Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-15-2018, 10:33 AM   #361
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

De Bruyne is apparently going to miss up to three months with a knee injury. But considering City's next six games are against the three promoted teams of 2017 and 2018, and considering Bernardo Silva is in tremendous form and he can slide right into that role, they'll probably be just fine without him.
Old 08-15-2018, 04:09 PM   #362
nixon45
First Line Centre

Exp:

Does anyone know of any stores in the city to buy Premier League jerseys?

I know Sportchek has a couple and I was able to snag a 2017/2018 Chelsea third last week but the stock is really low.

I ordered a Chelsea home from Fanatics last week but I am super impatient and really like their new away kit as well.

I will be in Vancouver in a couple weeks and I have found some stores there but wasn't sure if Calgary had anything.. doesn't seem like much of a priority for stores in this city.

Just curious!
nixon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:41 PM   #363
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

It’s against my better judgment because it’s Chelsea, but you could try Kicks? They have some shirts there I think and Chelsea could be popular enough for them to carry some.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2018, 06:00 AM   #364
cSpooge
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixon45 View Post

I know Sportchek has a couple and I was able to snag a 2017/2018 Chelsea third last week but the stock is really low.

I ordered a Chelsea home from Fanatics last week but I am super impatient and really like their new away kit as well.

I will be in Vancouver in a couple weeks and I have found some stores there but wasn't sure if Calgary had anything.. doesn't seem like much of a priority for stores in this city.

Just curious!

Kicks in varsity is probably your best bet.
cSpooge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cSpooge For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2018, 06:07 AM   #365
nixon45
First Line Centre

Exp:

Cool thanks guys I will check them out this weekend
nixon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:26 AM   #366
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixon45 View Post

Just curious!
I get all my Chelsea gear from uksoccershop online. Now, where can one get Wolves?

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VladtheImpaler For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2018, 08:50 AM   #367
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

So this has become quite the ordeal between Mourinho and Pogba.

Some say there was another bust-up and that the two can only communicate through Raiola and some say thats false.

Obviously there seems to be no concrete conclusion.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:01 AM   #368
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
So this has become quite the ordeal between Mourinho and Pogba.

Some say there was another bust-up and that the two can only communicate through Raiola and some say thats false.

Obviously there seems to be no concrete conclusion.
the conclusions are:

- Pogba is a whiny princess
- Mourinho is Mourinho
- Raiola is an asshat
- the media is exploiting the story to generate clicks

nothing to see here, really. Just freaking tired of the circus, but that's what you get for getting involved with Mourinho and Raiola.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:06 AM   #369
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
the conclusions are:

- Pogba is a whiny princess
- Mourinho is Mourinho
- Raiola is an asshat
- the media is exploiting the story to generate clicks

nothing to see here, really. Just freaking tired of the circus, but that's what you get for getting involved with Mourinho and Raiola.
These three are absolutely true. I cant speak to Pogba's personal character.

But I find it somewhat hilarious that Pogba supposedly tells Mourinho that he cant speak to him except through his agent, Raiola, who, consequently, I believe is also Mourinho's agent?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 08-16-2018, 10:08 AM   #370
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

All this agent drama with Raiola makes me wonder what Scott Boras would do to the European leagues if he started representing guys over there. If you think Raiola is bad...
Old 08-16-2018, 10:13 AM   #371
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
These three are absolutely true. I cant speak to Pogba's personal character.
he annoys me. He's done nothing at United so far, yet he seems to think he's above the club already. He was gifted the captains armband last week over more deserving players like De Gea, for no other reason than to appease him - yet he again stirs the pot after the game ("there are certain things I can't say because I'd get fined"). He has the potential to be world-class, but he's inconsistent and his class is regularly dwarfed by his ego. And having Raiola in his ear doesn't help either.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:18 AM   #372
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
All this agent drama with Raiola makes me wonder what Scott Boras would do to the European leagues if he started representing guys over there. If you think Raiola is bad...
Really any of the big name American agents; Rosenhaus, Condon, etc. Condon keeps his mouth shut a bit more than the others but he's an absolute menace during negotiations.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 05:41 PM   #373
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t know how Raoila and Pogba will get out of Man U currently. Lots of reports saying Pogba wants a move to Barca but idk why Barca would do it. They signed Arthur, Vidal, Coutinho last window, and still have Rakatic and Bousquets. I also don’t know how he would fit at Barca and what position barca would want him to play. He’s an amazing player with world class abilities but Barca seems like an odd fit. Barca had a young Yaya Toure who had all the talent in the world but could not fit the system. I would be worried about Pogba being very similar. Madrid makes way more sense

Last edited by Beninho; 08-16-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:04 AM   #374
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
I don’t know how Raoila and Pogba will get out of Man U currently. Lots of reports saying Pogba wants a move to Barca but idk why Barca would do it. They signed Arthur, Vidal, Coutinho last window, and still have Rakatic and Bousquets. I also don’t know how he would fit at Barca and what position barca would want him to play. He’s an amazing player with world class abilities but Barca seems like an odd fit. Barca had a young Yaya Toure who had all the talent in the world but could not fit the system. I would be worried about Pogba being very similar. Madrid makes way more sense
Very good point, but I think it still makes sense for Barca to a degree, and perhaps even Pogba.

He needs to be pushed and honestly, Coutinho and Vidal also play well on the wings, Busquets is getting a little long in the tooth and I think Pogba would become their #1 in that position.

Not to mention, I think a lot of guys, even though players constantly profess that they want to play, if you want to win it all and have a long career then you cant play all the time.

"Do we really need Pogba against Leganes?" Nope. Rest him for the upcoming CL match then.

Honestly, as much as people love to gush about it the Spanish League is pretty weak overall so those 'Days off' that Pogba takes that Mourinho laments about wouldnt be such a big deal.

And further, they're likely going to pay him a fortune which has Raiola's hands rubbing together fast enough that if the energy could be harnessed it could power the city of Barcelona for a week.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:12 PM   #375
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

So, as I kind of guessed, sounds like Levy Levy'd himself right out of the deal for Grealish.

https://talksport.com/football/41187...uce-talksport/
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:24 AM   #376
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

This Cardiff-Newcastle thing is one of the worst matches I have seen. It's difficult to imagine this Cardiff squad winning a game, though I suppose random chance will result in a few wins before relegation...

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:32 AM   #377
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
So, as I kind of guessed, sounds like Levy Levy'd himself right out of the deal for Grealish.

Disagree based on that, no one knew a takeover was coming, and there have been reports grealish was told he could leave if anyone offered 25m, which they did, and is why graelish spouted off on twitter when it was declined.

I also dont know if hes worth more than that if thats what villa wanted, he looks a good young player, but even last year from reading reports while he was on loan there onamah was looking better in a lot of games, might as well see what he has
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:33 AM   #378
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post

Maybe they waited too long and could have had him cheap, but honestly if they bid £30m for him and Villa didn’t sell, that’s fine. I don’t think Grealish is worth more than that.

And really, what this illustrates is the stupidity of FFP. Villa has/had an issue and were supposed to sell and raise cash as a result. But with the new owners they don’t escape those issues, they just don’t care. It’s a financial penalty, so they would rather pay the fine than sell players. So as usual...what’s the point of FFP?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:06 AM   #379
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

West Ham looks weak defensively. The new signings will take time to gel, and the upcoming fixtures will not be kind. Whooooo.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:32 AM   #380
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

nm
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote