Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2018, 11:34 AM   #2161
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Kind of weird some of the blowback I'm hearing about Mahomes this morning with some of the media. Not often you hear a QB criticized after a 5 TD, 400 yard performance..
5 turnovers though....big part of the narrative.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:42 AM   #2162
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
5 turnovers though....big part of the narrative.
Yes, but two were stripped balls while being pursued from behind and one interception was on a tipped ball. Two of them looked suspect to me, the others are just the way it goes sometimes. Pretty hard to hang the loss on a 2nd year guy who's really only been starting for 10 games now. He'll learn from this game.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:14 PM   #2163
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Yes, but two were stripped balls while being pursued from behind and one interception was on a tipped ball. Two of them looked suspect to me, the others are just the way it goes sometimes. Pretty hard to hang the loss on a 2nd year guy who's really only been starting for 10 games now. He'll learn from this game.
Oh I agree...but bottom like is he fumbled the ball twice, and threw 3 picks of which 2 were on him.

It was a very poorly played game in many aspects, but even the offenses made multiple mistakes.

It was fun to watch though...for sure.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:38 PM   #2164
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

He actually threw 6 TD passes.

I think where the Chiefs don't match the Rams or Saints is on the offensive line. It's no coincidence that the Saints are back now with a new rebuilt high end offensive line. The Rams also have a decent unit. The Chiefs are weak at Left Tackle, and their guards aren't particularly good. So when the Chiefs were in a position where they had to throw, the Rams pass rushers were able to make life difficult.

He's a young player who's still learning and last night I think he was outplayed by Goff because of the turn overs.

But the Chiefs will have picks in this draft to maybe seek out help on the line and hopefully a corner. Plus if Eric Berry ever comes back to life and is a shell of himself that should help out what is a truely awful secondary. Orlando Scandrick had the game in his hands...and dropped it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2018, 12:58 PM   #2165
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
Orlando Scandrick had the game in his hands...and dropped it.
That was so frustrating!!! Catch that ball and the Saints are alone in first in the NFC. Ideally I was hoping for a Chiefs win where Mahomes doesn't look great because I want Brees to win at least one regular season MVP before he retires, so that high scoring Rams win was worst case scenario for me haha..but after 5 turnovers, I'm wondering if another potential 4TD, 0 INT, 400 yard game for Drew in two days will be enough to leapfrog him over Mahomes in the MVP race with the national media for the time being.

Chiefs offence is so fun to watch, I'd love to see a Saints/Chiefs game this year.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:36 PM   #2166
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
not only taking the over but these British sites have live betting so people can take the over like 5 times as the game is progressing.

over 64, 74, 84, 94, 104
Doesn't every site have live betting?

I took over 91.5 at half time. Easy money.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:20 PM   #2167
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trubisky looks to be out tomorrow. Will be Interesting to see how Chase Daniel looks in Matt Nagy's offense in comparison to Trubisky.
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:33 PM   #2168
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Chiefs offence is so fun to watch, I'd love to see a Saints/Chiefs game this year.
I'd be okay with that as a Superbowl.

Realistically if the Saints get home field, I don't think anyone can run with them in that Dome. If they have to go on the road, than it's a game. But unless some unforeseen injuries come into play, I think it's Rams and Saints in the NFC. These two are a cut above the rest of the Conference, and really the entire league.

The biggest reason the Saints only have the one Superbowl appearance in my opinion is because they have had to go on the road where they aren't quite as good, and that's cost them some pretty close losses. Last year in Minnesota, and that game against the 49'ers which I think was in 2012.

The Chiefs have actually been able to go on the road and go toe to toe with the likes of Pittsburgh, New England, and now Los Angeles Rams. Even a road win against the Chargers would suggest that they have had a really tough road schedule. Come January the cold weather in Arrowhead might actually work against them. The one thing I notice with this year's Chiefs is that the offence can travel, but the defence is much better at home.

Last edited by Sylvanfan; 11-21-2018 at 12:37 PM.
Sylvanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:38 PM   #2169
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
I'd be okay with that as a Superbowl.

Realistically if the Saints get home field, I don't think anyone can run with them in that Dome. If they have to go on the road, than it's a game. The biggest reason the Saints only have the one Suprebowl appearance in my opinion is becasue they have had to go on the road where they aren't quite as good, and that's cost them some pretty close losses.

The Chiefs have actually been able to go on the road and go toe to toe with the likes of Pittsburgh, New England, and now Los Angeles. Come January the cold weather in Arrowhead might actually work against them. The one thing I notice with this year's Chiefs is that the offence can travel, but the defence is much better at home.
OK with it?! As a long suffering Chiefs fan, I'd be over the moon with a Superbowl appearance! I'm sure that you would be as well?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:44 PM   #2170
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
OK with it?! As a long suffering Chiefs fan, I'd be over the moon with a Superbowl appearance! I'm sure that you would be as well?
I'd be happy to get back to an AFC Championship game...who am I kidding.

