Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 07:09 PM   #2561
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
What the he'll are you drivelling about? I have a really confused impression of you, as being somewhat of a right wing gun nut but conspiracy theorist at the same time? I have learned absolutely nothing from your posts, and I suggest you go back and look at your overall body of work and I think you'll agree with me. I've seen zero posts from you in the actual flames forum. The only thing that gets you typing nonsense are tragic events and politics. So depressing
Somehow managed to learn enough to pigeonhole myself as a right wing gun nut conspiracy type. So why not save yourself the aggravation and put me on ignore?

AP is reporting that a workplace dispute is being investigated as a motive. Strange that they would have pipe bombs at the ready; if true I suspect these people were an accident waiting for a place to happen.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:13 PM   #2562
jschick88
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tom Winter ‏@Tom_Winter
Multiple law enforcement sources in multiple agencies tell NBC News that one of the suspects in the San Bernardino shooting is Sayeed Farook

Tom Winter ‏@Tom_Winter
A note on the suspect. Using the best public records information that we can find the spelling may be Syed Farook.

Last edited by jschick88; 12-02-2015 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:14 PM   #2563
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Stonedbirds View Post
Somehow managed to learn enough to pigeonhole myself as a right wing gun nut conspiracy type.
Huh?
Old 12-02-2015, 07:22 PM   #2564
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ugh sorry for the rant there.. will leave it alone now
The Following User Says Thank You to calumniate For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2015, 07:24 PM   #2565
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschick88 View Post
Tom Winter ‏@Tom_Winter
Multiple law enforcement sources in multiple agencies tell NBC News that one of the suspects in the San Bernardino shooting is Sayeed Farook

Tom Winter ‏@Tom_Winter
A note on the suspect. Using the best public records information that we can find the spelling may be Syed Farook.
Shocking
Old 12-02-2015, 07:24 PM   #2566
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschick88 View Post
Tom Winter ‏@Tom_Winter
This is going to get interesting, the last time the U.S. Passed any significant gun laws was after the Black Panthers started parading around with machine guns, if this turns out to be an Islamic act two of the U.S.'s insanities will be competing for attention, love of guns and fear of Muslims.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:25 PM   #2567
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Or studying subway bombings while one happens down the street during happy fun study time in London.

School shooting training exce... studying a few miles down the road from Sandy Hook.

NORAD studying for a "planes hitting buildings" exam the same day of the big test, and being told to stand down.

Like I say, makes a guy wonder is all.
Not if you're a rational human being.

And the Sandy Hook conspiracy theorists are a particularly disgusting brand of dirt bags.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 12-02-2015 at 07:29 PM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2015, 07:28 PM   #2568
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Somehow managed to learn enough to pigeonhole myself as a right wing gun nut conspiracy type. So why not save yourself the aggravation and put me on ignore?

AP is reporting that a workplace dispute is being investigated as a motive. Strange that they would have pipe bombs at the ready; if true I suspect these people were an accident waiting for a place to happen.
This was too well thought out and they were too well armed for this to be the typical rage shooting.

If it is a work place dispute, its something that's been building for a loooong time.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:29 PM   #2569
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
This is going to get interesting, the last time the U.S. Passed any significant gun laws was after the Black Panthers started parading around with machine guns, if this turns out to be an Islamic act two of the U.S.'s insanities will be competing for attention, love of guns and fear of Muslims.
Add in if its linked to someone that's been inspired by ISIS or involved with ISIS, that the President will be forced to make a substantial retaliation.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:39 PM   #2570
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
This was too well thought out and they were too well armed for this to be the typical rage shooting.

If it is a work place dispute, its something that's been building for a loooong time.
That's exactly my point, who has pipe bombs ready to rock?

There has to be more to this than it just being a workplace dispute.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:42 PM   #2571
wittynickname
wittyusertitle

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
The people may have to rise up in a mass movement of civil disobedience, such as we saw in the 1960s.

Lay down your arms.

Actual response from the 67 year old typical Right Wing Baby Boomer that I work with? "Everyone should just carry a gun everywhere, that's the answer to this stuff." Rather than opening the gun control debate that it should, this is going to spark people going out and buying more guns and more ammo.

