Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Default Bungalow or Split

So this is probably more a question for Realtor 1, but if anyone else can help, please chime in.

My wife and I are looking to move to a new home (not brand new, not building new) within the next 12 month. If I had it my way, it would be this summer. It all depends if we can find the type of home we want, along with the facilities nearby that we need for our son.

We've been using sites like MLS and then cross-verifying with the Catholic School Boards list of schools. We want to find a home that is within walking distance to a school for our son. Either a combined E & J or E & J that are different schools. Distance to high school doesn't matter. We also want to look at either bungalows or split levels. We hate stairs.

We've looked at communities like Harvest Hills and Renfrew, so far. We like what we see from those communities. We'd like to stay in the north and something close to either the ring-road or Deefoot.

Any suggestions? Are there other sites we should be checking out? We're still very much in the preliminary planning stage right now. Just want to narrow down our list of communities to look at.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

I have actually had pretty good feedback on my search system - http://tmunroe.com/search.html

Basically scroll in to one of the schools you are considering and view everything around it without clicking on a single property.

Alternatively, if you message/email me your criteria and the specific schools of interest I can set up a auto notification system so you receive listings the second they hit the market. This helps stay on top of properties as it can be too late if you do your daily search around 7pm and the property came on the market at 9pm the previous night.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

As someone who has lived near both Harvest Hills and Renfrew, you are definitely looking at two different communities. How much are you looking to spend? Where do you work? How much room do you need (rooms, square footage, etc.)?

You'll pay for the inner city premium in Renfrew; much better bang for your buck in Harvest Hills. If you work in downtown, Renfrew would be my choice for the commute alone (if you're willing to sacrifice square footage).

P.S. Once the 96 Ave interchange opens, access between Harvest Hills and Deerfoot should be much improved.
The Following User Says Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Thanks for the tips guys.

Realtor 1: I'll probably PM you. But I know this is your job, so I don't want to take away too much of your time without compensation.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #5
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

^^ Part of my job is working without compensation in efforts towards future business so don't worry about it!

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2013, 01:55 AM   #6
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
^^ Part of my job is working without compensation in efforts towards future business so don't worry about it!
In that case I'll chat with my wife and send you some info.

Appreciate it!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #7
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

We've sent off that PM to you, Realtor 1. I sent it on my tapatalk app, so hopefully you received it.

Thanks again!