Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 09:53 AM   #501
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope everyone enjoys her shtick while it lasts. Because I don't see her lasting around here much longer before the ban hammer hits her. I popped into this thread for the first time since last week, and as Hockeyninja said, now it's just sad, and I'm the first guy in line to mock people and have some cheap laughs at others' expense. But what's even sadder are the people responding to her, trying to get her to see the errors of her ways.

Having said that, someone should try the ol' reverse psychology trick and start agreeing with her and see where that leads us...
Old 02-19-2014, 02:30 PM   #502
19Yzerman19
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
Every seen 3rd rock from the sun silly video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1ZZWhSvOMI

It's funny, but that's how tipping really works,
If anyone needs any further proof that this person is simply beyond reaching, just take a gander at THIS assertion. I mean, good God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego Man View Post
No one has to lock the thread, just stop feeding her.
Unfortunately not how the internet works.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:36 PM   #503
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

I think Troutman had it right when he said performance art.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:52 PM   #504
Springs1
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Within reason. The employer wants to satisfy the customer in order to make money, true. Implying that they will do whatever the customer wants just to make an extra $2, is crazy.
Within reason, I agree. Reason is letting the customer make all the decisions for their money. I don't know WHERE do you get just an extra "$2" from is beyond me? I am talking about the entire tip.

Quote:
No you don't have to take it.
My point is that I don't have to take that time from them they are taking away from me and making me decline the refill when I should have been *ASKED* instead.

My point was, not only do I not have to take the refill, I shouldn't *EVER* have to decline it once it has been fixed if I didn't order it. I didn't consent to that drink. I didn't order it nor did my server ask as they are SUPPOSED to do since it's called "CUSTOMER SERVICE" for a real reason, NOT "SERVER SERVICE OR MANAGER SERVICE OR OWNER SERVICE" is it and we pay a tip for a real reason to get what *WE* want for *OUR TIP MONEY*.

Quote:
But sane people don't get upset about it, they just say 'No thanks'
No, sane people would NEVER "THANK" someone for wasting their time and making a decision that isn't theirs to make. Sane people would only thank someone if it was OFFERED, NOT if time has been wasted doing something that's unwanted. Why would someone "thank" someone for taking up their time like that, which is their tip money, huh?

You are CRAZY if you think that someone should "thank" someone for wasting their time.

They should be saying they are *****SORRY****** for ASSUMING WRONG. It's getting the order wrong, that means an apology is owed for the mistake. In actuality, it's not a mistake, because it's done on purpose. They should be apologizing for CONTROLLING SOMEONE ELSE'S TIP MONEY AND TIME.

It's not my server's decision if I want a refill. It's my decision since *I* am *******PAYING******** THE TIP.

Quote:
Most restaurants have a simple policy. A guests drink should never be empty.
That doesn't mean the server can't ask. WHERE are you getting they can't "ASK" at the greeting if customers want that type of service, huh?

Quote:
If you're drinking a coke, and it's a third full, they should bring you another coke immediately.
WHO THE HELL SAYS? WHO ARE ***YOU***** TO TELL ME HOW ********I ********* WANT TO SPEND ***********MY MONEY CONTROL FREAK, HUH?

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU? I am not a child and you aren't a parent or guardian. You can't tell me how to live my life. I don't understand this????

They shouldn't be ordering for me. WHERE do you get that servers order for their customers like that? So a stranger should order for me, WTH?? That makes NO SENSE what-so-ever. They aren't supposed to be making ******MY DECISIONS ********I AM PAYING FOR*********** TO HAVE!

They should be ************CONSIDERATE ENOUGH TO ********************ASK IF IT'S OK WITH YOU***************! THAT IS WHAT CARING AND GOOD SERVICE IS. If you want someone to order for you, *******************TELL YOUR SERVER THAT WHEN THEY GREET YOU!!! They can't read your mind.

Either let you order or they ask, but NOT order for you. WHY are *WE* TIPPING* IF IT'S MY SERVER'S DECISION, HUH?

Quote:
The guest shouldn't have to ask every time,
I agree 100%. I said MY SERVER SHOULD BE *ASKING* ME, NOT ME ASK THEM.

Quote:
since them ordering a coke implies that they want coke.
No, it does NOT IMPLY THAT. It only implies the ONE COKE they ORDERED. They ONLY SAID "A COKE" they didn't say REFILLS AND REFILLS OF IT. It's just like when you buy all you can eat seafood, you are not brought more automatically. They *ASK* you if you want more. No restaurant is smart to give away products like that. They are probably more cautious with seafood since that's A LOT more expensive. When I got the never ending pasta bowl at Olive Garden, they didn't just bring me what I had the first time, I was *ASKED*.

Quote:
Luckily my customers aren't crazy like you are.
How is it crazy to want what *YOU* want for *********YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY*****, huh? Don't *YOU* want what *YOU* want for *YOUR MONEY*? I'd like you to truly answer that please.

Quote:
You don't get to 'rule' the service, you simply receive it.
NO, I get to rule it. If I tell my server that I want my check before my meal arrives because I am on my lunch break, I sure won't be offered dessert and I will get my check before my food arrives. If I tell my server I don't want refills without asking, they sure will abide if they want my tip. They aren't going to hinder the tip and you know that's the GOD'S TRUTH!

I do get to rule the service even if I don't tell them, because by lowering the tip it improves the next time around when on the survey for example or a complaint to a manager if it's something major they did wrong, they will *LEARN* to not do that behavior anymore.

It's positive and negative reinforcement. An example if it hurts to slap yourself on your leg, will you continue to do it? Of course not, because pain is a negative reaction to it just like if you get a bad tip that you won't do that behavior anymore.

I do get to rule the service because *******I AM PAYING A TIP FOR IT!***** If I didn't get to rule it, WHY THE HELL AM I PAYING A TIP, HUH? Especially if I am being mandated to do it in a large party with automatic gratuity?

My tip money rules my server's actions. If I decline a refill they got, they sure don't go do it again after I sent them back. They don't want to do more work for nothing. It's common sense. They don't keep giving me refills without asking once I have declined the refill. It's common sense.

If I do a survey, which they do have a lot of those at restaurants, the people that don't do what I said they did wrong if I get them again, they know they won't get as much, it's that simple. If they do as I asked, they get bonus extra money.

Quote:
If you like it, tip well. If you don't like it, don't tip well.
I rule my service. It all depends on if they do well or not.

Quote:
But don't get all huffy and puffy because a server did something that wasn't 100% to your specifications, like bringing you a free refill before you ask for it. That's simply insane.
No, it's insane to think that a stranger gets to place an ORDER for another stranger that this stranger isn't paying the tip and wants the other stranger's money out of VOLUNTARILY giving it to them.

It's insane to think that the server should have control over someone else's tip money that *THEY* want. If I want someone's money if I were a server, it's COMMON SENSE I would have to make *************************THEM HAPPY*******************, NOT ********MYSELF HAPPY********** as the server. Just because I like iced tea without lemon doesn't mean my customer does. I wouldn't serve it without lemon, I'd *ASK* when I get their order if they want lemon or not. Do you understand that service goes by ***********INDIVIDUALITY*************, NOT BY MAJORITY?

Maritime Q-Scout said:
Quote:
No two people are alike
Why don't you take his advice? If no two people are alike, WHY should you "SERVE" in that manner, huh?

Why should I feel my server is going to assume and order for me? Especially when a lot of servers AREN'T DOING THAT, they aren't? Let's just say hypothetically if they were(which they aren't), it's still common sense to know that the *CUSTOMER* orders, NOT the server. WHY do we get a menu and we tip if "WE" aren't in the decision making here?

It's insane to think that you feel a server has legal rights to ORDER for someone else when they aren't the ones *PAYING* to get that decision making.

It's insane to feel you shouldn't have to tell your server you want refills without asking when most servers aren't doing this. It's insane to think you shouldn't have to ask this when *YOU* are the customer, so if *YOU* want something, *YOU* need to speak up. That means just as I said before, if I want my check before dessert offerings, I will have to *ASK* for it.

It's insane to think my server should have the right to order for me when *I* am (**********PAYING THE TIP************** AND THEY AREN'T PAYING ME A PENNY TO HAVE THAT DECISION GRANTED TO THEM*****.

It's called ********CUSTOMER***********SERVICE******** FOR A REAL REASON. It's not called "SERVER SERVICE" is it? Is the server paying the customer? NO, so WHY should they have any say in the service, huh?

What drinks or food that comes to the table is the customer's decision ONLY! It's not the server's decision. It never has been, never will be. If you want that, *YOU* order that way like a grown ADULT.

I don't have to tell my server "Please don't order for me." *****THAT WOULD BE INSANE TO HAVE TO TELL MY SERVER THAT! You truly don't agree? I mean WHY do we get a menu if it's NOT OUR decision, huh? Why are we paying a tip if it's not our decision?

Just because you are happy with your service that way doesn't mean everyone feels that way, that's why you *ASK* permission BEFORE doing things. You can't just ORDER for a stranger. That's just not right. Why should my money suffer for you? Why not just ORDER that way and you will be happy? In a way, you are testing the server if you don't. It's true.

Last edited by Springs1; 02-19-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:57 PM   #505
strombad
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Uh oh, she learned colours.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:59 PM   #506
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yep, pretty much.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 07:00 PM   #507
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by strombad View Post
Uh oh, she learned colours.

It's the Nyquil and Red Bull she's chugging.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:05 PM   #508
dsavillian
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
WHO THE HELL SAYS? WHO ARE ***YOU***** TO TELL ME HOW ********I ********* WANT TO SPEND ***********MY MONEY CONTROL FREAK, HUH?
Does this qualify as ironic? I can never tell
Old 02-19-2014, 07:09 PM   #509
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Old 02-19-2014, 07:17 PM   #510
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy f888, she's still here.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:28 PM   #511
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Replied to way more of this than I should have. Tried to gloss over as much as possible but springs posts so much garbage it's almost hard to ignore.

Quote:
No, sane people would NEVER "THANK" someone for wasting their time and making a decision that isn't theirs to make. Sane people would only thank someone if it was OFFERED, NOT if time has been wasted doing something that's unwanted. Why would someone "thank" someone for taking up their time like that, which is their tip money, huh?

You are CRAZY if you think that someone should "thank" someone for wasting their time.
NONE of your time has been wasted in this scenario. If they bring you a free refill, that you did order as implied by you ordering the drink in the first place, how has any of your time been wasted? Some of the servers time has, sure, but how does that effect you? If the server is running around wasting time in a way that doesn't effect you at all, let the restaurants management deal with it.

Your're a guest in the restaurant. Your job is to sit back and enjoy yourself. Let us take care of worrying about the other stuff.

Quote:
WHERE are you getting they can't "ASK" at the greeting if customers want that type of service, huh?
Years of experience, that's where

Quote:
WHO THE HELL SAYS?
I did.

Quote:
WHO THE HELL ARE YOU? I am not a child and you aren't a parent or guardian. You can't tell me how to live my life. I don't understand this????
Well, right back at you, who the hell are you? Someone offers you a free service, a free drink to go with the drink you previously ordered, and you get upset at them? Who the hell are you to treat someone with that little respect?

Quote:
They should be ************CONSIDERATE ENOUGH TO ********************ASK IF IT'S OK WITH YOU***************! THAT IS WHAT CARING AND GOOD SERVICE IS. If you want someone to order for you, *******************TELL YOUR SERVER THAT WHEN THEY GREET YOU!!! They can't read your mind.
If you ordered a Coke. It's therefore a pretty safe assumption to make to assume you might want another Coke. THAT'S service. If a server only does things that a guest directly asks for, that's not good service. That's just a person being a slave.

The difference between good service and great service is having the things taken care of that you aren't even thinking about. Before you get a chance to even think "hmm, I'd like more Coke"BANG, there it is. Before you even asked. THAT'S service.

If you don't want it, politely decline and ask for what you do want. But don't be a bitch about it just because you didn't get to boss that person around first.

Glossing over a large chunk of gibberish here..... Seriously springs1, try doing this in English next time.

Quote:
I do get to rule the service even if I don't tell them, because by lowering the tip it improves the next time around when on the survey for example or a complaint to a manager if it's something major they did wrong, they will *LEARN* to not do that behavior anymore.
Or if it's a BS complaint like yours, it gets laughed off and ignored.

Last edited by btimbit; 02-19-2014 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Fixed broken quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:40 PM   #512
Moderation in all things...

Exp:

This thread has run its course.
Closed Thread