Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2016, 06:43 PM   #1101
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman View Post
I guess a drawback to the modular design. We were 20 min early, so this is maybe why.
It's been a recurring problem, they'll get it sorted out. If they have an international flight land inboard of a domestic then they have to wait to disembark... schedules get padded in the winter to account for weather but when it's nice, stuff starts coming 30 min early and it gets messy.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2016, 08:02 PM   #1102
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
Hmm.... that is annoying. And not very environmentally friendly. I can't remember where, but when I was travelling recently, an airport had water bottle filling stations and each time you used it, it increased the number of water bottles saved from the landfill. If they wanted to keep up with airport trends, I think this one is a step in the wrong direction.
Had a connection in Chicago in September and they had this option in the international terminal. Unfortunate that our new terminal doesn't have this
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:17 PM   #1103
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CofR View Post
Had a connection in Chicago in September and they had this option in the international terminal. Unfortunate that our new terminal doesn't have this

Probably cuts into the bottled water sales. Gotta keep the shopping up...
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:44 PM   #1104
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Disgusting they don't have any water fountains and expect you to pay around $4 for a bottle.

I had a layover in Fiji a while back and was trying to find somewhere in that dump of an airport to fill up my water bottle. Finally ended up using the sink in the bathroom, took a couple sips, then realised I should not be drinking tap water from a third world airport and promptly bought bottled water.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:36 AM   #1105
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hmm.... that is annoying. And not very environmentally friendly. I can't remember where, but when I was travelling recently, an airport had water bottle filling stations and each time you used it, it increased the number of water bottles saved from the landfill. If they wanted to keep up with airport trends, I think this one is a step in the wrong direction.
SLC has these stations outside of almost every restroom.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:39 AM   #1106
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
all the strugglers looking at whiskey bottles sucked at 6am.
I would have thought you meant stragglers but strugglers works perfectly fine in this context

Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:40 AM   #1107
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteEbola View Post
From Facebook.
Is this the area with all the photos people are talking about? I don't seem to remember anything like that when travelling to the US. This looks like the new YYC Link so did they turn it into a parking garage?

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 11-07-2016 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:46 AM   #1108
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
They don't care about the environment. They only care about selling you more bottled drinks because you have no choice.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:51 AM   #1109
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Disgusting they don't have any water fountains and expect you to pay around $4 for a bottle.

I had a layover in Fiji a while back and was trying to find somewhere in that dump of an airport to fill up my water bottle. Finally ended up using the sink in the bathroom, took a couple sips, then realised I should not be drinking tap water from a third world airport and promptly bought bottled water.
Did they sell Fiji water?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2016, 09:13 AM   #1110
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteEbola View Post
From Facebook.
This picture solidifies Calgary's place as a rinkydink small town for years to come. What a genuinely stupid transport system.
HotHotHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HotHotHeat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2016, 09:18 AM   #1111
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who designed those things? Why do they need a roof? Is it raining in the new terminal?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2016, 09:42 AM   #1112
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Who designed those things? Why do they need a roof? Is it raining in the new terminal?
Some idiot saw some shiny new things to blow our taxes and airport fees on and didn't really think about usability.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:05 AM   #1113
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Is this the area with all the photos people are talking about? I don't seem to remember anything like that when travelling to the US. This looks like the new YYC Link so did they turn it into a parking garage?
Haha that's the old US Customs area. That can't be the final place for those things . . . It has to be temporary . . . I hope . . ..
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2016, 10:24 AM   #1114
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just love how they're employing 20 people to drive those things around.
HotHotHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:26 AM   #1115
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

yes, the airport finally has johnny cabs!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Old 11-07-2016, 10:34 AM   #1116
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I'm no engineer but it may be for structural reasons and would allow them to otherwise keep the weight of the vehicles down. Similar to convertible vs. regular cars.
D as in David is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:37 AM   #1117
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

No way that droopy dog tongue is structural.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 01:16 PM   #1118
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had to fly out to Saskatoon yesterday, so I went a little early to check out the pre-security area of the new terminal. It looks great and feels spacious and open. Post security, I went up to the new C "swing" gates. Nothing overly impressive, unfortunately. I'm sure that the true terminal is nicer, but those gates looked fairly average. I suppose that they are functional enough and give the airlines some flexibility with their schedules, and that's what counts.

Next, I headed to my gate: C33. That should be in the C concourse, I thought. Nope. I discovered that I actually needed to follow the signs to B concourse. Even the sign directly above the gate is still B33. Not a big deal for me personally because I was early and was exploring anyway, but I do feel that they've really botched the lettering of the gates. There are C gates on D/E (swing gates), C, and B. And the C gates on B are still all labelled B. So to go to C33, you need to either walk to the B concourse, or take the silly YYC Link thing and get off at the B station. Everything about the gate (concourse, signage, link stop, etc.) is B, yet they call it C33.

I feel for a traveler who is unfamiliar with the airport trying to make a connection. I wish that they'd just letter the gates based on their physical concourse, or drop the letters entirely. There is only one gate 33, so having C33 on B concourse is unnecessarily confusing. Call it B33 or just 33.
Jimmy Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2016, 03:22 PM   #1119
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Flying through customs in less than a minute sure was nice. Looks like we figured out with computer systems what Toronto was struggling with for at least a couple years.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 03:24 PM   #1120
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone flown to the USA before 7 am out of the new terminal yet?

When does customs open?
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
go flames go , say no to yeg , tunnel of death , yyc