Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-17-2018, 08:36 AM   #181
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Agreed, and Rey Mysterio's return was kind of lackluster. Wish they gave him new music too, it's far too dated now. Also looks much more normal since puffing up with muscles 10 years ago.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:50 AM   #182
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Unless that match boosts the WWE network subscriptions by about a billion people, or they're going to give the entire gate of a 58,000 person arena who pay $1000.00 per person I call shenanigans on that figure.
Well you are assuming the Saudi's actually care to make a profit or even care about the $58M at all.

If there is any truth to that rumour then my guess would be $58M total over 10 years for Michaels to fight on the Saudi Arabia cards, $5.8M a year for 1-2 appearances per year seems more reasonable.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:09 AM   #183
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
Smackdown 1000 was pretty underwelming. I always love to see Vince in the ring but all he did was a dance break? Kind of lame.

No Rock, no Cena. Undertaker took 10 minutes to get to the ring and say one line.

Evolution segment was kind of cool. Especially to see Batista.

Should've had Miz TV instead of Truth TV.

Personally I think they really underuse the Miz. Right now he's their best heel and elevates everyone he works with. The recent roll up loss to Bryan was just stupid, in fact the whole feud between Miz and Bryan was just poorly done, and some of the blame goes to Bryan who since returning has been pretty lackluster and even his in ring performances to me haven't been great, and they basically used Bryan to promote Brie.

Realistically I would rather see Miz fighting for the heavy weight title against Styles then Bryan.

I like Truth and his gimmick is amusing as it gets, but really MizTV is just more heat generating.

I believe that Cena is on his way out of being even a part time guy with the WWE, he's even admitted that he can't perform like he used to, and really there's nothing left for him to do anymore, I don't even know if there's a pass the torch ability with him because he's basically been booked into oblivion over the last few years. The other problem is that Cena is so good on the mic and on selling heat that unless he's in the ring with someone that keep up to him. He made Reigns look terrible in their mic work and they weren't a good match physically.

His feud with Miz with the Miz and Maryse segment was fun, unfortunately the WWE then had Miz and Maryse take a outright beating to further Nikki and the stupid Total Bellas show.

Even the Miz is starting to get to the end of the road, even though he's awesome on the mic and he's healthy because of his ring style, I don't know if you want to put him in the ring with a 20 year old high speed kid. But you could have Miz passing the torch and elevating people . . . well except again, they keep booking him into oblivion.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 12:14 PM   #184
Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I read in the link below Michaels is getting 58 million from Saudi Arabia.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-...ichaels-return

The article is a poor understanding of the quote from Alvarez.

Quote:
There was never several years ago a plan for Shawn Michaels to come back. He was never going to come back. It was never in discussions. He shot it down every single time.

In this situation, the working plan is that he is going to come back. The main difference is $58 million a year for 10 years from Saudi Arabia. He ain’t doing this cheap.

In other words, Michaels never considered coming out of retirement, but now that WWE has a deal for $58 a million a year for 10 years, he is coming out of retirement and will want a cut of that pie.
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Swift For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2018, 02:02 PM   #185
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Kevin Owen's had double knee surgery which means that his 8 month time line to recover could stretch out.

He laughingly twittered that they had a 2 for 1 deal at the surgery store.

Old 10-19-2018, 08:19 AM   #186
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Tegan Nox's knee exploded during her Mae Young Classic match with Rhea Ripley

https://twitter.com/user/status/1052741053328097280

Quote:
Tegan Nox took to Twitter and tweeted about the knee injury she suffered during the Mae Young Classic tapings back in August, which aired on last night’s episode. Nox said her knee “exploded” and revealed that she suffered a dislocated knee cap (which reset itself instantly), a tear of the MCL & LCL, a full ACL tear and both meniscus, bone contusions and a second fracture of her left tibia.

Old 10-19-2018, 08:55 AM   #187
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Good god. That's the worst knee injury I've seen and I've been watching Rey Mysterio's knees turn to sawdust over a career.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:25 AM   #188
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Personally, I think its a career killer, I believe she was coming off of another significant injury as well.

Tegan Nox is really talented as a wrestler, but she's already staring at grandma knees at the age of 40.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:17 PM   #189
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Roman Reigns just abdicated the title because he has leukemia.
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:17 PM   #190
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Roman Reigns announces he has leukaemia. Horrible news for the guy.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...ukemia-wwe-raw

Intrigued to see how this changes WWE plans between now and Wrestlemania.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:32 PM   #191
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Very sad, I know to me he has been overbooked, but at the end of the day, the news of this diagnosis has to be devastating, especially since it sounds like its a relapse.

It was tough watching Dean and Seth obviously very emotional, but also Renee and Corey breaking down.

Tough to watch

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2018, 06:34 PM   #192
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Old 10-22-2018, 07:13 PM   #193
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I saw a comment on Facebook from some idiot saying he's happy he has Leukaemia because now he doesn't have to see him on TV every week. Some people just cant separate the character from the actual person.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:21 PM   #194
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Words can’t express how much I hate cancer. I hope all the best for him.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:48 PM   #195
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I saw a comment on Facebook from some idiot saying he's happy he has Leukaemia because now he doesn't have to see him on TV every week. Some people just cant separate the character from the actual person.

Some people just have the wrong perspective on things.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:09 PM   #196
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not so sure tonight was the best night to turn Ambrose heel...
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:09 PM   #197
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn that sucks, the wrestling community is so close knit glad he will have all the support he needs

Hope he beats it again and can come back better than ever
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:29 PM   #198
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Just some thoughts on Raw tonight.

The opening was gut wrenching, I might not like Roman Reigns the wrestling character, or the booking decisions behind him. But as a person, I wish him the absolute best and hope that he comes back to drive us to boo him with an over push because it means he's ok.

I don't know what the survival rate is on Leukemia in terms of people who have relapsed, which it sounds like Roman has. Just doing some looking, its significantly less then the first time around and the treatment is much more sucky. But here's hoping that he regains his health.

The announcement was so massive and heart wrenching that you saw the Shield pose with Seth Rollins barely able to keep it together. Renee and Corey Graves were breaking down. The announcement also sucked the life out of the crowd for most of the night.

With that emotional bomb they promptly roll out Bobby Lashley and his annoying manager Slick, no wait its Lio Rush. They put him up against the pretty much forgotten Finn Balor. While it was nice that Finn got the win, it further sucked the energy out of the building, and was just a bad decision after the opening.

Is there any doubt at all that Drew McIntyre is going to be pushed to the top of the card. The fact that he's the one man that doesn't fear the Monster among men and is going looking for him is kind of proof of that.

Ruby Riot vs Sasha Banks

Has any team been booked more into oblivion then the Riot Squad. Sadly Ruby and Sarah are extremely talented and Liv has the personality to be successful, but when you lose to the Bella's frankly you should retire, but more on that later. Amazingly they once again blathered on about Logan being a viking but this was a pretty flat match, and I get that the locker room is probably shaken. But the WWE when they bailed on the Sasha vs Bayley feud and put them back together it made Sasha flat and boring. I used to be a big fan of Banks and Bayley, but now they're just meh, and Sasha has major Flair disease in that everyone of her matches is the same.

A big solid who cares both of these groups are irrelevant.

Oh good DX comes out. You know when your dad hits his late mid life crisis and he decides to try to be cool. Maybe he grows a pony tail, and starts wearing jeans that look ridiculous and trades in his botton down shirt and starts calling your friends dog while doing awkward fist bumps. Well frankly that's DX, the gimmick doesn't work because they're middle aged dads and it feels like a mid life crisis thing. Even their quips come across as bad verbal fist bumps (don't leave me hangin son). Then it gets worse as the brothers of destruction roll out the same old line, we'll kill you and bury you here and you'll rest in peace. After watching UT and Triple H tip toe around in their last match, this is just one match that I'm not interested in. I also have to wonder how the voters feel about their mayor spending this much time wrestling.

