Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2020, 05:07 PM   #141
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

If they had taken the penalty right when they found out the others were working together, would it have mattered?

2 hours was probably too much.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 05:13 PM   #142
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

No, someone from Manilla posted on Reddit that they saw some of the production and the three teams were only at the final task for about 90 minutes.

They also didn't make Gary & DeAngelo wait out the full 2 hour penalty. They let them go once all the other teams had checked in.
Old 12-10-2020, 06:02 PM   #143
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

it's a shame because that was a great task if there was no answer sharing.

Old 12-16-2020, 09:19 PM   #144
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

After all the drama last week, the finale was pretty uneventful. I wonder how far ahead Will & James were at the end?

It seemed like a pretty straight forward leg for a finale, and the only real chance to pull ahead was at the cake challenge, and that was basically pure luck. Everything else just seemed like it would take as much time as it would take.
  1. Will & James: Amethyst / Cheese
  2. Hung & Chee: bigtmac19 / WhiteTiger
  3. Riley & Maddison: eddly / Weitz
  4. Gary & DeAngelo
  5. Eswar & Aparna
  6. Kaylynn & Haley
  7. Leo & Alana
  8. Michelle & Victoria
  9. Jerry & Frank
  10. Kellie & LaVonne
  11. Nathan & Cody

Next season ... Who knows? Some time after people are allowed to leave their homes and the USA is no longer on most of the world's no-fly lists.

They were 3 legs into shooting the next season when production was halted in March. I believe the original plan was to resume shooting with the same teams, but travel restrictions probably won't be lifted until next fall, so who knows?
Old 12-16-2020, 09:43 PM   #145
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

You just knew the beard bros helped the other two teams all the way in order to finish 3rd.

Old 12-16-2020, 10:01 PM   #146
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, that was kinda disappointing. The only team I didn't want to win, did. I guess it shows the benefit of life experience, though. James knew exactly what to look for in the cakes, while the other two didn't have a clue what they were looking for. That was the separator event.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 10:13 PM   #147
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

That final challenge (and the whole leg) was a total dud...the last challenge from the previous leg was way harder.

Had a feeling Will and James would win, they got a bigger edit than the other teams all season. Editors tried their best to make it look competitive, but it wasn't at all.

I'm not surprised CBS put this season on the shelf for two years haha.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 10:32 AM   #148
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Well thank goodness that dumpster fire is complete. That was a fitting ending to that season. Outside of the cake challenge I don't think that the teams saw each other again until the finish line. Thanks to getbak for putting on the pool once again.
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 10:36 AM   #149
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

The fact that big brother 22 was better than this season is saying a lot

In terms of the survivor/big brother/amazing race trio, in 2020 it was definitely

Survivor Winners at War>>>>>>>Big brother all stars 2>the amazing race 32
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 11:39 AM   #150
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
That final challenge (and the whole leg) was a total dud...the last challenge from the previous leg was way harder.

Had a feeling Will and James would win, they got a bigger edit than the other teams all season. Editors tried their best to make it look competitive, but it wasn't at all.

I'm not surprised CBS put this season on the shelf for two years haha.

I do like the idea of the memory challenge in the second last leg and not the final leg as expected. Teams on the way back to the US always study up for the final leg. If it weren't for the alliance, they would still be in Manila trying to figure it out and the band manager would run out of lines to say.

The beard bros are the dumbest though. They could have knocked out one of these teams in Cambodia.

The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2020, 11:57 AM   #151
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ultra lame finale on the lamest season ever. Wow was that bad.

I think a season of Amazing Race Canada where they don't leave the country at all would be miles better.

Guess we should be happy we had a race to watch during a pandemic.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 09:27 PM   #152
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Worst season ever. Couldn't even watch the last 5 minutes, it was awful. The challenges were super soft. Really turned me off the whole show, I might just stick to the Canadian one.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 10:19 AM   #153
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess I share the win...but I feel kind of dirty about it. Not an exciting Race at all.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 06:59 PM   #154
nixon45
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just finished the finale. What a dog shirt season and I really disliked James and Will but you just knew they would win.

They were beyond annoying.
nixon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 07:47 PM   #155
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

It did give us the moment when dude said the race sucked and he wouldn't do it again, that was almost worth it!
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 12:49 AM   #156
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Finally watched the rest of the shows. Glad to see my one team win, since my other team went out first! I feel like I watched a different show than everyone else. The only people I found annoying were Michelle and Leo and Alana.

The show has been pushing alliances for years, because of the "drama." If an alliance burned them this time, well, they were asking for it.

D'Angelo annoyed me with his pouting when they went out. Wasn't it just the week before he was telling the brother and sister they shouldn't get upset because that's what competition was all about? The smart(er) thing to do when they had no clue and realized the other teams were working together would have been to take a penalty right away. It sounds like the elapsed time was not enough to have saved them even if they did that, but it would have given them a better shot that waiting until everyone else left. The really smart thing would have been to convince another team to also take a penalty after you did, like Boston Rob all those years ago, when he pretty much talked other teams into guaranteed losing. Although I don't think they would have been able to talk another team into it at that point.

As for lame tasks in the finale, it almost always happens that way. I think part of the reason is because they are back in the US and they need to keep things more under wraps there.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 11:48 PM   #157
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

I will never watch the finale to this season.

How bad was this season? I would clockwork orange the crap out of the Family edition than watch this ever again.
Old 12-26-2020, 02:00 PM   #158
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
Finally watched the rest of the shows. Glad to see my one team win, since my other team went out first! I feel like I watched a different show than everyone else. The only people I found annoying were Michelle and Leo and Alana.

The show has been pushing alliances for years, because of the "drama." If an alliance burned them this time, well, they were asking for it.

D'Angelo annoyed me with his pouting when they went out. Wasn't it just the week before he was telling the brother and sister they shouldn't get upset because that's what competition was all about? The smart(er) thing to do when they had no clue and realized the other teams were working together would have been to take a penalty right away. It sounds like the elapsed time was not enough to have saved them even if they did that, but it would have given them a better shot that waiting until everyone else left. The really smart thing would have been to convince another team to also take a penalty after you did, like Boston Rob all those years ago, when he pretty much talked other teams into guaranteed losing. Although I don't think they would have been able to talk another team into it at that point.

As for lame tasks in the finale, it almost always happens that way. I think part of the reason is because they are back in the US and they need to keep things more under wraps there.
At the music task D'Angelo still thought he was in the alliance, esp with the beard bros. The betrayal wasn't until the very very end of the task.