Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2015, 03:06 AM   #1
remember2004
Backup Goalie

Exp:
Default AYCE: Good/Bad All You Can Eat restaurants In Calgary

So recently I went to a relatively new all you can eat sushi place that just opened and that inspired me to make this thread. I'm trying to find the best all you can eat restaurants in the Calgary area regardless of what cuisine of food it is, I'm not picky. Post all your recommendations and even the ones you don't recommend. *** In no way I'm I associated with any of these restaurants**

Chinese:

3. Regency Palace- Hot pot is good their buffet is sub par.

1.Toi San- It's located by Westhills and only has lunch buffet. It only has about 8-10 items or so but its by far the best chinese buffet I have had in Calgary.

2. Yangtze- After the relocation it was the same old crap as before. Nothing special.

Indian:

Namskar on 16th, I really liked their food for lunch buffet.

Taj Mahal- Haven't been here in a while, but ever since they changed owners food changed not a big fan of it. Might give it another chance this month.

Korean:

2.Insadong in the NE across from Pacific place is a good all you can Korean BBQ

1.Seoul Korean BBQ on Macleod is also good as well, haven't been to an AYCE Korean bbq that I was disappointed.

Sushi:

4. Sushi Ichiban- I've only been to the one on Macleod.. Do not reccomend

3. Macleod Trail sushi/BBQ- I've been going to this place for a while now but their food is getting worst and worst each time.

2. One Sushi- Across the street from Macleod trail sushi/BBQ. I've been here a few times and sushi is okay nothing special really. Quality is on par with its competitors across the street.

1. Fusion Sushi- I think it opened about 5 months ago or so and I recently went there and it blew my mind for how good it was for an AYCE. This is definitely my go to spot for AYCE sushi now.

Then there's the grey eagle buffet which is a hit or miss depending on which night you go. I only go Wednesday (Asian) or Thursday(seafood) and thats it. Both are mediocre not much selection unless its dessert.

What places have you guys been to?
remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:48 AM   #2
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...t=buffet+uncle
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:04 PM   #3
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by remember2004 View Post
Sushi:

2. One Sushi- Across the street from Macleod trail sushi/BBQ. I've been here a few times and sushi is okay nothing special really. Quality is on par with its competitors across the street.
I don't recommend going to AYCE sushi and sushi is one cusine you either eat the best or shouldn't be eating at all.

Been to One Sushi once due to a gathering and won't recommend it. The ipad menu is cute that's all.
darklord700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:08 PM   #4
Gord_Wappel
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Sushi BBQ House on 16th NW across from SAIT is ok. Sushi isnt great but with the combination of the Korean BBQ and kitchen items it is better than most IMO.

There was a place in Chinook Mall (ouside entrance on the NE side that used to be really good but im pretty sure is gone now.

If you ever find yourself in Red Deer on the weekend, Shiso has an all you can eat on Sat and Sun only that is miles better than anything i have had in Calgary. I have even gone as far to make the trip just for that reason.

I have to say i pretty much agree with the rest of your list.
Gord_Wappel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:36 PM   #5
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
I don't recommend going to AYCE sushi and sushi is one cusine you either eat the best or shouldn't be eating at all.

Been to One Sushi once due to a gathering and won't recommend it. The ipad menu is cute that's all.
Disagree. Sometimes I just want to stuff copious amounts of terrible fish and rice into my mouth. Given that it's rare to find quality stuff in Alberta, I don't mind the quality for quantity trade off now and then.

I see there is a Fusion Sushi in Kensington and another by McKnight? Also what's the pricing for the location offering AYCE?
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:41 PM   #6
remember2004
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
Disagree. Sometimes I just want to stuff copious amounts of terrible fish and rice into my mouth. Given that it's rare to find quality stuff in Alberta, I don't mind the quality for quantity trade off now and then.

I see there is a Fusion Sushi in Kensington and another by McKnight? Also what's the pricing for the location offering AYCE?
The Fusion sushi I went too on Mcknight was $28 from Friday-Sunday not sure what the weekday price is. Yeah I agree, if I want good quality I would go Sushi Bar zipang or something etc When I usually go to non AYCE places I spend about $35 before tip...
remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote