Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2020, 04:04 PM   #21
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Part of me wonders if they do try to resume the season what kind of subterfuge might happen. Send a good looking lady over to their hotel to hang out with some of the players? Maybe share a few droplets in the bar before curfew hits?

For the sake of the team I wonder if you really have to put everyone in a bubble and not let anyone in or out.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 04:09 PM   #22
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

I don’t see how he’s at camp July 10th.

He needs permission to enter the country, which involves not testing positive for Covid-19. And upon arrival, regardless of diagnosis, you’re quarantined for 14 days.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 04:12 PM   #23
bobbylouie
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

PGA Tour player Nick Watney tested positive after playing in round 1 on Thursday in South Carolina and withdrew on Friday.

The tour is currently determining how to proceed. The two players who Watney played with on Thursday, Luke List and Vaughn Taylor, continued with their second rounds on Friday.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...e-for-covid-19

Last edited by bobbylouie; 06-19-2020 at 04:14 PM.
bobbylouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 04:13 PM   #24
Roast Beef
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Deep breath everyone.
Wear a mask while doing it though.
Roast Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 04:20 PM   #25
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFireInside View Post
Well having symptoms is irrelevant. He'll have to be away from teammates for at least 3 weeks, and if they want to be very careful maybe more.

This is why this playoff plan is silly.
2 weeks actually, and he has already been away from them for 3 months.
Old 06-19-2020, 04:21 PM   #26
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Given these are very healthy athletes and given they are compensated well for the risks they currently take would it be reasonable for them just to infect all of them just to play through Covid infections in the bubble.

The permenant head injury damage they accept on a day to day basis is likely greater than a 20-30 year old athlete getting Covid. You couldn’t force anyone to do it but for both league and player the risk vs reward is probably reasonable.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 04:23 PM   #27
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Part of me wonders if they do try to resume the season what kind of subterfuge might happen. Send a good looking lady over to their hotel to hang out with some of the players? Maybe share a few droplets in the bar before curfew hits?

For the sake of the team I wonder if you really have to put everyone in a bubble and not let anyone in or out.
Well for one, im guessing there will be at least 6 teams in any one hotel. Hard to target any individual team in that case.

Secondly, there will be no one allowed in the hotels without proper ID.
Old 06-19-2020, 04:36 PM   #28
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Having these occurrences now are a good thing in my opinion. Sure it’s sucks for both Matthews and for Whatney but dealing with this happening is part of the return for sport. This will be good practice for all involved.

There has been cases now for every major team and individual sport. If the organizations show they can contain and prevent outbreak it will actually help with sports moving forward.
Old 06-19-2020, 05:14 PM   #29
Dragomir
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Ummm...does he even have any symptoms?

He may have tested positive but that does not mean he is sick at all.

According to that article he still plans on being in Toronto for July 10.
You do know that it can take 7-10 for symptoms to show right?
Dragomir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 05:27 PM   #30
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can just imagine the Sportsnet board meetings taking place. “This would make for a great tv special. Picture us following him while he’s on the road to recovery. Envision slow motion captures of him breathing in the sauna, the pool, hyperbaric chambers, and we can be sure to have doctors say this has been a miraculous recovery like they’ve never seen in a covid patient before. This is a once a lifetime opportunity!” Followed by beers congratulating the out of box creative thinking that went into such a creation.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 05:30 PM   #31
Johnhitbox
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Ummm...does he even have any symptoms?

He may have tested positive but that does not mean he is sick at all.

According to that article he still plans on being in Toronto for July 10.

Apparently, my wife and I both had it back in February. We’re both in our late 30’s early 40’s. Both asymptotic, none smoking, relatively healthy people. Quarantined for 3 1/2 weeks when we found out. My sister had it in early January, she was sick for 3+ weeks. Said the doctor didn’t know what it was, and just stay home and get bed rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johnhitbox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnhitbox For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2020, 05:37 PM   #32
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragomir View Post
You do know that it can take 7-10 for symptoms to show right?
Yes very aware.

Just because you test +, does not mean you get ill, nevermind "hoping he will pull through".

Young healthy guy like him? I like his chances. As stated he hopes to be in Toronto in 3 weeks.
Old 06-19-2020, 05:49 PM   #33
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2020, 05:56 PM   #34
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

According to guys like Bieksa who still talk to players, half the leagues players don't want to play. I understand and I'm pretty sure they understand that there's big money on the table. But at the end of the day, if they choose to prioritize their health the plan is pooched.

I've been on the shut er down down side of things from the get go and really it should have been and off season business should have been started.

Cannot imagine that this round of.infection especially from state side is going to keep being a low number.

The U.S is a disaster in terms of Covid and nobody in their right mind should be championing a return of any team sport right now. Its stupid, but money doesn't care about stupid or smart so here we are, putting people at risk for money.

Derp.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2020, 06:03 PM   #35
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
According to guys like Bieksa who still talk to players, half the leagues players don't want to play. I understand and I'm pretty sure they understand that there's big money on the table. But at the end of the day, if they choose to prioritize their health the plan is pooched.

I've been on the shut er down down side of things from the get go and really it should have been and off season business should have been started.

Cannot imagine that this round of.infection especially from state side is going to keep being a low number.

The U.S is a disaster in terms of Covid and nobody in their right mind should be championing a return of any team sport right now. Its stupid, but money doesn't care about stupid or smart so here we are, putting people at risk for money.

Derp.

He did not say half the league doesn’t want to play. He said he talked to a couple of players that are still uncertain because not enough information had been given so far. He doesn’t think it will happen.

I don’t see the harm of trying to get a plan together to see if they can make this work. It’s not like it’s set in stone . Quite honestly what else do they have to do? It’s not like next season will start any sooner if we don’t finish this season. Next season doesn’t start until 2021 regardless

Last edited by kyuss275; 06-19-2020 at 06:07 PM.
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kyuss275 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2020, 06:09 PM   #36
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Assuming everyone is isolated prior to the resumption of play and everyone is tested regularly I don't see how this affects the plan to resume. If anything the players will be safer since everyone around them will be tested regularly and they won't have exposure to random people.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jacks For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2020, 06:14 PM   #37
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not a huge surprise. Arizona is a hot zone now. So let him isolate for 14 more days and he will be fine.

Everything these days gets blown out of proportion. Cancel everything!
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manhattanboy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2020, 06:14 PM   #38
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bieksa exaggerates. If that was true that wouldn’t have voted it through this far.

The players got paid for the full season. Would you want to go back to work if you were still collecting your full pay check?

I don’t think these guys realize how much in escrow will be owed if they do not finish up this season.

A billion dollars is not a tiny amount.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 06:19 PM   #39
Johnhitbox
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post

Derp.

I don’t see how the nhl wouldn’t just survey the players? If the players are afraid of their health, than they could just say no. If they are well educated on the risks of covid 19, and understand that it’s a possibility that they could lose their lives.than just don’t play.

But, at this point. The likelihood of dying from this virus are about as high as dying from a head injury. At their age and physical condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johnhitbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 06:27 PM   #40
Dragomir
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Shut it down, safety comes first.
Dragomir is offline   Reply With Quote