A playoff win the Division round...it's only been like 24 years since that happened.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:58 AM   #2171
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Bears seem strikingly similar to the Jags last year, pretty terrible offensively, but a defense that can hang with anyone. Probably too tough to beat both the Rams and Saints with that offense, but maybe Trubisky channels his inner Flacco/Eli.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:39 PM   #2172
Nsd1
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Brutal interception by Stafford in the endzone.
Nsd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 01:45 PM   #2173
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

The game is exactly why the Bears should be drafting their next QB in the next draft or two. You either go with a rookie QB and stack the rest of your roster, or go with an elite, franchise QB and worry about the rest filling in. The Lions have no future with Stafford and his anchor contract, they'll have to hit homeruns with basically all their draft picks the next few years. The Bears will have to pay Trubisky $25 million+ a year within the next two years, even though he's barely worth half of that (and that's probably being generous). If they are smart, they'll assume they're letting Trubisky walk unless he takes far below market, and try to find the next below market QB.
Old 11-22-2018, 02:10 PM   #2174
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

It must be frustrating to be a Lions fan. Stafford is talented and times looks elite but at other times he's terrible. Seems to be good enough to keep the Lions from getting the high draft picks they need to build a good team. The Belchick coaching tree continues to drop duds as it seems Patricia is in over his head. I actually thought he may be the one to break the streak of busts but it's not looking promising. I wouldn't be surprised if he's fired after one season.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:17 PM   #2175
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
It must be frustrating to be a Lions fan. Stafford is talented and times looks elite but at other times he's terrible. Seems to be good enough to keep the Lions from getting the high draft picks they need to build a good team. The Belchick coaching tree continues to drop duds as it seems Patricia is in over his head. I actually thought he may be the one to break the streak of busts but it's not looking promising. I wouldn't be surprised if he's fired after one season.
This is the same Matt Patricia that let the Nick Foles-led Eagles drop 41 points and 500+ yards on him in the Super Bowl. He's turning out exactly as I expected him to.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 03:03 PM   #2176
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
This is the same Matt Patricia that let the Nick Foles-led Eagles drop 41 points and 500+ yards on him in the Super Bowl. He's turning out exactly as I expected him to.
Well that offense was on a roll as they put up 38 points on the Vikings who had the best defense in the league and he was the DC for a few Super Bowl winning teams and plenty of years the Patriots make do with little in the way of big name defensive talent. I had read some stories of him and how brilliant of a mind he has, his work ethic, etc and he seemed like a guy that had to work his way up the ladder going from an engineer volunteering coaching high school football, graduate assistant in college, all the way to the NFL. It's not just me as there's been plenty written about him and his chances of being the next great coach. I know you dislike him because he was indicted (not prosecuted) on a sexual assault charge but to me that doesn't matter when talking football and I just thought he would be better prepared because of the road he took to get to where he is and supposedly how intelligent he is. He's been a disappointment to date but it must be noted a lot of great coaches didn't fare well in their first season.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 11-22-2018 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-22-2018, 03:58 PM   #2177
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dak is terrible, Stafford is from Texas, Jerry is desperate.....just saying.
Old 11-22-2018, 04:48 PM   #2178
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Dak is terrible, Stafford is from Texas, Jerry is desperate.....just saying.
I don't think Dak is terrible but he's limited. We have kind of been a little spoiled with a really good generation of QB's that's winding down. I think we are going to see a bit of a drop off once Brees, Brady, Big Ben, Rivers, etc leave the game. Lots of these new guys are only so-so.
Old 11-22-2018, 04:50 PM   #2179
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I don't think Dak is terrible but he's limited. We have kind of been a little spoiled with a really good generation of QB's that's winding down. I think we are going to see a bit of a drop off once Brees, Brady, Big Ben, Rivers, etc leave the game. Lots of these new guys are only so-so.
No he's terrible. He's got a weak arm, poor pocket awareness, hangs on to the ball too long, can't throw guys open, and is a one read QB. I mean that's also your QB to be fair, so I can get defending Dak. But the Cowboys are going to have to pay a guy $25-30 million a year for checkdowns and dumpoffs. Goff and Mahomes are going to get $40 million a year if guys like Dak are making $25-30 million.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:04 PM   #2180
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
No he's terrible. He's got a weak arm, poor pocket awareness, hangs on to the ball too long, can't throw guys open, and is a one read QB. I mean that's also your QB to be fair, so I can get defending Dak. But the Cowboys are going to have to pay a guy $25-30 million a year for checkdowns and dumpoffs. Goff and Mahomes are going to get $40 million a year if guys like Dak are making $25-30 million.
LOL there are a fair bit of terrible QB's in the NFL but Dak isn't one of them. He's in the middle of the pack as he's limited but doesn't turn over the ball a lot. Kind of like Alex Smith. You make it sound like he's Nathan Peterman or Blake Bortles.

Cooper's looking pretty good isn't he? He was garbage as well right?