Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #941
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Any reference for this? Curious to know how much it puts out/if the fans are terribly loud.
There was too much ambient noise for me to tell how loud the fans were. They appear to be massive in the breakdown videos though, so it should help keep any kind of noise down (larger fan, less revs for same volume of air). It was the sheer amount of heat/air that surprised me though. I don't think you can put anything on top of that console or keep it in an enclosed space.

That said, they could have made changes to all that with the release systems versus what they had running a month or two ago. Maybe not though.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #942
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post

But I'm in the same boat as many....I'll wait and see what happens over the 8-12 months after release before making any sort of decision. Now if someone happens to get me one or the other before then I won't be turning it down.
Agreed. Its amazing how many fanboys made their minds up as soon as the consoles were announced and really have no idea what real life performance or features will play out. My plan is to get a new console for NHL 15 -- by that time there will be a lot more clarity on the pros and cons of each as well as more good games, and even bundles. Until then, PS3 will have plenty to keep me busy, and probably for pretty cheap.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #943
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post

man, that fifa write-up has me drooling. i hope NHL cherry picks some of their presentation enhancements, sounds amazing.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #944
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/20/mi...your-own-risk/

"We don't support vertical orientation; do it at your own risk," said Albert Panello, senior director of product management for Microsoft's Xbox division. "It wouldn't be a cooling problem, we just didn't design the drive for vertical. Because it's a slot loading drive, we just didn't design it for both."
Old 09-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #945
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Orchid at the end?

Old 09-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #946
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp: