Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2024, 09:20 PM   #641
timbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess nobody wants to talk about the amazing finish in the last 3 minutes and the Preds hitting the goalpost with the Van goalie pulled.

Carry on…
timbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to timbit For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2024, 09:23 PM   #642
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbit View Post
I guess nobody wants to talk about the amazing finish in the last 3 minutes and the Preds hitting the goalpost with the Van goalie pulled.

Carry on…
Brutal miss on the EN but that is why I think the next game is so important. Canucks are lucky to be up 3-1, they better not give the Preds life. The 12 shot win and then this one, series could easily be reversed. Feels this bracket is just playing for the chance to be obliterated in round 3 though.
Old 04-28-2024, 09:24 PM   #643
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
Again and again. It's the gift that keeps on giving
That's where you're wrong, bucko!

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 09:24 PM   #644
Rhett44
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Well that isn't true I don't care about Lindholm, glad the Flames didn't sign him to 9x8. It's not a win for them unless they win something though. Talk to me about wins in 2 months, or next year, or the year after when Lindholm is playing in Tampa or something.

Comparing Kuzmenko to Lindholm to assess the trade is ridiculous though...that wasn't what the trade was about and you know it you just love the drama. All you ever talk about is how the Oilers have such and easy pass and how great Lindholm is doing ect. If next round is Oilers vs. Canucks you are gonna struggle with what to be dramatic about.

Oilers easy pass to the west final or Lindholm powering the Canucks to the west final. We are only having this conversation because an NHLer missed a wide open net though, otherwise Lindholm is still a bum. Sometimes you gotta be lucky. Canucks would be luck to be 2-2 right now IMO, let alone 3-1.
I'm pretty sure it is you who loves the drama. I just recently joined the forum but have been following for years, and one of the constants I have noticed is you picking a fight with anyone who disagrees with your views.

There is a reason so many have you own the ignore list, and I really don't care to fight with someone. It was a good trade for the Flames and a good trade for the Canucks.

I am glad Lindholm is playing well.
Rhett44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 09:25 PM   #645
BigThief
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:

Carry on…
The discussion happened, pages back.
BigThief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 09:31 PM   #646
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett44 View Post
I'm pretty sure it is you who loves the drama. I just recently joined the forum but have been following for years, and one of the constants I have noticed is you picking a fight with anyone who disagrees with your views.

There is a reason so many have you own the ignore list, and I really don't care to fight with someone. It was a good trade for the Flames and a good trade for the Canucks.

I am glad Lindholm is playing well.
So many lol
1 guy

So what previously banned member are you?
Old 04-28-2024, 09:42 PM   #647
Rhett44
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Brutal miss on the EN but that is why I think the next game is so important. Canucks are lucky to be up 3-1, they better not give the Preds life. The 12 shot win and then this one, series could easily be reversed. Feels this bracket is just playing for the chance to be obliterated in round 3 though.
Maybe. But also, the winner of the Avs vs Knights/Stars will be brutally beat up and probably a grueling series.

While whoever comes out of the other bracket could very well be rested and ready to play spoiler.
Rhett44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 09:52 PM   #648
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett44 View Post
Maybe. But also, the winner of the Avs vs Knights/Stars will be brutally beat up and probably a grueling series.

While whoever comes out of the other bracket could very well be rested and ready to play spoiler.
Don't see it, Avs are on another level right now
Old 04-28-2024, 10:49 PM   #649
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Carry on…
Was watching…pretty unbelievable! Crowd looked stunned when it got tied…

I can’t imagine what the crowd was feeling when they realized they might not get another home game this season.
Old 04-29-2024, 12:17 AM   #650
カナダ人です
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Crazy comeback. Considering the Canucks had absolutely nothing going offensively for 57 minutes, then go and score 3 goals in ~4 minutes of game time is shocking.

One of the most unexpected comebacks I have ever seen.
カナダ人です is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 08:08 AM   #651
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

The first one (to make it 3-2) was a terrible defensive breakdown. The second one was just turtling and hoping the clock runs out, which is what one does with less than 30 seconds left when up 1, I don't fault them for that. The OT just looked like they were shell-shocked, they haven't given up the netfront like that in 40 games.

Perds gonna Perd.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 08:27 AM   #652
EDMONTONisNG
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Sissons is going to have nightmares of an empty net for the rest of his career. Oof.
EDMONTONisNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 09:50 AM   #653
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I havent been following, how long is Demko out for?
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 09:53 AM   #654
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nobody knows. Could be for the season. Best guesses so far are conference finals... So in other words, the season, because Van isn't winning another round like this. The bigger question is, who's next up?

https://twitter.com/user/status/1784676991666713073
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 04-29-2024 at 10:00 AM.
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2024, 10:57 AM   #655
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Nobody knows. Could be for the season. Best guesses so far are conference finals... So in other words, the season, because Van isn't winning another round like this. The bigger question is, who's next up?

https://twitter.com/user/status/1784676991666713073

Eddie is Ready!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I havent been following, how long is Demko out for?

No one knows. No one even knows what the injury is, just that it's not the same as last time and it's a unique, not often seen, injury.

I'd say to not expect him back.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 12:21 PM   #656
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I mean if they lost you guys wouldn't be here but whatever, different strokes. I don't go running to a rivals board every time they win though.
I know I don't have to address this but I will. I really enjoy the hockey talk on here for the most part. There are a number of knowledgeable fans who have good insights. Truthfully I find that banter back and forth to be really one of the best parts of this message board. I generally don't post inflammatory messages, at least anymore, and I try and keep a relatively even keel about me. I have posted here for over 20 years and have really enjoyed a lot of it.

I do get a bit tired of the posts like this though where I feel it doesn't add anything to the conversation other than to say that I shouldn't post here because I happen to like the Canucks (as well as the Oilers and the Flames mind you). I prefer to cheer for a team than against one and I don't anticipate that changing no matter what you want to think about that
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mean Mr. Mustard For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2024, 12:25 PM   #657
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
I know I don't have to address this but I will. I really enjoy the hockey talk on here for the most part. There are a number of knowledgeable fans who have good insights. Truthfully I find that banter back and forth to be really one of the best parts of this message board. I generally don't post inflammatory messages, at least anymore, and I try and keep a relatively even keel about me. I have posted here for over 20 years and have really enjoyed a lot of it.

I do get a bit tired of the posts like this though where I feel it doesn't add anything to the conversation other than to say that I shouldn't post here because I happen to like the Canucks (as well as the Oilers and the Flames mind you). I prefer to cheer for a team than against one and I don't anticipate that changing no matter what you want to think about that
How is this even possible?
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 12:26 PM   #658
cam_calderon
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I cannot comprehend why you would post on a rival team's boards. Unless perhaps you're a 15-year-old who still takes pleasure from genuine trolling attempts, stick to your own forum. This goes for all the Oilers trolls, and White Out has been pretty obnoxious lately.
Old 04-29-2024, 12:27 PM   #659
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_calderon View Post
I cannot comprehend why you would post on a rival team's boards. Unless perhaps you're a 15-year-old who still takes pleasure from genuine trolling attempts, stick to your own forum.
They are a Flames fan as well. And Oilers.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 12:27 PM   #660
cam_calderon
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
They are a Flames fan as well. And Oilers.
I can't comprehend that, either.