Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2019, 12:44 AM   #381
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Stamps are the Patriots of the CFL
Stamps win their division almost every year against the best CFL teams in the league as the East is junk. Patriots play in the worst division in the NFL and really only have to coast to a division title every year. I give them a lot of props for getting it done year after year but don't kid yourself they have been very fortunate to play in a division where two teams are bad every year and the 3rd team is mediocre.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2019, 12:52 AM   #382
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
Lot of empty seats too in that new stadium. Rider fans sure like to point that out at other stadiums.
How can this be, all we ever here is what great fans they are? LOL. Calgary was ripe for the picking with the 2nd string QB and all the injuries and loss of players and they still crush the riders, in spite of the fact that the great Fajoro was starting.
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dirk diggler For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2019, 12:56 AM   #383
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Kudos to the whole effort tonight. Especially the OL for giving arbuckle time and opening lanes for the running game. Really impressed with Arbuckle and Carey on offence. Very unexpected. One of the more satisfying regular season wins in a while.
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 01:29 AM   #384
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I do feel a little bad for Craig Dickenson as he's going to get lambasted this week in that market as it was very obvious that his brother badly out-coached him tonight.
Don’t be.

He knew what he signed up for and it’s clear that he’s in way over his head as HC

No doubt he was promoted based off of his brother’s merits
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2019, 05:43 AM   #385
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
Don’t be.

He knew what he signed up for and it’s clear that he’s in way over his head as HC

No doubt he was promoted based off of his brother’s merits
Or it could be his previous 17 seasons of CFL experience.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:32 AM   #386
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Danny Austin
@DannyAustin_9
·
7h

Terry Williams didn't need to say much about Tre Roberson, but he kind of said it all.

"That dude is a problem. Damn, that boy is a problem."
Old 07-07-2019, 09:32 AM   #387
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only problem with Roberson balling out like this is that he's probably going to be on an NFL roster this time next year. He's a 6 foot tall, 26 year old CB whose vision is on another level right now as these aren't lucky interceptions as he's anticipating these throws and is unlucky not to have more interceptions. I imagine a few NFL teams are taking a good look at this guy as he looks special.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:43 AM   #388
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
The only problem with Roberson balling out like this is that he's probably going to be on an NFL roster this time next year. He's a 6 foot tall, 26 year old CB whose vision is on another level right now as these aren't lucky interceptions as he's anticipating these throws and is unlucky not to have more interceptions. I imagine a few NFL teams are taking a good look at this guy as he looks special.
While it is tough to constantly lose good roster players to the nfl I would also like to think that the stampeders have become known as a good organization that finds and develops players who then get seriously considered by nfl teams. That will ensure young talented guys line up to play here, even if its just for a few seasons.
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:47 AM   #389
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Arbuckle is gonna end up as the Atlantic Schooners QB through the expansion draft. Maybe Huff decides he can get something back for him before we lose him for nothing at that time.
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:59 AM   #390
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah the CFL expansion draft wouldn’t be very high on my list of concerns.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 11:03 AM   #391
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Yeah the CFL expansion draft wouldn’t be very high on my list of concerns.
Its not high on my list either, but I hope Huff and DD have asset management on their minds as the date draws closer.
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 11:11 AM   #392
Dube
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyZ View Post
Arbuckle is gonna end up as the Atlantic Schooners QB through the expansion draft. Maybe Huff decides he can get something back for him before we lose him for nothing at that time.
Let’s see how the next string of games play out. If Arbuckle shines it might be Bo who goes
Dube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dube For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2019, 11:13 AM   #393
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yah if, and it's a big if, arbuckle plays well this next 6 games I can see BLM going to Toronto or Montreal.

Can't wait for August 8th.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2019, 03:35 PM   #394
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Yeah, but all of those were as STC except one or two as an RB coach. He was never an offensive or defensive coordinator. That's a bit odd, to say the least.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:56 PM   #395
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Love him or hate him, Chris Jones gets players to play for him. People were worried about the loss of Devove Claybrooks, but all of the defensive assistant coaches are in place for Calgary and it looks like they are starting to buy in to what the coaches are selling. It's tough to replace a guy who commands the locker room like Chris Jones and where you know there's no doubt who is in charge.
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 10:06 PM   #396
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
And at 1-3, it’s working great for the Riders so far

Keep the headset on during the game, Craig
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 06:31 AM   #397
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
Love him or hate him, Chris Jones gets players to play for him. People were worried about the loss of Devove Claybrooks, but all of the defensive assistant coaches are in place for Calgary and it looks like they are starting to buy in to what the coaches are selling. It's tough to replace a guy who commands the locker room like Chris Jones and where you know there's no doubt who is in charge.
Monson ran the defense when Claybrooks was in the hospital and according to Dave was running a lot of practices so outside of maybe a few personal differences in how they like to call a game I don't think the philosophy and coaching hasn't changed much. Jones is a really good defensive coordinator and that's what they miss in Regina. That said a lot of the good fortune on defense they had last season was unsustainable so it's not surprising that without the timely turnovers the Riders are struggling more as the offense was never very good under Jones and that hasn't changed.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:42 AM   #398
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

New ticketing options available in Edmonton to make games more accessible. Love the concept of admission being free for people under 17.

Quote:
The Edmonton Eskimos are attempting to make football more accessible by introducing two new ticket options for general admission and kids under 17.

On Monday, the club introduced the Empire North Pass — a $22 general admission pass that will allow fans to stand in the area behind the north end zone, under the scoreboard on the benches that were previously covered by sponsorship banners.

If the pass is purchased on game day, it increases to $25.

For the months of July and August, all kids under the age of 17 will also be able to get in for free. Those tickets will be available in the Brickley’s Knothole Section and bronze seating sections.

Kids under 12 will also get a free pass for the Eskimos Kids Club, allowing them to go on the field after every home game for an autograph session with the players.
https://globalnews.ca/news/5471189/e...ticket-prices/
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2019, 08:05 AM   #399
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Stamps win their division almost every year against the best CFL teams in the league as the East is junk. Patriots play in the worst division in the NFL and really only have to coast to a division title every year. I give them a lot of props for getting it done year after year but don't kid yourself they have been very fortunate to play in a division where two teams are bad every year and the 3rd team is mediocre.
The Pats have a better record against the rest of the NFL than anyone else.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pat...tside-afc-east

Last edited by troutman; 07-09-2019 at 09:00 AM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:53 AM   #400
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
There you go again with your innaccurate statement - again I will remind you, the Pats have a better record against the rest of the NFL than they do against the AFC East.
What's inaccurate about what I said about the AFC East being the worst division in the NFL during the Belichick era? The Pats record against the rest of the league is immaterial in a discussion revolving solely around the AFC East. Prove me wrong. Do it! Show me other divisions where three teams have poorer winning percentages than the Jets, Dolphins, Bills going back to early last decade. You can't. Can you disprove the fact that the most successful non-Patriots starting QB's in the AFC East during the Belichick era are Mark Sanchez and Chad Pennington as the only two to make repeated playoff appearances? In 18 years as Brady being a starter in the AFC East there have been three non-Brady QB's to make the pro bowl (Bledsoe for Buffalo in 03, Favre Jets in 08, and Tyrod Taylor as an alternate for Buffalo). That's the best of the best divisional QB opposition in 18 years!!!!

I suggest you accept this is one argument you can't win because I can bring in more accuracies which will only make it look even worse.