Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-16-2019, 03:00 AM   #5901
OMG!WTF!
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I woke up with my finger trapped under my 2008 Sony laptop. The laptop doesn't even work any more...just sits there, out dated, over weight, dinosaur technology on the table next to my bed. My finger is done for. It's purple and feels like it needs to be amputated. The traps we set. What a schmozzle.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:28 AM   #5902
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
I woke up with my finger trapped under my 2008 Sony laptop. The laptop doesn't even work any more...just sits there, out dated, over weight, dinosaur technology on the table next to my bed. My finger is done for. It's purple and feels like it needs to be amputated. The traps we set. What a schmozzle.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:41 AM   #5903
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

gmg that the PGA championship feed I have at work is so choppy.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:19 AM   #5904
GordonBlue
First Line Centre

Exp:

all this talk about eye floaters inspired me to make an appointment to have my eyes checked.
I took a look and haven't done so in 18 years.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:24 AM   #5905
GordonBlue
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
gmg that the PGA championship feed I have at work is so choppy.
I actually liked the shot Woods took at Daly for applying (and receiving ) a waiver to use a cart.

I disagree with him being allowed to use the cart.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:38 AM   #5906
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
And it is kinda cool to have a real life hells angel dude on the forum. I bet he has some stories eh?
kinda cool? They are organized criminals and the scum of the earth.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/cri...t-support-them

Last edited by troutman; 05-16-2019 at 09:44 AM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:39 AM   #5907
GordonBlue
First Line Centre

Exp:

doesn't really grind my gears per se, but I don't like the new Molson Canadian logo.
the new clock logo is stupid.
https://www.underconsideration.com/b..._brandopus.php

"To generate reappraisal and drive the visual presentation of the brand, we looked to revive Molson visual equities that had been lost over time. For generations Molson has been making its mark on Canadian culture, through bringing in historical elements we have been able to evoke the values of founder John Molson and his legacy but in a forward-facing, timeless way.

Once we defined a new visual identity for the masterbrand we extended the same principals into the sub-brands within the portfolio. Each of the Molson sub-brands retains key equities but with the Molson identify playing a much more active role to drive recognition and meaningfulness across the entire portfolio."

blah blah blah. what a bunch of garbage.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:41 AM   #5908
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
kinda cool? They are organized criminals and the scum of the earth.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/cri...t-support-them
You missed the humorous part...

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VladtheImpaler For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2019, 12:30 PM   #5909
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
For the last gd time... my username has nothing to do at all with any allegiance, admiration, support or promotion of the Hells Angels. It is in respect to my first love, a 1981 Monte Carlo. I had never heard of this being an HA thing until Long after Iíve had the username in circulation, and will not be changing it due to some outlaw thug association.
I can respect that.

Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2019, 02:31 PM   #5910
Rando
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

The high volume of Chinese spam phone calls I've been receiving lately.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rando For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2019, 03:00 PM   #5911
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I just got trolled in most epic fashion while driving. It was honestly one of the most random but massive dbag moves ever. And directly relates to a topic we discussed ITT not too long ago.

Approaching T intersection. Double left hander onto the crossroad. Big dump truck is in right lane to turn left. I need to exit to the right about 20m after I turn left. If the left turn lane was empty, it’s a no brainer to take left lane since I’m going to accelerate faster than dump truck and I’ll easily be able to move right and make my exit once we complete our left turn and join crossroad.

But there’s a car ahead of me. This is a risk because if he doesn’t accelerate fast enough I won’t be able to move over and I’ll miss my exit. But he clearly moves to the left lane to avoid being behind dump truck so I’m thinking he wants to exit right and will accelerate fast enough I should be able to easily move over with him. Two cars behind me do the same thing. So we’re gonna need to get past this truck quick for everyone to make exit.

Here’s where the epic troll job comes into play. Light turns green. Dump truck guns it. But it’s a dump truck so he’s not accelerating very fast. We can still get ahead of him and move to right lane and make exit. Ok no worries yet.

But guy ahead of me just sits there. Just when I’m about to honk he finally hits the gas, just barely tho. He then proceeds to match he dump trucks pace thru the left hand turn. I quickly realize the I’ve misjudged and the car in front of me is a struggler and there’s no way I’m getting ahead of the dump truck. I slow down from our already snails pace because I need to get in behind the dump truck as soon as our turn is completed so I can exit to the right.

The people behind me are not pleased. I briefly consider saying #### it and going all the way to the next exit but I decide I’m gonna slip behind the truck, even if it means taking this turn at walking speed.

