Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2014, 10:04 PM   #101
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I remember being in a car with a friend who suddenly decided driving 180 down Shaganappi was a fun idea. If it wouldn't have endangered my life even more, I would have punched him in the jaw. Instead I just yelled at him.

I think in this case it's a little bit ridiculous/insane to say Walker did or did not want to be going at that speed.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:33 AM   #102
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarywinning View Post
I don't understand driving a car at 160 km/h in this particular area of California is completely unsafe. Not only for the occupants of the vehicle but for any pedestrians in the area. Brannigan has a point that should be acknowledged. Putting others at risk at your expense is the same as drinking and driving and he was responsible for being in the situation.

Walker may have objected but was not in control of the vehicle. The vehicle has been reported difficult to control. The answer is these types of vehicles at these speeds do not belong on public streets but race tracks.
Brannigan's point is idiotic and needs to be marginalized as such. There's a difference between knowingly getting into a car with a drunk driver and getting into a car with someone who ends up getting you killed by other means. I cannot determine if you are going to drive recklessly prior to getting into a vehicle with you in the same way I can identify if you're pickled.

Plus, I have a problem with him misconstruing the incident as Walker being the driver and thus "my sympathy meter is pretty much unmoved" then upon finding out Walker wasn't driving, finding an exceptionally ######y way to justify continuing to being a dick about it.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:25 PM   #103
Brannigans Law
First Line Centre

Exp:

My point is hardly idiotic. It doesn't matter if he's the driver or not, he likely knew what was going on and was complicit with it. His Dad warned him to stop living so dangerously and taking so many stupid risks. Are we to believe he was yelling at his friend the whole time "whoa slow down! Only I can drive like this!"?.

Edited as I don't don't want to get into a petty Internet fight.
Well, deal with it. I wasn't cheering for Canada either way. Nothing worse than arrogant Canadian fans. They'd be lucky to finish 4th. Quote me on that. They have a bad team and that is why I won't be cheering for them.

Last edited by Brannigans Law; 01-06-2014 at 01:29 PM.
Brannigans Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #104
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good boy, sit down before you fall down.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:44 PM   #105
Brannigans Law
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Good boy, sit down before you fall down.
My god you're a clown.
Well, deal with it. I wasn't cheering for Canada either way. Nothing worse than arrogant Canadian fans. They'd be lucky to finish 4th. Quote me on that. They have a bad team and that is why I won't be cheering for them.
Brannigans Law is offline   Reply With Quote