play that style consistently.
FlamesLitSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 04:05 PM   #13
AC
Resident Videologist
 
AC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

I want to do a top line player next.

Gaudreau, Monahan, or Lindholm. What's the verdict?
__________________
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 04:39 PM   #14
AustinL_NHL
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
I want to do a top line player next.

Gaudreau, Monahan, or Lindholm. What's the verdict?
Gotta start with who had the best season.

Lindy all the way
AustinL_NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AustinL_NHL For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2020, 05:54 PM   #15
Geeoff
Franchise Player
 
Geeoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Dube and Phillips had great chemistry in the AHL and some of the early pre-season games.

Dube - Bennett - Phillips could be a sneaky good energy line.
I hope that Dube is on an offensive line. In the playoffs, he looked like a legit top 6 forward.
Geeoff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 01:36 PM   #16
GioforPM
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Springbank
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesLitSquad View Post
I really think that Dube can be dominant - he only showed it for a few shifts of each game. If he can do that half his shifts instead of 10% of his shifts he is not leaving the Top 6. As much as I would love to see that playoff line (Bennett Dube Lucic) thrive I would like him to take the load off Johnny in transition, pursue pucks in the corner and lay some hits.


My concern with him playing with 13-23 is that he seems to be pretty good on the cycle and controlling the puck - not sure Monahan is active enough to play that style consistently.
The cycle is a Monahan strength IMO. Heís very good at the short, simple passes, and he is a good positional player.

Itís on the rush where Monahan is not as strong.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 06:46 PM   #17
Jeff Lebowski
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Exp:
Default

Great video! Dube is skilled, feisty and plays hard. Love to see it.

- what do people think of the goals against Markstrom?
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 08:17 PM   #18
ComixZone
Franchise Player
 
ComixZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
I want to do a top line player next.

Gaudreau, Monahan, or Lindholm. What's the verdict?
Lindholm!

...although some love for Gaudreau would be good. There's been a lot of dumping on our offensive catalyst.
ComixZone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 10:37 AM   #19
Zevo
First Line Centre
 
Zevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Great video! Dube is skilled, feisty and plays hard. Love to see it.

- what do people think of the goals against Markstrom?
That he's not going to get a shut out every game? Good goalies let in goals too?
Zevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:25 PM   #20
Jeff Lebowski
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Exp:
Default

The hit on Larsson is impressive. They were both going for hit and Dube won that confrontation. Larsson is a big strong guy. Dube is extremely powerful and explosive.
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:38 PM.

Calgary Flames
2019-20




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016