Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-21-2019, 12:49 PM   #61
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
I take Matthews and Laine over Tkachuk every day of the week.

I take Tkachuk over everyone in between every day of the year.
I have to rethink this.

In light of the development or lack thereof from Bennett/Jankowski at the centre ice position, I would be very tempted go with Dubois here given the chance again.

Monahan
Dubois
Backlund
Ryan

Tkachuk is nearly as productive as Laine without the Laine's shot and with a skating stride that looks like he learned it yesterday. So I'm not as interested in making a swap of wingers. That's a lateral move at best.

As for the defense, clearly nobody in that top 6-8 is better than the available forwards.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:05 PM   #62
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

I could see Keller making his way into that second tier as well. He drew a bit of a short straw with Arizona. 47 points might not seem like a lot when Tkachuk is putting up 77, but Keller also lead Arizona with those 47 points, Ekman-Larsson being second with 44. He was 20, been in the league for 2 years, and has already lead his team in scoring twice.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 06:32 PM   #63
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

I had Tkachuk second on draft day and still have him second today. Unbelievable player in all three zones and all three situations.

A) Yes
B) Yes
C) No
D) Yes

"You ain't gotta like me. You're just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."
united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 12:00 AM   #64
カナダ人です
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
That said, I see no reason for Winnipeg or Calgary to be even remotely unhappy with the player they got. Matthews is in a class by himself. Laine, Tkachuk, and Dubois are all in the same tier of player imo. Keller, McAvoy, Sergachev in the next. Jost, Chychrun, DeBrincat after that, etc.
What is keeping DeBrincat from being in the same class as Laine, Tkachuk and Dubois? He had 41 goals and 76 points last year, after a 52 point rookie season. Higher career PPG than Chucky, Laine, and PLD...

Also, what class is Juolevi?
カナダ人です is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 08:31 AM   #65
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by カナダ人です View Post
What is keeping DeBrincat from being in the same class as Laine, Tkachuk and Dubois? He had 41 goals and 76 points last year, after a 52 point rookie season. Higher career PPG than Chucky, Laine, and PLD...

Juolevi is a few classes below - his value right now would be around a second round pick as far as I am concerned - still a potential to do well but not a probability. Injuries to his back and knee at a young age have cost him some significant developmental time that is really hard to get back.

As for DeBrincat I think that his numbers benefit from his playing with Kane. He is a very underrated player though.
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 08:35 AM   #66
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by カナダ人です View Post

NSFW!
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i <3 matthew tkachuk!!