Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2018, 02:22 PM   #161
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

How's this guys residency visa?
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:11 PM   #162
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hilarious. Kroenke might be the worst owner in all of pro sports and he appears to be 100% focused on pouring money into the Rams at the moment, so have fun with that, Arsenal fans.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2018, 12:38 AM   #163
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
random.. The Asian Games football tournament is turning into a farce. It starts on August 14 in Indonesia and the draw for the 24 teams was done earlier this month. Except they forgot two teams, Palestine and UAE. So tomorrow they have to redo the draw with 26 teams.

That aside, what is important to you folks here is that Spurs have released Son Heung-Min for the tournament. He will miss the first 4 weeks of the premier league season. They are banking on him winning the gold medal which means he will be exempt from military duty in 2020.
He's playing in the first game of the season then leaving
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:59 AM   #164
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fulham are signing Andre Schürrle on loan. Didn't know they were so desperate ... but hey, at least they didn't buy him, so looks like Dortmund is that last team that was fooled into burning money for the soccer version of Sam Bradford.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:51 AM   #165
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chelsea are signing Rob Green.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:40 AM   #166
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
he has to go when he's 29, in 2020 or 2021

When Korean men turn 20, they receive a letter to enlist in the following year. In 2017, males born in 1997 were invited to enlist in 2018. Most Korean men enlist after freshman or sophomore year of college.

Though the enlistment letter arrives after the 20th birthday, men could postpone the enlistment for many reasons. Illness, death of a family member, university and graduate school, enlistment of a sibling, opening a business, raising a child, and more (including being a professional soccer player or a singer/actor).

However, men can’t postpone enlistment for any reason when they turn 29.
well sort of...https://globalvoices.org/2010/09/20/...ry-obligation/
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2018, 11:09 AM   #167
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
He's playing in the first game of the season then leaving
Could be, the first premier league game is Aug 11 and the Asian Games tournament starts on the 14th. Korea is group E so they may start later.

They decided to scrap the redraw and just drew Palestine into Group A and UAE into Group E. So an extra game for Korea. What a farce.

GirlySports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:13 AM   #168
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
They decided to scrap the redraw and just drew Palestine into Group A and UAE into Group E. So an extra game for Korea. What a farce.
how do they get away with that without being showered with protests, legal action and so on?
Old 07-25-2018, 03:48 PM   #169
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Martial has left Uniteds US tour because the birth of his child is due. Mourinho is angered, and MEN say that selling Martial would be a "personal victory" for Mourinho.

That's that then.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:24 PM   #170
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Martial has left Uniteds US tour because the birth of his child is due. Mourinho is angered, and MEN say that selling Martial would be a "personal victory" for Mourinho.

That's that then.
Some reports are that he left and didn’t have permission to go (which seems odd, because it’s the birth of a child). Apparently he also wants to stay in the PL, so of course I can’t help but get my hopes up. He’s probably going to Chelsea or something terrible.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:25 PM   #171
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really excited to be able to watch Yarmolenko more on TV now that he's in the league. Even if its with the Hammers.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:38 PM   #172
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Martial is going to Wolves lol.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:50 PM   #173
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Martial is going to Wolves lol.
I bet he goes to Everton.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:58 PM   #174
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ugh....

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/25/mauri...mours-7757508/

Quote:
‘And of course, very happy with players who have signed new contracts like Harry Kane, Son, Lamela, Davinson and Michel Vorm – that’s like signing five new players.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:27 PM   #175
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Martial might still make it to Spurs. They want Alderweireld and don’t want to pay, we want Martial and don’t want to pay. Sets up pretty well for a last day deal.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:18 PM   #176
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Could be, the first premier league game is Aug 11 and the Asian Games tournament starts on the 14th. Korea is group E so they may start later.

It was announced he would when he signed his new deal
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:41 AM   #177
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1022466775676403712
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2018, 09:15 AM   #178
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Martial might still make it to Spurs. They want Alderweireld and don’t want to pay, we want Martial and don’t want to pay. Sets up pretty well for a last day deal.
I'd honestly be shocked if they sold him within the PL. There's been several reports that they will not consider that at all and I certainly hope they'll stick to that stance. Especially when it comes to use him as a makeweight for almost 30 year olds like Alderweireld or Willian. I think I'd puke.

As for Alderweireld, United will probably just try to sign Maguire instead. According to the Telegraph, they'd be willing to pay 60m plus add-ons.
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2018, 11:45 AM   #179
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
I'd honestly be shocked if they sold him within the PL. There's been several reports that they will not consider that at all and I certainly hope they'll stick to that stance. Especially when it comes to use him as a makeweight for almost 30 year olds like Alderweireld or Willian. I think I'd puke.

As for Alderweireld, United will probably just try to sign Maguire instead. According to the Telegraph, they'd be willing to pay 60m plus add-ons.
Yeah I saw that offer for Maguire and it sure looks like they would sell Martial for that kind of money and then use that for the offer. Lots of clubs want to sell to buy these days, so that just makes sense.

The media and these reports can't be trusted of course, but if they can, there are quite a few linking Martial to Spurs and people saying that he wants to work under Poch. I have no clue how valid it is, and in some ways I don't even see the point of him at Tottenham because I don't know who he gets into the lineup ahead of? He's not taking Dele or Eriksen out and its debatable whether he's better than Son or Lucas. Is that worth spending this kind of money on him?

I still want him because he could be so awesome, and the delight of getting the next foolish Mourinho cast-off is just too compelling. I just don't know if it's sensible at all.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:04 AM   #180
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Yeah I saw that offer for Maguire and it sure looks like they would sell Martial for that kind of money and then use that for the offer. Lots of clubs want to sell to buy these days, so that just makes sense.

The media and these reports can't be trusted of course, but if they can, there are quite a few linking Martial to Spurs and people saying that he wants to work under Poch. I have no clue how valid it is, and in some ways I don't even see the point of him at Tottenham because I don't know who he gets into the lineup ahead of? He's not taking Dele or Eriksen out and its debatable whether he's better than Son or Lucas. Is that worth spending this kind of money on him?

I still want him because he could be so awesome, and the delight of getting the next foolish Mourinho cast-off is just too compelling. I just don't know if it's sensible at all.
Honestly I don’t think he’s worth it. Son and Kane are who’d he want the positions of and far too disruptive for either.
The Following User Says Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post: