Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #2221
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Burninator, I would wait for zagg to have a 50 percent off sale. They are great for protection have had one on my ipod for 6+ years. I have a protector that is just like zagg different company though they had a free protection giveaway a year ago and I stocked up I am pretty sure I have an Iphone4 you can have since I chose to go the case route with mine
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fundmark19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #2222
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I just use a Bookback for iPhone 4 by Dodocase and a screen protector I purchased on Amazon for 6 for $4. The Bookback is just a piece of leather and doesn't offer much in the way of drop protection but it has an awesome feel and keeps the profile of the phone much smaller. I tried a regular graphite case when they were giving them away and it was good but I found it to be bulky.

http://www.dodocase.com/products/bookback-for-iphone4
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #2223
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
Anyone have experience with clear protectors on their iPhone 4? I was looking at the Zagg one here. I've heard they are good, but with the shipping it comes out to around $40. Not sure if it's worth it. I currently use the Apple case, but I would like to ditch it. I would still like some protection. Thanks.
I am in the minority but I don't like the zagg invisibleshield. I had troubles applying it and once I had I tried to fix it it got wayyyy worse. I also don't like the condom-esque feel to it. Made it feel plastic-like and cheap imo.

To be fair, their customer service was very good about giving me my money back. My experience with them was outstanding. They had a lot of great tips about application (that would have been great on the official instructions).
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2011, 12:31 AM   #2224
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
I also don't like the condom-esque feel to it.
Ladies and gentlemen, now we know how Russic Jr. arrived here.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yeah_Baby For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2011, 10:24 PM   #2225
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
Anyone have experience with clear protectors on their iPhone 4? I was looking at the Zagg one here. I've heard they are good, but with the shipping it comes out to around $40. Not sure if it's worth it. I currently use the Apple case, but I would like to ditch it. I would still like some protection. Thanks.
Bought the Zagg and returned just like Russic. I bought this one and never looked back:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

For the price it is worth trying yourself. I give it a strong recommendation after 10 months of use.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OldDutch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #2226
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

So I got an iphone. Pretty neat little thing. I am very impressed with how well it syncs with my gmail account... Which led me to wonder, can I somehow sync my phone contacts with my gmail contacts? That would be pretty awesome if I could because that way, I could keep one database of all my contacts in my gmail and have access to it anytime necessary.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #2227
MickMcGeough
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
So I got an iphone. Pretty neat little thing. I am very impressed with how well it syncs with my gmail account... Which led me to wonder, can I somehow sync my phone contacts with my gmail contacts? That would be pretty awesome if I could because that way, I could keep one database of all my contacts in my gmail and have access to it anytime necessary.
Yup. Google for directions on how to set up your google account as an exchange account on your iPhone. Works beautifully.

MickMcGeough is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MickMcGeough For This Useful Post:
4X4
Old 06-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #2228
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

4x4: http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/
HotHotHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HotHotHeat For This Useful Post:
4X4
Old 06-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #2229
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

I look back on my BB and wonder if it could do this as well, but I really don't care. I love this phone. Everyone told me that I'd have a terrible time trying to text with the touch screen, but TBQH, I find it easier than my BB bold. Seriously. The only thing I hate about this phone is it's constant attempts at guessing what I meant when I typed. F U, I have better spelling than firefox, I don't need my cell phone trying to convert "Yo" to "To".
Old 06-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #2230
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

So I've set up google exchange, but none of my phone contacts have imported into my gmail account. I hope we're talking about the same thing here. I have about 400 contacts in my phone with just telephone numbers, and I have about 100 contacts in my gmail with just email addresses. I would like to get all my phone contacts into gmail so that I can start merging duplicates, and adding new info (such as email addresses to phone contacts) as it comes.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #2231
stuckinchuck
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
So I've set up google exchange, but none of my phone contacts have imported into my gmail account. I hope we're talking about the same thing here. I have about 400 contacts in my phone with just telephone numbers, and I have about 100 contacts in my gmail with just email addresses. I would like to get all my phone contacts into gmail so that I can start merging duplicates, and adding new info (such as email addresses to phone contacts) as it comes.
If you're on a Mac, go to address book>preferences>accounts, sync with google.
stuckinchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #2232
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
I look back on my BB and wonder if it could do this as well, but I really don't care.
Uhhh...BB has push support for gmail.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #2233
Art Vandelay
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I look back on my BB and wonder if it could do this as well, but I really don't care. I love this phone. Everyone told me that I'd have a terrible time trying to text with the touch screen, but TBQH, I find it easier than my BB bold. Seriously. The only thing I hate about this phone is it's constant attempts at guessing what I meant when I typed. F U, I have better spelling than firefox, I don't need my cell phone trying to convert "Yo" to "To".
You can turn that off.

Settings>General>Keyboard
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Art Vandelay For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 03:08 PM   #2234
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

FFS... Google Sync is completely haywire lately. Google's response on their website is a joke...Basically says don't use it so much and it will work...Eventually.

imap syncing = disaster.
HotHotHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #2235
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
ya, trade your iphone in for an Android
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:15 AM   #2236
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
Uhhh...BB has push support for gmail.
I had the gmail app on my BB. It was not nearly as good as the one on iphone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
ya, trade your iphone in for an Android
I probably will try an android next. I was actually going to get one instead of the iphone, but I just didn't know which phone was better/best, and I was kind of ambushed into getting a new phone. The iphone was just an easy on-the-spot decision. But I'm definitely not disappointed. I'll probably never go back to BB.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:22 AM   #2237
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
. The iphone was just an easy on-the-spot decision. But I'm definitely not disappointed. I'll probably never go back to BB.
I feel the same way. If android phones would stop coming out every other week it would be way easier to pick up the best one available. The you have the some run on a certain software and others run newer ones. Way to complicated.

I also really enjoy gmail on the iphone my favorite part is how it groups emails with same title together
Old 06-18-2011, 12:13 AM   #2238
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
I had the gmail app on my BB. It was not nearly as good as the one on iphone.
I'm talking about the email feature of the blackberry. You tell it your gmail address and password, it does the rest. Push mail to your blackberry. If there was an app I didn't use it.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:09 AM   #2239
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It is the same for Iphone you just set it up and it does its buisness I just find it layed out a lot better on the iphone then it was on blackberry. I would have to see what it looks like on a newer torch before I say for sure which one is better but the myth about iphone email being bad is just that a myth way better for doing buisness on IMHO
Old 08-03-2011, 09:31 AM   #2240
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Lately my iPhone 4 and my wife's iPhone 4 have been misbehaving when we plug them into certain accessories. An error message to the effect of "this accessory is not compatible with this device" pops up on accessories that previously worked flawlessly. This is happening with a BOSE docking station/stereo, our Kenwood car stereo, and an iTrip FM transmitter I have in my work truck.

That error message used to come up occasionally, but now it's every time. You have to unplug and replug in the phones five or six times until they magically just start working. It seems to have gotten worse since the latest software upgrade a couple weeks ago.

Anybody else having this problem?
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angering fanin80 , apple suxors