Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-08-2021, 10:17 PM   #101
Karl
Franchise Player

Exp:

2-6. Decent win. GS next though.

Last edited by Karl; 01-08-2021 at 10:21 PM.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:26 PM   #102
Karl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Boucher keeps up this play, he'll be in starting lineup soon. Really he should be starting now.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2021, 12:30 PM   #103
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Totally. While Boucher doesn't have the physical attributes to be a starter on most teams, by default, and by the way he's performed compared to the others he should be in the starting lineup 100%. Again, it's early, but my God Baynes has been a huge disappointment from the first couple games. Len and Boucher should be sharing the duties.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:55 PM   #104
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also very encouraging that Siakam’s looking more and more like his old self over these last three games, he’s working to get more points in the paint and his playmaking has looked great too. FVV has been the best player this season, he’s playing at an All-star level.

Either start Boucher at the 5 or run a small lineup to start with OG/Siakam in the middle, because they would be better centres than Baynes and Len at this point.
Still have a lot of work to do defensively and gotta reduce the turnovers, but Nurse is getting closer to figuring out which rotations are starting to work.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2021, 02:06 PM   #105
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

How fun has it been having Steph Curry back to his old insanely good self again? He was definitely a major player in the NBA Death Star for a bit however regardless the NBA is a much better league with Curry dropping insane 3 pointers and at the top of the NBA scoring leaderboard.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flames_fan_down_under For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2021, 02:11 PM   #106
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is a totally different team on defense when they don't have one of their slow bigs on the court and can just switch everyone. The defense was really amped up last night in the second half, and once they started forcing turnovers, they started to look like the great Raptors teams of recent years.
I really like the chemistry that Boucher and Siakam show on offense. It's obvious that Siakam's looking to pass and be more of a facilitator, but Len and Baynes having hands of stone. Siakam needs a big that can catch and go up quickly. I think Siakam had at least three assists to Boucher last night.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2021, 07:43 PM   #107
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Raps not playing enough defence in this game against a very average GS team. Siakam playing better (if that's the glass half full).
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:21 PM   #108
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Lots of awesome plays with the ball, beautiful passes, huge 3s, but man the defence looks frustrated and they’re just not really getting any luck. Melo all of a sudden can’t miss with 3 minutes left, and FVV with a bit of an uncharacteristic miss on the open look 3 at the end.

Loved the game from Siakam, he is finding his game, that last shot was close to going in.

Frustrating loss.
The Following User Says Thank You to flames_fan_down_under For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2021, 10:29 PM   #109
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great game from Siakam. Can't fault him for that shot, it was a better attempt than last night.

Two really tough losses, hopefully this doesn't completely demoralize them because they've taken some good steps.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:35 PM   #110
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I think they’re a pretty mentally strong group so I’m not too worried about them demoralized. They have basically been in every single game this season minus a couple, record could easily be above .500, but moral victories don’t count, time to start closing games out.

Seeing Baynes stapled to the bench helps, maybe the raps make a play for another big that’s actually good.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:34 AM   #111
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Raps need a center, and a good one, if they are gonna recover the season. They are only good when they go small and some teams are going big to counter and they are getting crushed in the paint.

Swing for the fences, Antetokounmpo is off the market, time to move in another direction.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:45 AM   #112
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
Raps need a center, and a good one, if they are gonna recover the season. They are only good when they go small and some teams are going big to counter and they are getting crushed in the paint.

Swing for the fences, Antetokounmpo is off the market, time to move in another direction.
If they could have found someone, they would have signed them. Easier said than done.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 03:17 PM   #113
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
If they could have found someone, they would have signed them. Easier said than done.
Yeah, big mobile centers are at an absolute premium right now. There's only a handful of guys who might be remotely expendable, and so the price isn't cheap, and with the shortened season a lot of teams who might be sellers are going to wait until the trade deadline to sell.

That said, the guy I'd try to target is Favours. He's an absolutely awful fit beside Gobert so Utah probably moves him with Gobert now extended, and he's an excellent rebounder at both ends and competent defender.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2021, 08:37 AM   #114
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Harden more or less public with his trade demand. "We're just not good enough -- chemistry, talentwise, just everything. And it was clear these last two games."

Of course that's pretty much an indictment of himself since he largely is the team on many possessions.

It was fun while it lasted but time to get this guy out of here and start lowering my expectations for the Rockets.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:22 PM   #115
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds like it's down to Philly or Brooklyn. Philly has the best piece (Simmons), Brooklyn has more quality pieces as a package.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:43 PM   #116
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

As long as it’s not Kyrie coming back.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:48 PM   #117
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kyrie should be getting traded to the local mental institution.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:52 PM   #118
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I don’t think I’d want to give up Simmons for Harden.
The Big Chill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:52 PM   #119
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Lowry to Philly makes sense too at some point if they are making a push this season.
The Big Chill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:06 PM   #120
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Problem is if they trade for Harden what kind of assets are they gonna have to trade for Lowry? I'd want some picks and maybe a trade exception, but who knows what they'll have? Lowry should be worth a minimum of a quality rotation player and a 1st round pick.

Tags
#crapforcade , #suckforsuggs , jurassic bay