Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2017, 10:45 PM   #701
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSome View Post
Glen Suitor on drugs or something? Praising Kyries Hebert as a player and he said he would love to be his teammates because he is physical and play fair. Hebert is the dirtiest player in the CFL and as far as I am concern shouldn't even be playing in the league anymore. Obviously Suitor is confusing Hebert from another player.
You should tweet Glen Suitor and remind him of that dirty hit by Hebert on Jon Cornish that for all intents and purposes ended Jon's career.
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 02:28 PM   #702
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Adams tripped himself. Mind boggling pass inference call. Jones should have challenged that.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 02:43 PM   #703
The Familia
First Line Centre

Exp:

Probably the coolest punt return fake I have ever seen. When they broke that down in slow motion it was very cool to see. Everyone including the camera man and the entire Riders team thought the ball was going deep right to the returner when in fact it was going left and a bomber player dropped back to pick it up.
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
The Familia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Familia For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2017, 03:04 PM   #704
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

LOL. That is a flag? 15 yard penalty for tackling?

Old 09-09-2017, 03:26 PM   #705
OminousFlames
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Familia View Post
Probably the coolest punt return fake I have ever seen. When they broke that down in slow motion it was very cool to see. Everyone including the camera man and the entire Riders team thought the ball was going deep right to the returner when in fact it was going left and a bomber player dropped back to pick it up.
I agree.. I was watching it.. and was like wtf is that guy jooking so much for.. of course the camera man fooled me too. That type of play would be added in every teams play book now.
OminousFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 04:08 PM   #706
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I guess they can cancel the Grey Cup Parade in Regina.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 05:17 PM   #707
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Ti Cats are just punking Ottawa thus far.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:18 PM   #708
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nice to see the bombers win the banjo bowl and the season series
Old 09-09-2017, 05:54 PM   #709
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Drew Tate is in for the REDBLACKS as Harris has injured his throwing shoulder.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:34 PM   #710
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Ti Cats are just punking Ottawa thus far.
Of course.. I picked Ottawa to win that's why. Every time I picked them to win, they sucked and lose. When I don't pick them they play well and win.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:15 AM   #711
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's Drew Tate's team for the next little while...

Don Brennan@SunDoniB
#Redblacks coach Rick Campbell tells TSN1200 QB Trevor Harris' throwing shoulder injury is a "bruising" that will likely sideline him"weeks"
Old 09-11-2017, 01:02 PM   #712
old-fart
Franchise Player

Exp:

I see Sask fans are whining about the reffing again. In other shocking news, they are still in the basement in the west and have only won 4 Cups in over 100 years.

Nice to see Jones called out for having his players fake injuries like it is soccer. Low class jackass if ever there was one has found a home in the capital of low class jackasses.
old-fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:06 PM   #713
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

When you lose by 20 points, reffing has very little to do with the loss

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:20 PM   #714
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-fart View Post
I see Sask fans are whining about the reffing again. In other shocking news, they are still in the basement in the west and have only won 4 Cups in over 100 years.

Nice to see Jones called out for having his players fake injuries like it is soccer. Low class jackass if ever there was one has found a home in the capital of low class jackasses.
That is straight out of their playbook which consists of:

1) Reffing
2) How the team that beat them doesn't sell out so they should be embarrassed. Fans aren't half as good as theirs.
3) Complain about some supposed atrocity visiting Rider fans were subjected to and how that city is so classless, completing ignoring that Regina is the least friendly visiting team destination in the league.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:30 PM   #715
Red Potato Standing By
Scoring Winger

Exp:

All fan's complain about the reffing. Heck some fans believe there is a conspiracy by the league to help the riders win even though they only have four cups in a hundred years.
Red Potato Standing By is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:44 AM   #716
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
That is straight out of their playbook which consists of:

1) Reffing
2) How the team that beat them doesn't sell out so they should be embarrassed. Fans aren't half as good as theirs.
3) Complain about some supposed atrocity visiting Rider fans were subjected to and how that city is so classless, completing ignoring that Regina is the least friendly visiting team destination in the league.
To be fair, I have visited Taylor Field for a game at the peak of the Stamps / Riders rivalry (when Sask would actually win a game here or there). Their fans were very welcoming and friendly. Most of them were legitimately impressed that people from opposing cities not named Winnipeg would actually visit Regina for a game. We left with the impression that the Rider fans we all hate seem to be the ones found at road stadiums.
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy89 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2017, 10:50 AM   #717
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zethrynn View Post
All fan's complain about the reffing. Heck some fans believe there is a conspiracy by the league to help the riders win even though they only have four cups in a hundred years.
So true. In the bathrooms in Edmonton following the Labour day rematch there were numerous fans telling me about how the refs won the Stamps the game. I reminded them of the irony of "Campbell Football League" fans complaining about the reffing and that maybe CJ Gable could be picked up from the Ti-Cats by Edmonton for a player to be named next season.
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy89 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2017, 01:50 AM   #718
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy89 View Post
To be fair, I have visited Taylor Field for a game at the peak of the Stamps / Riders rivalry (when Sask would actually win a game here or there). Their fans were very welcoming and friendly. Most of them were legitimately impressed that people from opposing cities not named Winnipeg would actually visit Regina for a game. We left with the impression that the Rider fans we all hate seem to be the ones found at road stadiums.
At old Taylor, it depended where you sat. One side was brutal. Never been to the new one though.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:34 AM   #719
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy89 View Post
Talk tho visiting team players about the fans in the section behind the visitors bench, and even rival fans that sat in the area, the terms welcoming and friendly didn't come to mind. And it wasn't even good natured heckling. It was vicious and personal and lots of objects were thrown at the bench.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:49 AM   #720
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Amazing how Kavis keeps surviving with the garbage hes assembled and the stupid roster decisions of letting guys like Green and Woods go. The Als are a big time mess.

TSNDaveNaylor:
Quote:
Confirmed: Montreal Alouettes fire head coach Jacques Chapdelaine and defensive co-ordinator Noel Thorpe. #CFL
Quote:
So GM Kavis Reed takes over as interim head coach, DL coach Greg Quick will call D plays. No mention of Rich Stubler in Als announcement.

The Following User Says Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post: