Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-02-2014, 03:59 PM   #1
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:
Default e-cigs

So I decided that smoking normal cigarettes had to go, but I can't seem to get over the hump of just quiting. Plus my smoking habit is ludicrously expensive.

So I went out and bought a e-go rechargeable. I researched it and liked the no tar and other impurities aspect and because I can reduce my nicotine intake through the selection of refill juices.

Does anyone have any advice or stories of success?

Or did I just make a stupid impulse purchase?
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #2
Izzle
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think you made the right choice. I made the switch in April this year and noticed a difference immediately. I liked that breathing seemed easier while still getting my nicotine fix.

I'll be honest, there has been times where I have bought a pack of smokes, but its usually an impulse bit in the middle of the night after drinking lots and after the e cig battery has died.

I think the purchase was a good decision for me and I feel it might be the right decision for you too. Congrats.
Izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:51 PM   #3
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Make sure you don't cheap out on one. I went through a few before actually buying a quality one that has lasted over a year compared to a month. Make sure you buy at least 2 1200mah sized battery's. One for use while the other is charging.

After about 2 weeks I started to breath easier. It was a weird feeling. One day I was out with the my girl friend All of a sudden It felt like my trachea expanded 3 times the size of what it was. Every breath made me dizzy . I actually just went home and slept it off the whole day. The next few days I could feel it in my chest . I could feel my chest muscle decompressing.I was starting to be able to breath deeper. After month to a month and a half my stamina had doubled. My arthritis in my hands didn't flare up as much. My circulation was returning to a non-smoker level. The biggest thing I noticed aside my breathing was my sense of smell!! Holy crap!! I grew up in a smokers house. I was around friends and other people who smoked so I never gave a second thought . Food smelled and tasted 1000% more enjoyable. You think you like your favorite dish now just wait.

Its been 2 years smoke free now. I cannot describe the difference I feel. And the amount of money I have saved. Yes I pay about 20 bucks for ejuice a 30ml bottle but it lasts roughly 2 weeks. So my habit that was costing me a minimum of 250 dollars a month and at one point over 500 as I was up to a pack or2 a day. Is down to about $40.

The first few months is hard just to stick with the ecig. You'll be tempted to light a real CIG a lot. After a while tho when the smell of a real cigarettes will make you feel absolutely like ####. I really can't believe I smelled like that the majority time. Best decision Of my life.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to combustiblefuel For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2014, 05:16 PM   #4
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sent suggested products
Kangertech Aero tank. Best tank I have tried . solid metal construction with Pyrex glass tube. Completely rebuildable. The Air flow control is excellent.
http://www.vapoursolutions.com/KANGE...ML_p_1775.html

Batteries.

Vision spinner. Has variable voltage settings. You have a wider range of ohms resictence in coils that you can use. 1.5 ohms work best with every battery but If the are not in stock then at least you can use a higher resistance coil but still get relatively the same performance.
http://www.vapoursolutions.com/VISIO...mAh_p_986.html

Evod variable voltage.
Same concept as the one above. 300 less mah. Comes in more Colours tho and is slimmer.
http://www.vapoursolutions.com/EVOD-...Ah_p_1534.html

I also use what are called mods. The are mechanical ecigs. The require no circuit boards . with the other styles I've used the small circuit boards would fry. Mods are telliscopic so you can use shorter 18350 or larger 18650 cells. They are heavier but indestructible. Last for ever because there is no circuit board. You can have an infinite amounts of batteries on hand. I use Panasonic 18650 b cells 3400mah . last around 2 to 3 days before it needs a charge.

http://www.vapoursolutions.com/MODS-...RTS_c_101.html

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 08-03-2014 at 12:58 AM.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:49 PM   #5
ExiledFlamesFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

My advice is to use the e cigarette as a bridge to quitting and not be one of those idiots that smokes these things for years. Not only does nicotine itself have adverse cardiovascular side effects, there hasn't been much research into long term inhalation exposure of propylene glycol. Breathing anything foreign into your lungs for long periods of time is risky, and there hasn't been much long term research done in regards to e cigarettes.

We only discovery lung disease after long term exposure (COPD, asbestosis, mesothelioma), and at that point you've gone too far and the damage is irreversible.
ExiledFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ExiledFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2014, 06:02 PM   #6
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ive been using one for 8 months now. The first few days sucks a bit but its much easier than simply quitting. Its not as enjoyable as smoking but its pretty close. Whenever I need more liquid I buy the next level down of nicotine, hopefully after a year I'll have weened myself off of it. Overall its much better than smoking both health wise and socially. I wish I made the switch sooner.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:48 PM   #7
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just wanted to say good luck.

