Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2016, 04:19 PM   #41
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here's the roster for training camp as of June 19th: * denotes to National

Quarterback:
#4 Drew Tate, #15 Andrew Buckley*, #19 Bo Levi Mitchell

Offensive Line:
#50 Spencer Wilson*, #53 Brad Erdos*, #57 Karl Lavoie*, #59 Randy Richards, #60 Shane Bergman*, #63 Pierre Lavertu*, #64 Derek Dennis, #65 Dan Federkeil*, #68 Roman Grozman*, #58 Cam Thorn*

Running Back:
#14 Roy Finch, #23 William Langlais*, #26 Rob Cote*, #33 Jerome Messam*, #34 Tory Harrison, #46 Charlie Power*

Receivers:
#1 Lamar Durant*, #16 Marquay McDaniel, #81 Bakari Grant, #83 Juwan Brescacin*, #85 Joe West, #86 Anthony Parker*, #87 Simon Charbonneau-Campeau*.

Defensive Line:
#7 Junior Turner*, #39 Charleston Hughes, #44 Ben D'Aguilar*, #69 Ja’Gared Davis, #90 Quinn Smith*, #93 Micah Johnson, #94 Frank Beltre, #97 Derek Wiggan*, #98 Brandon Boudreaux.

Linebackers:
#3 Taylor Reed, #36 Glenn Love, #37 Maleki Harris, #42 Deron Mayo, #49 Alex Singleton*

Defensive Backs:
#0 Ciante Evans, #2 Adam Thibault, #8 Fred Bennett, #11 Joshua Bell, #21 Adam Berger*, #24 Joe Burnett, #27 Jeff Hecht*, #28 Brandon Smith, #29 Jamar Wall, #51 Tommie Campbell.

Special Team:
#6 Rob Maver*(P), #30 Rene Paredes*(K), #71 Pierre-Luc Caron*(LS), #14 Roy Finch is also the returner as well as a backup RB.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OzSome For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2016, 05:00 PM   #42
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Really bummed about the Seastrunk release. Had high hopes for him this year
Wouldn't suprise me to see him end up in Saskatchewan. Murphy was the one that added him orginally to the negotiation list when he was in Calgary orginally. Murphy was very high on him, too.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:38 PM   #43
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh good, that makes me feel much sicker about it..
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:47 PM   #44
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds like Kinne that was recently released is on his was to Regina for one of the vacant QB positions they have.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:57 PM   #45
Major Happy
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Did Wilson disappoint during the pre-season, unfortunately wasnt able to pay much attention, but I liked what I saw from him last year.
Major Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:54 PM   #46
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Sounds like Kinne that was recently released is on his was to Regina for one of the vacant QB positions they have.
Wow, no surprise here! I knew the minute the Stamps released GJ Kinne, John Murphy will be all over him. He is the one who recruited this guy and the Riders needed a new QB. Riders seems to be picking off Stampeders scrap lately. I am sure the Stamps would have love to hide Kinne on practice roster if they could but there just doesn't have any space for him. Too bad I would have love to see what this guy can do.

Quote:
Did Wilson disappoint during the pre-season, unfortunately wasn't able to pay much attention, but I liked what I saw from him last year.
I thought Greg Wilson had a good camp and actually rooting for him. Unfortunately Jordan had a better camp than him. Don't be surprise to see Wilson suit up for a game or more during the season. DD mentioned that he might still change his roster up until game 6.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:32 AM   #47
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Tavaris Barnes the negotiation list player acquired in the Brandon McDonald trade

Quote:
On final CFL cut down day across Canada, Calgary sent defensive back Brandon McDonald to Saskatchewan for a negotiation list player.

That turned out to be defensive lineman Tavaris Barnes. The Clemson product recorded 13 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, three sacks, one forced fumble and recovered one fumble for a touchdown during his senior year with the Tigers in 2014.

Barnes went unselected in the 2015 NFL Draft, but inked a free agent deal with New Orleans. He made the 53-man roster out of training camp and played in 12 games recording five tackles for the Saints last season.

In April, New Orleans let Barnes go, but less than a week later Seattle signed the six-foot-four, 282-pounder whose CFL rights now reside with the Stampeders.
http://3downnation.com/2016/06/22/wh...ndon-mcdonald/

Old 06-22-2016, 11:36 AM   #48
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

ScottMitchellPM:
I can confirm @scratchingpost's report that the Stampeders have signed DB Matt Bucknor. He's expected to join his new team tomorrow. #CFL

The Following User Says Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2016, 12:27 AM   #49
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
ScottMitchellPM:
I can confirm @scratchingpost's report that the Stampeders have signed DB Matt Bucknor. He's expected to join his new team tomorrow. #CFL
I wonder who is getting released... or maybe magically goes to a one, or two or three games injured list.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:24 PM   #50
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stamps sign former BC Lions defensive lineman Zach Minter...

http://www.stampeders.com/2016/07/04...n-zach-minter/
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:20 AM   #51
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Joe West 6-gamed, darn it, he was off to a good start with the Stamps as well...

http://www.tsn.ca/stamps-put-r-west-...-list-1.529647
The Following User Says Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2016, 05:01 PM   #52
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Scott Mitchell – Verified account ‏@ScottMitchellPM

You can likely pencil SB Lemar Durant (ankle) back into Stamps lineup against his hometown #BCLions on Friday. He says he’s ready. #CFL

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2016, 09:46 PM   #53
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tyler Varga retired from the Colts
http://www.tsn.ca/canadian-varga-ret...ge-22-1.533368
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:02 AM   #54
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

@ScottMitchellPM:

Ciante Evans starts at CB. Veteran Fred Bennett is off the roster. Rookie import Ucambre Williams gets the call at RT with Dan Federkeil out

SB Lemar Durant, LB Taylor Reed and DT Derek Wiggan all return from injury. DB Matt Bucknor makes his debut on the 46-man.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:09 AM   #55
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
@ScottMitchellPM:

Ciante Evans starts at CB. Veteran Fred Bennett is off the roster. Rookie import Ucambre Williams gets the call at RT with Dan Federkeil out

SB Lemar Durant, LB Taylor Reed and DT Derek Wiggan all return from injury. DB Matt Bucknor makes his debut on the 46-man.
I wonder what "off the roster" means. Not starting? Cut? Quit the team?

The Herald had an article on this yesterday (about Evans taking over for Bennett): http://calgaryherald.com/sports/foot...s-starting-job

Quote:
Loud enough, in fact, that Calgary Stampeders head coach Dave Dickenson has been giving him half of veteran Fred Bennett’s practice reps this week.

That’s new for the for the 32-year-old with 73 games of experience in Red & White under his belt.

The timeshare was unexpected.

“I’m just a player,” Bennett said Wednesday. “I just work here. I guess that’s something the coaches have got to put out there. I’m not one to speak on it. I’m just here to do my part in any shape, fashion or form. Whatever my team needs me to do. I’m a team guy.

“As far as what’s going on, I feel like our coaches need to put that out there.”
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:21 AM   #56
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
I wonder what "off the roster" means. Not starting? Cut? Quit the team?
He's on the 1 game injured list this week.

The Following User Says Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2016, 12:10 PM   #57
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Former Stamps news - Speedy recovery for Eric Rogers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-to-torn-acl/
Old 08-05-2016, 02:32 PM   #58
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's ####ty. Was rooting for him to make it big down there. Get well Rog!
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:06 PM   #59
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Terrible news, I'm actually a little depressed even reading that. Had a great shot not just at a roster spot, but to actually have a breakout season. Hopefully he can recover quickly and get another shot
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:44 PM   #60
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tough luck to the former Stampeder receiver Eric Rogers who signed with San Francisco 49er is done for season with ACL injury. I was looking forward in watching some of 49ers game this season. Too bad for him but I am sure he'll be back late in the season or next season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...one-for-season