I mean, we're talking about a GOP that voted down a measure that would've stopped those on the Terrorism Watch List (who aren't even allowed on an airplane) from obtaining firearms. They'd rather allow potential terrorists access to legally purchased weapons than enact any kind of gun control. They're sure not going to try to stop everyday Americans from getting guns, regardless of how unfit those Americans are.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:46 PM   #2572
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
The FOP act of 86 was a large peice of legislation, I'd add to your point that the 96 assault weapons ban was also a very significant move.

Re the black panthers... Recently they were at a rally in Texas, yelling to police that they will be "creeping in the night" among other things.

Sadly I agree the social fabric of the US is on course for an absolute train wreck.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:50 PM   #2573
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can people stop acting like the GOP is the crazy party, and the Dems are the enlightened party? That bit of excess partisan is actually pretty dumb.

These things are symptomatic of massive socio-economic and political problems far beyond the scope of a political platform.
The Following User Says Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2015, 07:51 PM   #2574
HockeyIlliterate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittynickname View Post
Actual response from the 67 year old typical Right Wing Baby Boomer that I work with? "Everyone should just carry a gun everywhere, that's the answer to this stuff." Rather than opening the gun control debate that it should, this is going to spark people going out and buying more guns and more ammo.

I mean, we're talking about a GOP that voted down a measure that would've stopped those on the Terrorism Watch List (who aren't even allowed on an airplane) from obtaining firearms. They'd rather allow potential terrorists access to legally purchased weapons than enact any kind of gun control. They're sure not going to try to stop everyday Americans from getting guns, regardless of how unfit those Americans are.
1) What oversight is there in regards to who gets on the Terrorism Watch list?

As in, what keeps it from being a "political enemy list"?

2) What does "shall not be infringed" mean to you?
Old 12-02-2015, 07:52 PM   #2575
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
Can people stop acting like the GOP is the crazy party, and the Dems are the enlightened party? That bit of excess partisan is actually pretty dumb.

These things are symptomatic of massive socio-economic and political problems far beyond the scope of a political platform.
You're really incorrect here. The "pro gun" crowd is really a creation of a certain politically machine and spans all socioeconomic lines
Old 12-02-2015, 07:53 PM   #2576
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
You're really incorrect here. The "pro gun" crowd is really a creation of a certain politically machine and spans all socioeconomic lines
You are really incorrect in your assumption that the "pro-gun" crowd bears primary blame for these shoot-ups.

That's all I have to say. I am not getting into this partisan nonsense.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:57 PM   #2577
wittynickname
wittyusertitle

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyIlliterate View Post

Whoever these people are, we see fit to keep them from even boarding airplanes, but we're fine with them obtaining actual killing machines?

Quote:

What does "well regulated militia" mean to you?

The Constitution is a living document, that's why amendments have been made to it. When the 2nd Amendment was penned, it was still legal to own other human beings. Guns back then took several minutes to load for a single shot.

This is not a "well regulated militia" and the arms they're carrying aren't muskets. The world has changed. The Constitution, and thus the 2nd Amendment, should also be changed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wittynickname For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2015, 07:58 PM   #2578
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
You are really incorrect in your assumption that the "pro-gun" crowd bares primary blame for these shoot-ups.

That's all I have to say. I am not getting into this partisan nonsense.
It's bears not bares and your assertion was that politics shouldn't be in this discussion when they certainly are a large part of this discussion. Are pro gun people responsible? Partly due to forced inaction in legislation. This is a complex problem with many factors to "blame" but takes a certain amount of mental gymnastics to excuse the democrat/republican binary from the debate. The only ones who want to do that are the right because they want to blame "socioeconomic factors" or "mental health" rather than honestly face the issues at play
The Following User Says Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2015, 07:59 PM   #2579
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

It seems disingenuous to me, that gun nuts in this thread, are seemingly aghast at yet another mass shooting. The problem is guns, and the access to guns. The USA is too far gone to remove their guns, but most other civilized nations have already figured out that limiting the access people have to guns, is a pretty good way to keep these sort of terrorist activities to a minimum.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:00 PM   #2580
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyIlliterate View Post

What does "as part of a well regulated militia" mean to you?
Closed Thread