Again after the emotional start to the show the WWE has really struggled to recapture a audience who's had the enthusiasm sucked out of them.

Is there anyone better on the Mic then Heyman? I'd say nope. You could see the emotion on Heyman's face as he talked about his respect for Reigns, then he positioned Lesnar as the obvious choice for carrying on that legacy. Then Braun comes down and puts over Roman and promises him a title shot. Then Drew comes out and absolutely murders Braun with a Claymore. As much as people believe that Braun is winning the belt. I'd say that there is a title run for Drew coming very quickly.

Are we seeing an Elias face turn? His confrontation with Baron was great, the match against Crews was kind of bland. But I like that they're Maggie Simpsoning Elias and not letting him get his songs out. I actually think that Elias is tremendously talented and the segment with him and KO was the segment of the year.

Holy crap Angle starts talking, I go outside for a smoke and come back in and he's still talking. Boring.

Ok, I get that they're trying to do the flip the switch Rhonda Rousey thing where she's all smiles and then a switch flips and she goes nuts. However you'd think the writers would be smart enough to have her come out angry over the betrayal by the Bellas. Speaking of which, I know that they're heels but heels don't have to be annoying and Nikki's promo work isn't good, its annoying and its the wrong kind of heat. Frankly putting Rhonda in the ring with Nikki is a massive mistake unless its a 50 second match. If Nikki keeps up with Rhonda after Rhonda destroyed Alexa its bad for her character. Another match that I don't want to see. I get that Rhonda is in training but Nikki isn't an opponent that can bail out Rhonda's mistakes. Can we move on to a Becky Lynch vs Rhonda arm bar vs Disarmer matchup please.

Female fatal four way. Ember Moon wins. I mean she's great technically but she has the personality of a brick, but this was pretty much a forgotten Nia Jax, Dana Brooks and Taminia Snuka (She still has a job why?) match that would have been better served on Main Event.

Trish Stratus, Lita segment. Poor Alexa is fighting a bunch of different injuries and the rumor is that Rhonda accidentally busted her nose and gave her a concussion during the live shows this weekend. I know a lot of people don't like Alexa, but I'm a fan of hers, but there's no one in the woman's division except for Becky that can keep up with a heel Alexa. They subbed Foxy in who looked like a monster compared to Trish and Lita and the brand of crazy just didn't work, in the end the heels took a beat down, and this suddenly became a less interesting match for me.

Dean Ambros and Seth vs Drew and Dolph.

This was actually a good little match and one final chance to energize the crowd and they did it with a win for Seth and Dean. This was supposed to be a feel good moment. But what happened next to me was a brilliant piece of booking. Some people are going to hate this opinion, but this is the first time in a long time that Vince showed an incredible piece of brilliant shock booking that made him so successful during the Attitude era. Just the look on the crowds face as Dean turned on Seth and destroyed him was brilliant and unexpected. How dare he some people will scream. The show must go on I say. Everything was brilliant right down to the kid screaming at Dean "Why Why Why" to the camera work in the crowd of the shocked faces, to the Dirty Deeds on the Concrete floor. The only problem I had with it was they took it too far in terms of showing Dean walking through the crowd and some fans giving him a thumbs up or a pat on the back. If they had ended it with some of the shocked faces and Dean staring down at Seth's corpse it would have been perfect.

As it is through some brilliant booking they instantly added a incredibly hot heel to the main event, and on top of it elevated Seth back to the main event where he belonged.

Out of a often emotionally drained and listless for a reason Raw, this sent the fans home entertained, angry and anxious to see what happened next.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:30 PM   #199
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Not so sure tonight was the best night to turn Ambrose heel...

It was the perfect night, the only mistake was Dean walking through the audience in the end.

I loved the shock effect of it.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2018, 10:00 PM   #200
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1054540004221841408