Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2020, 06:54 PM   #561
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Number font is a little weird but overall it's not horrible.

Jeezuz you guys are tough...I dont mind these Unis, they are bright colors and better than a lot of other uniforms. The helmet logo is fine...its not THAT different, especially from a fans perspective in the seats.
Cheese is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 10:01 AM   #562
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dunbars comments aged really well too.

Quote:
Shortly before the warrant for his arrest was issued Thursday, he held a 15-minute introductory teleconference call and told Seattle reporters: "You just want to feel wanted at the end of the day. ... I just hope to repay them with the way I carry myself as a person."
well ...
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 10:27 AM   #563
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
I've always said Mike Tomlin encouraged dirty hits.
Saints will likely ensure this gets investigated heavily.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 10:32 AM   #564
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

well I'm not saying it didn't happen ... Tomlin might very well be a guy who does that stuff. But I will say that Harrison will say about everything these days to make the Steelers look bad. This is a guy that has proudly admitted to faking injuries, sleeping during meetings and so on in order to be released and who recently said he wouldn't have retired if the Pats had beaten the Eagles, just so he could help get them a 7th SB to knock the Steelers off the perch. He's also lied about being asked to be a mentor for the younger linebackers in Pittsburgh. He's a bitter man with an obvious agenda, so I take everything he says with a heap of salt.

but again, who knows. If true, there need to be consequences.
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2020, 11:08 AM   #565
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Saints will likely ensure this gets investigated heavily.
I also think they've ensured they're not winning the Super Bowl next year lol
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 01:38 PM   #566
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
I also think they've ensured they're not winning the Super Bowl next year lol
Well I might suggest their roster management from last season already set that fate in stone for them. But I could see a few more calls going against them now.

I will fully admit that the Chiefs were beneficiaries of many calls from officials this year than any other previous year I watched them. I don't think it's the only reason they won the Superbowl...but I don't doubt it helped their case. In the back of my mind, I can't help but wonder if the machine decided that they want Mahomes to be the new Brady and eventually the Chiefs become the hated team who cheat their way to success. If it results in like 5 Suprebowls...I take that fate any day.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:15 PM   #567
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
Well I might suggest their roster management from last season already set that fate in stone for them. But I could see a few more calls going against them now.

I will fully admit that the Chiefs were beneficiaries of many calls from officials this year than any other previous year I watched them. I don't think it's the only reason they won the Superbowl...but I don't doubt it helped their case. In the back of my mind, I can't help but wonder if the machine decided that they want Mahomes to be the new Brady and eventually the Chiefs become the hated team who cheat their way to success. If it results in like 5 Suprebowls...I take that fate any day.
Your pessimistic fandom in the face of having who is seemingly the single greatest young QB prospect since Brady is downright impressive. I respect the hell out of that you miserable bastard
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2020, 03:19 PM   #568
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1261372096849952769
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 03:38 PM   #569
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
What a terrible way to try a promote a good cause. Literally paying off teams to hire minorities? If that's the route they have to take then yikes. And I mean imagine being an assistant coach hired just so your team can move up some slots.

I think inclusivity is something that always needs to be continued to work towards but this does not seem like the answer to me.
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Patek23 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2020, 03:41 PM   #570
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

What if every team hires a minority? Then does everyone move 10 spots?
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 04:23 PM   #571
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

What if you hire a minority woman? Automatic #1 overall pick?
Old 05-15-2020, 09:40 PM   #572
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Incentives may need to be put in place at this point to improve the diversity in front office hires, but this is an extremely heavy handed approach that doesn't seem appropriate.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 07:15 PM   #573
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Been quite the few days for the NFL.

Quote:
Washington Redskins wide receiver Cody Latimer was arrested early Saturday morning after shots were reportedly fired inside a Douglas County, Colorado, apartment, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Department. Latimer has posted a $25,000 bond, according to the department.

According to a sheriff's department report, a witness said they heard arguing and what sounded like gunshots inside the apartment. One person was identified as having minor, non-gunshot injuries.

Latimer, 27, was taken into custody and sent to the Douglas County Detention Facility. He has been booked on felony charges of assault in the second degree, menacing and illegal discharge of a firearm and misdemeanor charges of prohibited use of a weapon and reckless endangerment.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...charge-firearm

Quote:
Former NFL linebacker Antonio Morrison is facing at least one felony intimidation charge after a series of incidents in Carmel, Ind., according to published reports.

Morrison, 25, has been in Marion County Jail since Thursday after being arrested in Indianapolis. According to the Indianapolis Star, he was arrested there on preliminary charges of battery and battery against a public safety official.

It is currently unclear if the Carmel and Indianapolis incidents are related, according to multiple reports. Carmel is located 15 miles north of Indianapolis.
https://calgarysun.com/sports/footba...f-98166efc3fba

Last edited by transplant99; 05-16-2020 at 11:19 PM.
transplant99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 05:58 AM   #574
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Been quite the few days for the NFL.
yeah, no kidding.

Quote:
Buffalo Bills defensive lineman Ed Oliver was arrested Saturday night in Houston, Texas and charged with DWI and unlawfully carrying a weapon.

Oliver was pulled over after a motorist called 911 and reported a white Ford Superduty pickup that was failing to maintain a lane and driving dangerously in a construction zone, according to montgomerycountypolicereporter.com.

After locating the vehicle and pulling it over, a Montgomery Count Sheriff's Deputy requested a DWI Certified Officer to the scene and a field sobriety test was performed on Oliver, who was found driving with an open container of alcohol between his legs. A subsequent search of Oliver's vehicle found a pistol but no drugs. Oliver was arrested and brought to Kingwood Hospital for a mandatory blood draw before being transported to jail.

Oliver, 22, was booked at the Montgomery County Jail and charged with one count of driving under the Influence of alcohol and one count of unlawfully carrying a weapon, according to the police report.
https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-dl-ed...weapon-charges
Old 05-17-2020, 11:50 AM   #575
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

On right now, live, someone found footage of, and then synced up with each other, all early football games from a week in 1988 and have it put together in a Redzone package, split screen, etc, with a guy explaining things just like Redzone.

browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 12:24 PM   #576
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Peak delusional right here. But Mahomes deserves a 25% stake in the Chiefs if Dak gets $45 million a season.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1263493683548225536
Old 05-21-2020, 01:15 PM   #577
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Peak delusional right here. But Mahomes deserves a 25% stake in the Chiefs if Dak gets $45 million a season.

I hope he gets it and hamstrings the Cowboys for years!
Cheese is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2020, 01:22 PM   #578
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post

It's delusional now but the QB salary scale is increasing annually more than any other position and teams that play hardball with their QB's taking their time to sign them to extensions typically end up shooting themselves in the foot and paying more in the long run. I get that the Chiefs want to try once more to win with Mahomes on his rookie deal but every year that passes means they will have to pay him more long term. I think the Cowboys have to sign him this offseason as that offense is loaded with the addition of Lamb and Prescott's numbers will reflect all the talent around him making his asking price that much higher next offseason.

The problem for me is that I think you could put Andy Dalton in that offense without much of a drop off as Prescott isn't a guy that's going to elevate an offense and if you put him with the Bengals last season they still end up picking Burrows first overall. I think Prescott is a good, middle tier starter which is fine but nowhere near worth being paid top 5 QB money but we all know Jerry loves his boys.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2020, 01:23 PM   #579
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Plug in the Red Rifle, let him put up numbers comparable to Dak, kick Dak to curb.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2020, 02:23 PM   #580
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Eagles fan in me wants Dak to get $35 million plus a season.

Hell the Eagles fan in me says $50 million a season.
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KelVarnsen For This Useful Post: