Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2015, 10:02 AM   #61
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I dunno about the traffic complaint. Travis got stuck in traffic getting to his ex-wife's place. And then they got stuck downtown retrieving Chris from the protest. Plus it took Madison (guidance counsellor Mom) the entire day (or at least afternoon) to get to the school and back. Not to mention that the one overhead night shot of LA showed complete gridlock on the main freeway that was prominent in the shot.

To each their own, I guess.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2015, 10:26 AM   #62
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_in_Canada View Post
Solid episode, really picking up the pace.
Thing I don't get is the apparent reluctance to share info, especially with the daughter?
Probably because they still haven't quite processed what they've witnessed thus far and don't want to sound crazy/admit to themselves what's going on.

Even the wife, despite having seen 1 walker already, approached her boss in the school despite displaying the same symptoms of the drug dealer guy.

People still don't realize how bad this is going to get save that one kid at the school. He seems to be the only one so far that knows s**t is about to hit the fan.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2015, 10:28 AM   #63
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

We've also seen the first glimpse into self-preservation and stripped humanity when she prevented the daughter from helping the neighbor.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:40 AM   #64
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This is the first show where I've really noticed the writers writing in aspects of technology/social media.

I thought the scene with the viral Youtube style video of the zombie, and the kids watching it in class was really neat.

The daughter seems to always be texting, or have her earbuds in. Pretty realistic of a 15 yr old girl these days.

There was a scene where it showed her phone on her desk or dresser on the home screen and I was expecting her to receive a zombie selfie pic from her BF. Seriously.
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:46 AM   #65
Hessen
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I hope we'll see more societal breakdown in the coming episodes. I don't want to see it rush into a group of people on the move. When the power goes out and fear start setting in the police will no longer be effective. There should be an increase in gangs and mass riots as we're seeing the start of now.
Hessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:58 AM   #66
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hessen View Post
I hope we'll see more societal breakdown in the coming episodes. I don't want to see it rush into a group of people on the move. When the power goes out and fear start setting in the police will no longer be effective. There should be an increase in gangs and mass riots as we're seeing the start of now.
Yep, looks like things are going to intensify relatively quickly as people start turning.

You've already got a few random zombies as evidenced by the attack on the neighbor in the suburbs and the principal in the school.

Downtown you got a mix of the rioters with the zombies.

I wonder how well known the issue is. We already saw that one cop loading up his car with water, and as others have mentioned perhaps the hospital staff know a bunch as well.
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:04 AM   #67
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubc80 View Post
I wonder how well known the issue is. We already saw that one cop loading up his car with water, and as others have mentioned perhaps the hospital staff know a bunch as well.
Emergency services absolutely know something is up. The dead homeless guy on the road all the protesters were up in arms over, when the wind blew the tarp off the corpse, he had been shot in the head. In the same scene, you see that walker stumbling towards that female cop. She shoots him twice in the chest which seems like a test shot, when that doesn't work she shoots it in the head.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:21 PM   #68
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

2 things that bugged me,
-the Mother acting dumb with the principal that turned after she had seen her kids friend turned. If she's gong to save the day, she has to be more on the ball than that.
-when they see weekend dads kid on tv and she says I know where that is, and they are able to make it to dt LA in like 15 minutes. I thought I was watching an episode of 24, with some kind of time/space travel thing going on.

Will keep watching.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:35 PM   #69
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
2 things that bugged me,
-the Mother acting dumb with the principal that turned after she had seen her kids friend turned. If she's gong to save the day, she has to be more on the ball than that.
I could see this. You have to remember that it takes place in a universe without the concept of zombies. Also, I would see how she would try to reason with the principle above some drug dealer. For her to assume that the principle had become a totally mindless cannibal would be a leap at that point.

I think it would take seeing someone you actually knew acting like a walker to really send the message home.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2015, 03:54 PM   #70
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Also, I would see how she would try to reason with the principle above some drug dealer. For her to assume that the principle had become a totally mindless cannibal would be a leap at that point.

I think it would take seeing someone you actually knew acting like a walker to really send the message home.
Two flaws with that. First- she didn't know he was a drug dealer. She thought he was his straight and narrow high school buddy.

Secondly, as mentioned above, she knew him well enough to go to his house when looking for her son.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:21 PM   #71
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Two flaws with that. First- she didn't know he was a drug dealer. She thought he was his straight and narrow high school buddy.

Secondly, as mentioned above, she knew him well enough to go to his house when looking for her son.
Either way, I think if you saw someone who you worked with everyday and they looked sick, you would try to help them. You wouldn't automatically assume they were totally mindless. Your assumption would be that they were alive, and even if suffering from some crazy madness, still a human being with some rational thoughts left.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:25 PM   #72
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I don't know if anyone watching this watched 'Humans', but the daughter characters in both are extremely similar. They even look the same, I find it distracting a little.

I am enjoying it though.
darockwilder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to darockwilder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2015, 04:44 PM   #73
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
I dunno about the traffic complaint. Travis got stuck in traffic getting to his ex-wife's place. And then they got stuck downtown retrieving Chris from the protest. Plus it took Madison (guidance counsellor Mom) the entire day (or at least afternoon) to get to the school and back. Not to mention that the one overhead night shot of LA showed complete gridlock on the main freeway that was prominent in the shot.

To each their own, I guess.
I saw the big traffic overhead shot but didn't seem like the characters had to deal with it. Kind of a meaningless complaint for this show I know. But in addition to living in LA, I have driven through 2 cities during a hurricane evacuation (NOLA and Houston) and if there is one thing you can't do, is drive around. Can take hours to go a mile or two.

Sorry for sidetracking. A TV show about people sitting in traffic would be boring. People on tv never have to use the bathroom either.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2015, 02:41 PM   #74
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

is the Johnny Depp impersonator a zombie yet?
Old 09-02-2015, 01:34 AM   #75
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post

Nope he's just crushing oxy into powder in the living room
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:01 AM   #76
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty slow 2nd episode but it looks like things pick up in the next one. I find the story so far is not very believable that a large portion of citizens would be oblivious to the plague. If a swine Flu can create widespread North American panic over a small handful of deaths in today's society I'm willing to bet the media, police, and military would be all over this extremely quickly. There would have been people all over the internet spreading video's of zombies the moment the first handful got out. I get what they are trying to achieve but it's happening a little too slow and I hope we aren't into the 4th show where people still are having birthday parties on the streets.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2015, 10:03 AM   #77
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
Not quite but he's had convulsions followed by lots of white vomit. At least playing a zombie won't be a stretch if he turns.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:59 AM   #78
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

Smartest kid in the show goes back for a three inch steak knife hope this show gets a bit better.
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:07 AM   #79
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

He went back to raid the cafeteria of it's food stockpiles; saying that the grocery stores had already been cleaned out. Asking for his knife back was just a way of saying "I told you so."
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2015, 11:28 AM   #80
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Either way, I think if you saw someone who you worked with everyday and they looked sick, you would try to help them. You wouldn't automatically assume they were totally mindless. Your assumption would be that they were alive, and even if suffering from some crazy madness, still a human being with some rational thoughts left.
Hershel was waayyy into the zombie apocalypse and was still herding overly rotting zombies in hopes of healing them. I don't think it's a stretch to think that she tried to reason with a fresh zombie corpse, not understanding that he was already dead. He only had a bite mark on his back. Looked relatively okay from the front.