We complete our left turn and approach the next intersection. Right as I move in behind the truck I notice the struggler all of a sudden gun it and change lanes and take my exit to the right.

That’s right, this ####ing ####### POS in front of me was intentionally sandbagging it thru the corner just to be the worlds biggest dbag so that only he could get in front of the truck and make the exit. He was legit braking to keep pace with the dump truck until right at the last second when he gunned it and moved over.

So to the red Honda Civic in front of me today, you sir are the worlds biggest ######. It was an epic troll job but I hope you die a painful death for being such a POS. Meanwhile the guy in the dump truck was probably laughing his ass off.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 05-16-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2019, 03:03 PM   #5912
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did you get his plate number? I'd like to buy him a beer.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:11 PM   #5913
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Did you get his plate number? I'd like to buy him a beer.
If you can find where Iíve dumped his body, youíre more than welcome to.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:20 PM   #5914
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:35 PM   #5915
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
If you can find where Iíve dumped his body, youíre more than welcome to.
You know who could probably help with that? Hellís Angels. Bet theyíre just the tops at that sort of thing.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:42 PM   #5916
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Monte Carlo?
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:15 PM   #5917
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I just got trolled in most epic fashion while driving. It was honestly one of the most random but massive dbag moves ever. And directly relates to a topic we discussed ITT not too long ago.

Approaching T intersection. Double left hander onto the crossroad. Big dump truck is in right lane to turn left. I need to exit to the right about 20m after I turn left. If the left turn lane was empty, itís a no brainer to take left lane since Iím going to accelerate faster than dump truck and Iíll easily be able to move right and make my exit once we complete our left turn and join crossroad.

But thereís a car ahead of me. This is a risk because if he doesnít accelerate fast enough I wonít be able to move over and Iíll miss my exit. But he clearly moves to the left lane to avoid being behind dump truck so Iím thinking he wants to exit right and will accelerate fast enough I should be able to easily move over with him. Two cars behind me do the same thing. So weíre gonna need to get past this truck quick for everyone to make exit.

Hereís where the epic troll job comes into play. Light turns green. Dump truck guns it. But itís a dump truck so heís not accelerating very fast. We can still get ahead of him and move to right lane and make exit. Ok no worries yet.

But guy ahead of me just sits there. Just when Iím about to honk he finally hits the gas, just barely tho. He then proceeds to match he dump trucks pace thru the left hand turn. I quickly realize the Iíve misjudged and the car in front of me is a struggler and thereís no way Iím getting ahead of the dump truck. I slow down from our already snails pace because I need to get in behind the dump truck as soon as our turn is completed so I can exit to the right.

The people behind me are not pleased. I briefly consider saying #### it and going all the way to the next exit but I decide Iím gonna slip behind the truck, even if it means taking this turn at walking speed.

We complete our left turn and approach the next intersection. Right as I move in behind the truck I notice the struggler all of a sudden gun it and change lanes and take my exit to the right.

Thatís right, this ####ing ####### POS in front of me was intentionally sandbagging it thru the corner just to be the worlds biggest dbag so that only he could get in front of the truck and make the exit. He was legit braking to keep pace with the dump truck until right at the last second when he gunned it and moved over.

So to the red Honda Civic in front of me today, you sir are the worlds biggest ######. It was an epic troll job but I hope you die a painful death for being such a POS. Meanwhile the guy in the dump truck was probably laughing his ass off.
I donít think itís a troll job, just a really ####ty driver thinking that going behind the dump truck was a better choice, then seeing you steel his spot behind the dump truck gunning it to make the corner.

How many cars in the dump trucks line when you got to the intersection?
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:31 PM   #5918
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I donít think itís a troll job, just a really ####ty driver thinking that going behind the dump truck was a better choice, then seeing you steel his spot behind the dump truck gunning it to make the corner.

How many cars in the dump trucks line when you got to the intersection?

I donít think thatís what Cecil described. Cecil was behind the guy next to the dump truck.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:33 PM   #5919
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Take the back entrance out of my office and there was a guy shooting heroin stoned out of his mind that I basically had to step over. Good grief.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:52 PM   #5920
Lubicon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Cecil, if your next turn was 20m after making your left there is no way you (or anyone else) should be in the inner lane trying to beat the guy off the line and then cut in front of them to make the right hand turn. Regardless of whether it's a large truck that's not a good move to make. You don't know for sure how they will accelerate and the larger the vehicle the harder it is for them to stop or even slow when someone cuts in front. Suck up the extra couple of seconds longer it might take and be in the right hand land when you make the first left.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post: