Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2015, 06:42 PM   #1
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Neill Blomkamp's Secret Alien Movie - Confirmed

http://io9.com/neill-blomkamps-secre...e-f-1677082116

"Guess what? Neill Blomkamp was working on a secret Alien project that included Sigourney Weaver reuniting with Corporal Hicks, and the concept art is gorgeous. But now it's dead, or was never going to be made in the first place, and I'm just going to scream "PROMETHEUS" into a pillow all day until I pass out from lack of air."

I'm a fan of Neill Blomkamp, his first movie District 9 was really well done, and I hope the leak does something to show enough interest for FOX!

The artwork is in the link.

Last edited by To Be Quite Honest; 02-18-2015 at 07:10 PM.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:50 PM   #2
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Question is, will James Cameron or Ridley Scott let him make his dream movie.

I don't think Cameron would care outside of poaching Sigorney Weaver from the Avatar 2,3 and 4 set.

And Ridley Scott won't likely let it happen either since he's got Prometheus 2 brewing up as we speak.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:45 AM   #3
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm still holding out hope for a D9 sequel, something I felt was imminent at the time, after seeing the first one. Going on over 5 years now since it came out
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:29 AM   #4
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
The Question is, will James Cameron or Ridley Scott let him make his dream movie.

I don't think Cameron would care outside of poaching Sigorney Weaver from the Avatar 2,3 and 4 set.

And Ridley Scott won't likely let it happen either since he's got Prometheus 2 brewing up as we speak.
It doesn't really get in the way of Prometheus 2 as it is on a different timeline and the release would be after P2 anyway. I don't believe there would be any hold up except pride which is why FOX can play a special role in pushing the movie forward, and really, Scott would be an Executive Producer on it anyway no matter what.

Avatar... What a waste. I still remember laughing in the theater when I saw it the first and only time. Amazing visuals! ...
Old 02-18-2015, 07:10 PM   #5
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Confirmed

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/ne...mp-1201436551/

20th Century Fox has closed a deal with director Neill Blomkamp to develop a new “Alien” movie, sources confirm.
The untitled sci-fi project is separate from “Prometheus 2,” which Fox is still making with Ridley Scott.
Blomkamp, who directed “District 9″ and the upcoming Sony feature “Chappie,” had been teasing the project in recent months but said the extra-terrestrial reboot was likely abandoned. It was supposed to star “Alien” veteran Sigourney Weaver.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:56 AM   #6
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
Old 02-19-2015, 12:56 PM   #7
-TC-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Blomkamp, Scott, Alien..... I am so in.

-TC- is offline   Reply With Quote