Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-08-2018, 04:35 PM   #161
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
I don’t think that’s how contract laws are written. As long as they don’t keep his money, Yamer has suffered no damages, and is entirely whole.
They aren't obligated to even offer me the $25, but I think the right gesture and quality customer service would be to give me the value difference.

Toys R Us can't afford to lose any more customers at this point.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:33 PM   #162
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
They aren't obligated to even offer me the $25, but I think the right gesture and quality customer service would be to give me the value difference.

Toys R Us can't afford to lose any more customers at this point.
Not knowing the WHOLE situation, I think the $25 is fair compensation.

From a moral standpoint, it’s not like you chose them out of a lot of options, you knew it was pretty much sold out everywhere.

From a legal standpoint, Black Fridays deals are all contingent on the stock being available, and it clearly wasn’t.

$25 seems like fair compensation for getting a led a little longer. I’d probably ask for the $120 too (or ask for a comparable bundle for the same price) but I don’t know if i’d hit them with a “you’ll lose a customer” angle.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:35 AM   #163
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I had the exact same thing happen to me with my order. I just took the $25 and applied it towards some other gifts. I'm disappointed, but whatever.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:24 AM   #164
NuclearFart
First Line Centre

Exp:

I do wonder if there aren't some sort of consumer protections in place to regulate this. I had the exact same thing happen with Ugg, while a friend had it happen with The Bay.

When they cancel your discounted order under the guise of "not in stock", but then they have it immediately in stock for purchase on their online store at regular price, its clearly a dishonest practice. Ugg at least eventually honored the original cyber monday price after a lengthy phone call, but I shouldn't have to waste 45 minutes of my time on hold just to fix this BS.
NuclearFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:47 AM   #165
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Not knowing the WHOLE situation, I think the $25 is fair compensation.

From a moral standpoint, it’s not like you chose them out of a lot of options, you knew it was pretty much sold out everywhere.

From a legal standpoint, Black Fridays deals are all contingent on the stock being available, and it clearly wasn’t.

$25 seems like fair compensation for getting a led a little longer. I’d probably ask for the $120 too (or ask for a comparable bundle for the same price) but I don’t know if i’d hit them with a “you’ll lose a customer” angle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
I had the exact same thing happen to me with my order. I just took the $25 and applied it towards some other gifts. I'm disappointed, but whatever.
Yeah, I think you both are right. I think I knew deep down it was an error when it said "In Stock". Why cause some poor CSR a hassle over something like this.

Maybe I'll use the $25 to get someone a Christmas present instead.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:18 AM   #166
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Good news, guys, Leons' Black Friday sale has been held over to this week too!

I'm sure next week they will start their Boxing Day sale.

Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post: