Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2018, 11:04 PM   #1481
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

I watched the replay. Spurs got away with murder. I don't care if one team has more possession than the other, -- Liverpool has a right to be mad, over a theft of 2 points. Kane dives. Lamela dives. Alli dives. That's bloody systemic. MP, will fit in well at the Bernabéu.

I can't believe Klopp restrained himself in commenting -- Mourinho would've been sidelined for a few weeks.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2018, 12:35 AM   #1482
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

They had a ref on after the game on Sportsnet, which was the premier league international feed he was talking with Shearer and Sherwood

Said both were pens, and the offside becomes null on the 1st when Lovren attempts to play it, which I didn't know, I thought he has to actually play it especially since he only attempted to play it because Kane was there in an offside spot?

Not sure how you can say Kane dove though, karius hits his trailing foot

Lamela is clear as day, he's not jumping either, his leg is lifting and van dijk kicks it right in the calf, I don't know how that's even a debate, the video shows clear contact

Also half hard offside? Lamela and Robertson's legs are even in that picture above, his torso might be a few inches ahead but he's also behind held by I think Lovren
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:40 AM   #1483
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Video of the ref from sky

https://streamable.com/n03nd
Old 02-05-2018, 07:01 AM   #1484
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
I watched the replay. Spurs got away with murder. I don't care if one team has more possession than the other, -- Liverpool has a right to be mad, over a theft of 2 points. Kane dives. Lamela dives. Alli dives. That's bloody systemic. MP, will fit in well at the Bernabéu.

I can't believe Klopp restrained himself in commenting -- Mourinho would've been sidelined for a few weeks.
The diving (of which 2/3 aren't dives to begin with) isn't specific to Spurs. Literally every team dives and if there is a hint of contact in the box, the offensive player drops. That's the issue.

A few weeks ago Routledge was criticized for being too honest when he had the ball in the box and Lloris hit his foot. That's the systemic issue here; if the only way to get a call is to drop, players are going to fall. But to say that is purely Spurs is just bias and ridiculous, it's just plain rampant.

Of course the other side of this is that it hurts the image of the repeat offenders. Alli was clearly fouled by Valencia this past week, and I think anywhere else, to any other player, that's a yellow card. But because of the history of Alli it went uncalled.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 07:46 AM   #1485
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did they find the sniper in the Kop who took Lamela out yet? All three are clearly dives, just varying degrees of quality in them. Lamela was definitely fouled, but not to the degree his reaction suggested. Kane's dive is mostly in frustration that the ball got away. A slight touch from Karius, but not a foul for me. Alli is a disgrace but we all know that.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:14 AM   #1486
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Did they find the sniper in the Kop who took Lamela out yet? All three are clearly dives, just varying degrees of quality in them. Lamela was definitely fouled, but not to the degree his reaction suggested. Kane's dive is mostly in frustration that the ball got away. A slight touch from Karius, but not a foul for me. Alli is a disgrace but we all know that.
Well all I know is that Karius said he caught Kane, so that's a foul. And you say right in your post that "Lamela was definitely fouled..." so that's that. Anything beyond that is just saltiness from Liverpool supporters.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:23 AM   #1487
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

It should be like the NFL, a foul plus a dive is offsetting, play on. It was was embellishment.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:43 AM   #1488
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

This bs rule where if the ref sees it then no further action needs to be taken needs to be changed.

A yellow card is a lesser punishment than a two game ban.

Bagor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:43 AM   #1489
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It should be like the NFL, a foul plus a dive is offsetting, play on. It was was embellishment.
Well the reality is that fouls like the one on Kane get called virtually every time. Should a professional athlete be able to keep their feet given that kind of contact? I think so. But that's not the test. The reality is that there was contact and the player went down. Frankly, it's barely relevant because the penalty was saved, and if anything that save sparked some life into Liverpool.

I have no idea who anyone could think that the kick on Lamela was not a foul. I saw the video from the vantage point of the touch judge and it's just blatant.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:01 AM   #1490
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

First penalty should have been retaken!

Spurs were robbed!

The Following User Says Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2018, 12:49 PM   #1491
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

looks like West Ham are tired of Moysey already. Granted, they have enough problems even without factoring in "Dithering Dave" ...

Quote:
David Moyes is unlikely to extend his stay at West Ham United past the end of the season – whether or not the club stay in the Premier League.

Despite the fact Moyes dragged West Ham away from the bottom three after succeeding Slaven Bilic on a six-month contract, the club are already expected to be searching for a new permanent manager in the summer.

Rafa Benitez remains a possible target with his Newcastle United future seemingly dependent on whether or not Amanda Staveley’s takeover bid is successful, while Huddersfield Town’s David Wagner is well liked.

The fact Marco Silva is now out of work and would not cost anything in compensation to appoint would be interesting to the Hammers.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...d-season-even/
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:37 PM   #1492
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Swapping Matic for Bakayoko...whoops.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:38 PM   #1493
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Karius admitted he caught him it seems like according to slava, and if your in the air and your leg gets caught your not staying standing

Lamela is directly kicked in the calf

Old 02-05-2018, 01:42 PM   #1494
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
looks like West Ham are tired of Moysey already. Granted, they have enough problems even without factoring in "Dithering Dave" ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...d-season-even/
It's a really weird thing with him

If you told me someone else was actually in charge of Everton when he was there, and he was just the face of it, I might believe it at this point

He was always punching above his weight there, and ever since he left at multiple jobs he's been disastrous
Old 02-05-2018, 02:55 PM   #1495
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chelsea players trying to get another manager sacked
Old 02-05-2018, 03:50 PM   #1496
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really weird

Lallana In a youth/reserve game, looks like he tries to choke someone for a second

https://deadspin.com/adam-lallana-lo...mpression=true
Old 02-05-2018, 04:24 PM   #1497
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Chelsea players trying to get another manager sacked
4-1 to Watford?! What happened?
Old 02-05-2018, 04:37 PM   #1498
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
4-1 to Watford?! What happened?
they were simply the worse team, and the red card didn't help. Bakayoko produced one of the worst displays in recent PL history and was sent off after 30 minutes (harsh decision, but I guess Dean just wanted to put him out of his misery lol). Doucoure had a hell of a game, Chelseas midfield was completely dominated all game.

Signing Kante was brilliant of course, but their other decisions in midfield over the last couple of years have been baffling to say the least. The decision to replace Matic with Bakayoko is looking worse every day, and spending big money on him and Drinkwater while letting youth players like Chalobah and Loftus-Cheek go on loan and/or sign somewhere else has been questionable too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2018, 09:32 AM   #1499
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Evra reuniting with Moyes at West Ham. Sigh. Some just don't know when it's time to hang them up ... the post-United careers of Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra just make me sad.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:46 AM   #1500
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

What's particularly sad about Evra's? Two Italian doubles, a CL and Euro final?

Welcome back Paddy.