I managed to quit a few years back and it was the best decision I ever made. I still regularly pat myself on the back for it (there is nothing more annoying than an ex-smoker...lol).

From what I have read, the vaporizing way of administering nicotine has fewer negative side-effects than smoking, so it could be a useful tool for helping to wean yourself off.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:32 PM   #8
Goodlad
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Honestly, if you're not looking to make a hobby of it (and spend lots of money and countless hours modding it) stick with the e-go. The parts last and are cheap. They give you decent vapor for the price and the batteries have good lives to them.
Goodlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:15 PM   #9
4oh3
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've been using an e smoke since last June haven't smoked since. Smoking esmoke still isn't good for you but a hell of a lot better than normal smokes.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:10 PM   #10
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Personally, I have invested in other vices; however, I do know that there is a one stop cape shop by my office on Macleod and glen more.........to me this seems like great news, no more running around town to different vape shops for vape related products, advice and service....more time to enjoy trips to flavour country
Old 08-02-2014, 10:54 PM   #11
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Thanks guys, great responses so far and I'm feeling better about spending the money that I did.

I did notice that it was certainly more powerful then the smokes that I usually smoke.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #12
jschick88
Franchise Player

Exp:

Where is a good place in Calgary to buy a decent e-cig? Not looking for a cheap or ones they sell at convenience stores.

Last edited by jschick88; 08-03-2014 at 07:14 PM.
jschick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jschick88 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2014, 07:39 PM   #13
kipperfan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschick88 View Post
Where is a good place in Calgary to buy a decent e-cig? Not looking for a cheap or ones they sell at convenience stores.
Maybe there are a few places in town you can get get half decent ones, but from the research I did, the best way to get a known and well reviewed product is to buy online. I went with one from Halo and can highly recommend it. I'd advise doing a bit of research online with regards to exactly which product will meet your needs and then make the purchase online - most of the decent ones (at least from what I found) appear to be made in and sold out of the US.

Fyodor Dostoevsky - The Brothers Karamazov
kipperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:56 PM   #14
MotoRacer
Scoring Winger

Exp:

There is one across from chinook in the same plaza as red lobster
MotoRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #15
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
So I decided that smoking normal cigarettes had to go...
CaptainYooh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainYooh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2014, 08:40 PM   #16
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Order from www.vapoursolutions.com there amazing. I live right across the street from them. They know there stuff. They even repair .They sell almost every product available. They have hundreds of flavors as well.

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 08-03-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:01 PM   #17
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoRacer View Post
There is one across from chinook in the same plaza as red lobster
The vape district?
Old 08-03-2014, 09:40 PM   #18
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Pretty sure smoke shops sell all kinds of vaporizers to burn "potpourri" in. I was in a smokers corner shop last year and listened to a guy ask how the e cig they sold can burn liquid "product". It was kind of funny listening to all the lingo thrown out there to avoid the word "oil".

I think they're the same thing though. You can burn oil or the e cig stuff in them.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:46 AM   #19
4oh3
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

I personally use coolvape, they just opened a store on 32nd and have a website coolvape.ca you used to order stuff on the website and pick it up at his house in Coventry hills. idk if that's changed I haven't been there in a while since I picked juice up when I was in Vancouver, but there 10ml bottles are 5-6 bucks and 30ml my favourite is cool watermelon and ice ice, the place by chinook is $ 20 a bottle for 30ml they don't make there own juice they order it from a supplier online where you can get them for $17 I can't think of the name off the top of my head, but I recommend their fun dip flavour, I'd defiantly pay 20 for it. Coolvape is the cheapest I've found in calgary and if anyone has cheaper let me know lol. Also I think no matter where you go don't buy a kit they rip you off say a kit is 70 , There usually cheap ones you can buy an atomizer for 5, a battery for 30 , and a charger for 5 , it's a lot cheaper than buying a kit and last longer in my experiences. also when I first started I wasted so much money on mods and different set ups but they always failed me I've come to realize I just want the vapour so I buy good long lasting ones now
Old 08-04-2014, 01:15 AM   #20
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Try not to take this the wrong way guys but e-cigs are for pussys, either smoke or don't smoke! walking around puffing on a vapor machine is so wrong it should be in the ##### criminal code
T@T is offline   Reply With Quote