Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2015, 02:08 PM   #1
Bean
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Ticketmaster help

I'm surprising my wife and her friend with tickets to a concert. Although I've already purchased the tickets, Ticketmaster will not print me hard copy tickets nor can I print my own as entry to the concert is granted for the credit card holder only. (Credit card corresponds to the one used to purchase and photo ID is required as well)

When I spoke to the indifferent worker at Ticketmaster, she told me that there isn't anything I can do. Although I understand why this is done, there must be some other way around this.

Does the CP brain trust have any ideas?
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 03:20 PM   #2
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

try calling TM again and if they drag their feet, ask for a supervisor.

personally i have wondered how they administer this entry "restriction"
Old 02-27-2015, 04:22 PM   #3
East Coast Flame
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

They have done this for a couple concerts now to try and prevent scalping. I remember Mumford and Sons was credit card holder only too.

My buddy got his girlfriend tickets for that, and he actually had to go down to the dome with them and swipe his card and then let his GF and her friend go in.
East Coast Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:57 PM   #4
Bean
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Flame View Post
They have done this for a couple concerts now to try and prevent scalping. I remember Mumford and Sons was credit card holder only too.

My buddy got his girlfriend tickets for that, and he actually had to go down to the dome with them and swipe his card and then let his GF and her friend go in.
I was afraid of that. Short of sending her to the concert with a 'permission slip', my credit card and a picture of me, her & the ticket confirmation details I'm not sure how I can surprise her.
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:31 PM   #5
BsFaninCGY
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I wrote a FUMING email to their customer service email a few months ago. It really was a gem - I wish I had saved it. Despite the multiple F-Bombs and request to immediately have my account deleted, I was surprised to get a response a day later asking what they could do to make me happy. Having calmed down, I politely told them 'nothing' and to delete my account.

I'd imagine an email showing your unhappiness would get similar attention. They can always do something.
BsFaninCGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:52 AM   #6
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

wrong thread
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote