Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-24-2016, 10:03 PM   #101
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was an interesting episode.

Not surprised with how the vote went after Jenny opened her mouth though. What a purely boneheaded thing to say right out of the gate. If she'd kept her mouth shut then she'd still be there.

Find myself liking the beauty tribe, which is a bit of a surprise to me.

The brain tribe is pretty decent too, excepting Debbie.

I like what they've done with the Hidden Idol this time around. Looks like there's going to be quite a bit of work involved in getting one.

I'm a bit surprised to see the brawns falling apart like this, though. I had expected a bit more of them for some reason.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:31 AM   #102
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm impressed with how tribal has been these past few seasons. I used to basically skip past them as they were not that interesting, but wow! Have they ever been fun these past few seasons.

I agree that the beauty tribe is looking like the best right now. I liked how they did the cut for Alecia that episode with the fire. Her hands were horrible after that, but good on her for at least being the person to do something in that episode.

Overall it wasn't the best episode, but it gave us a small hate/annoyance with Debbie, showed that Alecia is willing to work while the guys aren't and that well water won't hurt anyone as long as they were brought up around horses, chickens and pigs...
Old 02-25-2016, 11:02 AM   #103
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Jenny was a moron, if Alecia had been sent home, there is no way she's breaking up those two guys. She had the chance to shut up and make a power move with an all girls alliance.

Now as it stands, Alecia's only hope is to go to the other girl and simply state that if she goes home, then the boys will vote her out the next time.

Now the only thing that is logically going to happen is that Alecia forms a girl alliance and deadlocks any vote.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 02-25-2016, 12:13 PM   #104
Guest1

Maybe the water thing was a foreshadowing to a future episode where Debbie gets medi-vacted for getting a parasite? That would be awesome!

Old 02-25-2016, 12:33 PM   #105
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Man she's annoying, I meet too many people like her in my day to day life.

My luxury item if I was on that Island would be a pillow so I could smother her in the middle of the night.

I'd love to see her get a rectum exploding parasite.

Old 02-25-2016, 01:46 PM   #106
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Jenny was a moron, if Alecia had been sent home, there is no way she's breaking up those two guys. She had the chance to shut up and make a power move with an all girls alliance.

Now as it stands, Alecia's only hope is to go to the other girl and simply state that if she goes home, then the boys will vote her out the next time.

Now the only thing that is logically going to happen is that Alecia forms a girl alliance and deadlocks any vote.
Has a girls alliance ever worked? In any reality show?

They always seem to crumble. Girls just don't like girls. haha
Old 02-25-2016, 02:21 PM   #107
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm thinking the Black Widow Brigade from Micronesia

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2016, 08:09 PM   #108
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hey, Jenny, what is the one thing you never do in survivor? Flip flop like a flounder in a boat. Jeeze, after giving Alicia the survivor lesson on voting out the strongest you would think she would know that. And if you are going to flip, don't blab about it! Wow.

I still regret that my guy has a gheto blaster tattooed on his belly. He won't last long after a merge, to annoying and lazy.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:14 AM   #109
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was certainly as massive of a survivor implosion you are going to see a handful of days into the game. Just wow.

And also some fantastic stupidity from the water lady. I've been analyzing water for 20 years and can tell by looking at it that it's good? Yikes. The reason you are analyzing it is precisely because you can't do that! I'm embarrassed to share a profession with her.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ernie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2016, 12:01 PM   #110
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I expect that Debbie at some point is going to have a melt down after the realization that everyone hates her hits home. Everything they are showing us is posturing for that moment. And I will be there, in all my glory, laughing maniacally two feet from my TV attempting to drink her tears through the screen.

I really enjoyed the dynamic between Caleb and Thai? is it? "There is zero homophobe in this guy." Then later when he tries to kiss him and gets called on it, "I was totally going for the kiss." haha just awesome. That has been the high light of the show so far.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:13 PM   #111
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Debbie said in her bio that her favorite player is Coach. I think she's definitely playing up her crazy for tv, and to look like the female Coach.

I have a feeling drinking that dirty water will take someone out of the game. Showing it this week was foreshadowing.

edit: just read this article on tmz. apparently she was arrested for falsifying water test results from hurricane katrina.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/02/26/surviv...katrina-water/

Quote:
Debbie Wanner, a 49-year-old chemist from Reading, PA, was arrested in 2010 and charged with 3 counts of falsifying test results from Hurricane Katrina water samples.

According to legal docs, Wanner took on clients when she knew her company did not have the proper equipment to provide accurate results. The criminal complaint alleges she falsified water test results.

Wanner pled guilty to 3 felonies for falsifying results. She was placed on 1 year probation.

It's interesting timing ... she's on the show in the middle of the Flint water crisis.

Debbie's strutting her expertise on 'Survivor' on all things water ... if they only knew.
If only they knew.

Last edited by mile; 02-26-2016 at 12:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2016, 12:42 PM   #112
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

"According to legal docs, Wanner took on clients when she knew her company did not have the proper equipment to provide accurate results."

How is this even possible? She's got eyes, doesn't she?
Old 03-02-2016, 08:42 PM   #113
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

***NEW EPISODE TALK***

Well that was a weird vote, I totally thought Peter was going. Wonder why they thought he was worth keeping?

Also, was that the biggest scramble for a hidden idol ever?

Looks like next episode is going to have some excitement. Wonder who that was?
Old 03-02-2016, 10:39 PM   #114
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

In a CP Survivor Pool first (AFAIK), we lose two players on the third episode, with transplant99 and mile making their exit with Liz (who, if I'd been earlier in the order, I would have picked myself).

So...interesting episode again. I'm glad to see Tai picking up an Immunity Idol, and also glad to see that there's more work involved than just finding the Idol by itself.

Some quick talking by Cydney to get Alecia off her back about the Idol and how Kyle found out about it. Some nice teamwork with Kyle and Scot to get the Idol.

Kinda wonder now...when a merge comes, does one walk in, hold up their half, and say "Anyone wanna go halfsies?" to see who bites? Or when the merge happens, will more Idols be set around (since they can't go to the other camps and nick theirs).

I'm really liking the Beauty tribe. They seem to be pretty decent people and working well together.

I'll even go so far as to admit that I'm a touch impressed with Debbie this ep. If her 'airhead' thing is really an act, she's doing it well, and does seem to be doing well on actually pulling strings behind the scenes (unlike Peter, who just seems to think he is)

I'm torn on how the Immunity Challenge went. On one hand, I wanted Brawn to lose again, 'cause I can be petty like that. But it was nice to see Brains lose, too.

Impressive Brawn tribe scramble...kinda makes sure that Alecia knows she's on the bottom and stuck there (for now)

I was almost sure that Peter was gone (esp after his "I'm in control now" bit at the start), but I think that Liz is the smarter choice. She seems pretty sneaky, and could easily weasle her way into another alliance of some sort. But after watching this episode with Mr. ER Doc (I know it all and am socially awesome, too) Peter, I have a feeling keeping him around would be a good idea, as he's going to pretty much constantly put his foot in his mouth (and even jump around a bit). I get the feeling that if he's not in charge, he's not happy, and so would make whatever moves he felt he needed to to be in charge...and get blindsided PDQ.

I'm wondering if the evac next ep is Caleb. It looks like it's definitely a beauty tribe member, and given that the person was wearing board shorts it's either Nick or Caleb, would be my guess. Since Tai appeared to be actually upset about it, I'd have to go with Caleb, and it kinda looks like Nick is a persona non grata around the Beauty camp right now.

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 03-02-2016 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:22 PM   #115
Guest1

I think we should have a side bet on who gets evac'ed. My $ is on Beast Mode Cowboy (as much as I hate to see him go)
I think that was a d0uchey move by "Ghetto-Gut".... I hope karma kicks his ass.
So excited to see Tai get the immunity necklace!

Old 03-02-2016, 11:33 PM   #116
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Yeah, it's gonna be Caleb. They gave him a Survivor moment with his bromance with Tai but not much else. They're telegraphing a Caleb evac and Nick boot.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:41 PM   #117
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well crap. I'm out already. I really thought Liz had winner potential.

Peter really should have went home, it would have been more fitting with all the talk about social cues, and how many times he made his tribe mates snicker with everything he was saying.

At least Tai has the idol and seems have some trust back. And Alecia is safe.

Didn't like that move for Cydney to tell the guys about the idol. She easily could've had it for herself, but now Jason (a guy who definitely does not have her back) has it.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:19 AM   #118
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cydney probably didn't have much choice. Those guys would have turned on her the second she had the idol. At least she showed some loyalty, not that it will probably go far with "ghetto-gut"(nice one, Puxlut!). I hate that I am cheering for him.

My wife had picked Peter and really wanted him to go, due to the arrogance.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:00 AM   #119
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Debbie didn't look like a complete moron that episode, yay!

I like the Super Idol idea.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:22 AM   #120
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Cyndy is stupid about sharing the idol info with the guys. Right now as soon as Alecia goes home she's next and she can't stop it. She might think that loyalty is everything, but in this game its nothing.

If she and Alecia had taken the idol. They could have chopped one of the guys right away and had some control.

Instead its the two girls that are in the cross hairs.

Really stupid strategy.