Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2019, 10:57 AM   #61
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

You guys should meet at Jerusalem Shawarma and hug and make up.
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Looch City For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 11:09 AM   #62
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy City View Post
Best chicken shawarma meat in the city.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:28 AM   #63
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy City View Post
that is a gateway to wife swapping at chicken on the way
Old 06-14-2019, 11:40 AM   #64
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
A badge I will proudly wear.

If you look back I did not refer to any posters - my comment was general.

But I will happily meet you in the back alley and at the time of your choice to settle this one and for all.
Are we going to have a measured debate on Zionist right to land based on God's will?

Or are you going to try to be an internet tough guy because the world (and most Jews) disagree that God gives you a divine right to murder brown children because there might be bad mans hiding in their schools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:42 AM   #65
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
This thread is pretty embarrassing. There's pizzagate level conspiracy thinking going on in here. Just wait for the facts to come out and stop spinning fanciful narratives that just happen to align with what you want to believe.
Yep, until you have proof there's cyanide in it best to keep drinking the Kool Aid
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:57 AM   #66
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
This thread is pretty embarrassing. There's pizzagate level conspiracy thinking going on in here. Just wait for the facts to come out and stop spinning fanciful narratives that just happen to align with what you want to believe.
It took over 40 years for the real facts about the Gulf of Tonkin to come out. What makes you think any real facts about this incident will be arriving soon?

And whose ‘facts’ are you going to trust? The Saudi’s? Iran’s? Netanyahu’s? Trump’s? None of these sources fill me with any confidence.

Regardless of what actually happened, a lot of different groups are going to try to take political advantage of it.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 12:14 PM   #67
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Are we going to have a measured debate on Zionist right to land based on God's will?

Or are you going to try to be an internet tough guy because the world (and most Jews) disagree that God gives you a divine right to murder brown children because there might be bad mans hiding in their schools?
That's way over the top and you know it.

I am of course open to a reasoned dialogue.

And I am not religious, believe in a two-state solution with free trade, think that many of the problems with the claim to a "greater Israel" stem not from local Israelis (who want peace and security) but from transplanted Brooklyn zealots.

I honestly believe the region would look so much different today had Yitzhak Rabin not been assassinated.

Last edited by Manhattanboy; 06-14-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manhattanboy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 12:46 PM   #68
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
US releases video of possibly Iranian Revolutionary Guard Members removing a mine from a damaged Japanese Tanker.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-48633016

Now, just playing Devils advocate, but why wouldn't the Iranians say, in the course of trying to lend aid we saw this mine and disarmed it.

Like I said I could get aboard the idea of Saudi Arabia doing something like this. Neither government is what I would call rational at all.

I would be interested to see if they tracked the boat from the video and where it went.
More details emerging from the attack from the president of the oil tanker company, sailors claimed to have seen flying objects that caused the damage, upon inspecting the damage following the attack on their tanker found all the damage was above water, which supports a missile attack. This directly contradicts the White House accounts of this being caused by Iranian mines, which would have caused substantial below water line damage.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/oil-tan...ay-2019-06-14/
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:57 PM   #69
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

That would be more damning of the Iranians then less damning of the Iranians as they had their naval vessels in the area.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 02:44 PM   #70
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Gulf of Oman tanker attacks: Trump dismisses Iran denials
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-48643313

Quote:
What did Trump say?
Speaking to Fox News, he said Iran "did do it".

"I guess one of the mines didn't explode and it's probably got essentially Iran written all over it. And you saw the boat at night trying to take the mine off and successfully took the mine off the boat, and that was exposed," he said.
Hahah, I really wonder if he has everything ELI5'd to him at the Oval office...His reasoning is certainty akin to that of a child.
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 03:00 PM   #71
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephoen View Post
It took over 40 years for the real facts about the Gulf of Tonkin to come out. What makes you think any real facts about this incident will be arriving soon?

And whose ‘facts’ are you going to trust? The Saudi’s? Iran’s? Netanyahu’s? Trump’s? None of these sources fill me with any confidence.

Regardless of what actually happened, a lot of different groups are going to try to take political advantage of it.
Maybe he means these kind of 'facts'
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 03:14 PM   #72
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Obviously Iran is to blame. They may not have deliberately targeted these particular vessels, but you don't boogie to the scene of a crime to remove the evidence (unexploded mine) that would incriminate you unless you're guilty.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 03:26 PM   #73
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any CP brawls will be held at the bike racks, not the back alley.
Remember no hitting in the face.
Jeepers.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 03:35 PM   #74
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
Obviously Iran is to blame. They may not have deliberately targeted these particular vessels, but you don't boogie to the scene of a crime to remove the evidence (unexploded mine) that would incriminate you unless you're guilty.
That’s why we need some proof. We simply don’t have enough facts to know who did what.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:13 PM   #75
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

Colin Powell speaking 16 years ago is all the evidence I need to say that the Jews did this.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:19 PM   #76
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Iran sent ships to help evacuate the crew on damaged (and on fire) tankers.

Quote:
Iran said on Friday it had dispatched experts to one oil tanker from which it rescued crew members from a fire caused by an attack to see whether they could now return to the vessel.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKCN1TF1D1

We don't need no stinkin' evidence! Guilty!

Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 06-14-2019 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:20 PM   #77
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

They did indeed take the sailors aboard from one of the tankers. But that is totally separate from the Revolutionary Guard patrol boat video'd removing a limpet mine from the other tankers and then getting the he7l out of dodge.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:45 PM   #78
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
They did indeed take the sailors aboard from one of the tankers. But that is totally separate from the Revolutionary Guard patrol boat video'd removing a limpet mine from the other tankers and then getting the he7l out of dodge.
Honest question.....is there proof of this? I mean beside the grainy video? Do we know for sure who it was and I just missed it?
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 09:38 PM   #79
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That's odd because the video of the patrol boat removing the mine is also overflowing with passengers, I have seen whale watching boats in July with less bodies on, sure looks like it was evacuating crew members, unless of course Iranian special forces need like 20 guys sitting around on their patrol boats watching the one guy doing something.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:00 PM   #80
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

This mess is all likely due to this:
Quote:
Xi Jinping spoke about Russia as a strategic partner of China and spoke about working together towards "sustainable development" and "renewable energy".

Xi also spoke about digital innovation stating that China was ready to "share with all partners the technological inventions and know how, in particular, the 5G technology".
https://www.euronews.com/2019/06/07/...economic-forum

Quote:
Iran's strategic location renders it a vital component in the BRI's global framework. As Shahbeig put it, "Iran is located in the central part of the Middle East, as a bridge between China and Europe. It is located in a place which can connect the north and south corridor, and also the west and east corridor."
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/20190...5c34e6912.html

The US does not want the belt and road plus Eurasian integration. Iran is the weakest node.