Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2018, 08:56 PM   #41
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckFather View Post
Statistically yes, but Flames need to go on a crazy run to have a chance. All the points wasted in home games have come back to haunt us now.
I'm well aware of how unlikely it is. I was just going thru scenarios and how the schedule plays out over the next couple of days and was amaZed there was even a scenario where the Flames are still kind of in the mix this week.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:06 PM   #42
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
Ducks are going to go to Pacific 3 with a win tonight and yes, would be 6 points up. The pacific spots will be well out of reach. But I'm talking about the final wild card spot.

LA is going to fall into WC2 after the Ducks win tonight.

No, it's not likely but it's still a scenario that if it plays out would mean the Flamws are two points out on Wednesday. That's not opinion, it's fact.

As unlikely as it seems I hope to **** the Flames are still thinking they need to play and find a way to win some games.

I'm usually pretty positive/optimistic but last two games was a kick to the hopes for sure, but I'm just a fan. Hope the team full of professionals still has the desire to make it happen.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:15 PM   #43
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
you know what's messed up. There's a very real scenario where the Flames are only two points back of the playoff bar heading into action Wednesday.

Flames beat Arizona tomorrow.

LA loses in Minneaota and Winnipeg Monday and Tuesday.
Dallas loses in Washington Tuesday.

Those are all very possible outcomes. None of those results would be considered an upset.

All that would mean WC2 would be LA on 84, Dallas on 84 and Calgary on 82. St. Louis would have 83 with two in hand going into their game with Boston on Wednesday.

As much as it seems it's completely dead and it's all but, there's still a sliver of an opening.
The Flames will lose tomorrow and ease your burden of having to be the spring of optimism on CP and you can join the rest of us.
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:31 PM   #44
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
The Flames will lose tomorrow and ease your burden of having to be the spring of optimism on CP and you can join the rest of us.
The last thing I am is optimistic about the flames chances right now.

Just pointing out the scenario is all.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:20 AM   #45
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
With that win over Dallas, that really should lock in 2nd for the Jets, with no chance of catching Nashville tho. Just a matter of waiting to see who the 1st round match up is now and try and stay healthy. I didn't expect the Stars to implode like this, but, here we are.
Yep, the Jets are stuck in the middle of nowhere in the standings. They're 7 points up on the Wild and I don't think Minnesota can catch them. The Predators have an 8 point lead on your Jets for 1st in the div, conf, and overall.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:33 AM   #46
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Final scores
http://sportsstats.cbc.ca/news/NHL-Preview-Roundups.aspx?date=03-18-2018
http://scores.nbcsports.com/nhl/scor...p?day=20180318

The good was the Jets defeating the Stars and that was it.

The bad had everybody else winning in the western conf. The Blues amazing OT win had Dunn and Pietrangelo each getting 4 points. Debrincat gets a hattrick for the Bhawks in a losing cause.

Landeskog and McKinnon with 3 points each in the Avs win, Detroit stinks really bad!

The Devils only had 17 shots to the Ducks 36, Anaheim won and overtake the Kings in the Pacific Division.

The Capitals are not looking good, they lost to the Flyers. Grubauer was in net for the Caps.

The Lightning beat the Oilers puts Tampa Bay up 4 points on the Bruins.

Last edited by Tsawwassen; 03-19-2018 at 04:54 AM.
Tsawwassen is offline   Reply With Quote