Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2020, 04:45 PM   #41
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
So what's the full list of overpowered heroes? I'm not the biggest comic book nerd, but for the sake of keeping the poll entertaining I'll remove those that can destroy planets/universes.
Haha...that's one hella can of worms. But I mean, for instance...Galactus EATS planets. The Silver Surfer is (one of) Glactus' meal prep/fetch boys, who wields the Power Cosmic...
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 05:08 PM   #42
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Goku.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
So what's the full list of overpowered heroes? I'm not the biggest comic book nerd, but for the sake of keeping the poll entertaining I'll remove those that can destroy planets/universes.
That's literally every super hero depending on the comic.

Rune King Thor is pretty much omniscient with infinite energy at points.

Alternate reality Gambit, "New Son" had to travel alternate realities killing other Gambits because he accidentally destroyed his world with how powerful he was.

In Hulk comics, he'll just get mad enough to win. He also can't die, like every person dies except him and each day he's Banner until the cockroaches come to eat him, turns in the Hulk and repeats that in a Prometheus-like situation.

There's Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe and it's sequels.

And Squirrel Girl will beat all of them off-panel.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 06:25 PM   #43
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Pineapple Man

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:12 PM   #44
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Goku.

That's literally every super hero depending on the comic.

Rune King Thor is pretty much omniscient with infinite energy at points.

Alternate reality Gambit, "New Son" had to travel alternate realities killing other Gambits because he accidentally destroyed his world with how powerful he was.

In Hulk comics, he'll just get mad enough to win. He also can't die, like every person dies except him and each day he's Banner until the cockroaches come to eat him, turns in the Hulk and repeats that in a Prometheus-like situation.

There's Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe and it's sequels.

And Squirrel Girl will beat all of them off-panel.
Well, not officially I don’t think. Even if writers push the limits from time to time. I don’t have a Marvel Universe Handbook handy or anything but here’s a list of the official Omega Level Mutants:

Quote:
The following are the known Omega-level mutants as of the House of X relaunch: Jamie Braddock, Iceman, Elixir, Jean Grey, Legion, Magneto, Proteus, Mister M, Storm, Exodus, Quentin Quire, Franklin Richards, Vulcan, Hope Summers.
That’s not exactly definitive since we’re talking all heroes, not just mutants and not just marvel. But you get my point.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:34 PM   #45
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

From the DC Dark Side :

John Constantine
Enchantress
Swamp Thing
Animal Man

You might have to come up with some parameters here, otherwise Dr. Manhattan is pretty invincible.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:42 PM   #46
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
You might have to come up with some parameters here, otherwise Dr. Manhattan is pretty invincible.
... Unless you're including the Lindelof series, in which case he's remarkably easy to kill.

Sounds like he's implemented a "no bull####" rule whereby you can't include versions of characters that are ridiculously overpowered (Binary, World War Hulk, Rune King Thor) or characters who are essentially cheat codes (Franklin Richards, Impossible Man, The Beyonder, The Living Tribunal, Galactus). But I don't know where the line is exactly.

If the Sentry is still allowed, I think I'd pick him.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 08:53 AM   #47
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alright we're at 32 entrants right now, feel free to keep adding for another day or so and I'll make the seeding poll.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 09:03 AM   #48
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Optimus Prime?
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 09:06 AM   #49
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Silver Surfer, and Dr Strange should be put back in.

If Superman and Jean Grey are in we pretty much have off the chart power levels anyways. So all the Humanish people with powers should be in.

Any mind controller can beat any physical entity so it’s really the Prpfessor X, Jean Grey types that are over powered.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 06:02 PM   #50
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Uh, Lady Death cannot be in there. That's cheating. She's literally death. In a "fight" with another character - unless the other character has reality-altering, universe-destroying powers, which you've already removed from the poll - the other character is just immediately dead.

Substitute in Black Bolt for her.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 06-20-2020, 06:28 PM   #51
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

It would be kind of cool if you used their full monikers. Invincible Iron Man, Amazing Spider Man, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl... ect.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:29 PM   #52
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Double
Old 06-20-2020, 06:55 PM   #53
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
Double
If you make a list after I do the cuts (tomorrow night sometime) I'd be glad to have that posted
Old 06-20-2020, 07:29 PM   #54
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

x2 for nixing Lady Death. She's literally the god of death.

Thanos should be removed too. Even without the stones, he's OP

Silver surfer, Dr. Strange are guys who can destroy planets, I still think they should be removed

Prep time is also a huge in these fights too. I think whether each hero/villain are given notice of their opponent and time to prep is a big deciding factor on who wins and loses so I think that needs to be stated
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 07:41 PM   #55
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

The thing is I was kind of looking forward to Squirrel Girl meeting Thanos in the final and winning. But if you take him out, I guess Superman just wins.
Old 06-20-2020, 08:00 PM   #56
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

So also to clarify things, the super heroes are aware of who is in the pool, but not necessarily who they are facing.
Old 06-20-2020, 08:03 PM   #57
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

If Optimus Prime is in so should He-Man and Darkwing Duck.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 08:11 PM   #58
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
The thing is I was kind of looking forward to Squirrel Girl meeting Thanos in the final and winning. But if you take him out, I guess Superman just wins.
I’m out of my depth here but doesn’t magic #### up Superman? Wouldn’t that mean that Dr. Strange can beat him?
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 09:29 PM   #59
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm still hoping to see Daredevil vs a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle! Considering Daredevil is responsible for creating the turtles.

The mostly-humans, like The Punisher and Black Widow shouldn't stand a chance. Will depend on exact comic you draw from but Black Widow is pretty much just near peak-human with some slow aging and enhanced immune system. Depending on her matchup it's pretty much Usain Bolt vs the Flash in a race.

At least Batman and Iron-Man have gadgets, but without being able to plan who they are fighting, I don't like their odds.

Also are we going to assume that the heroes are willing to kill? Like Superman's biggest flaw against most of the non-magic users would be that he doesn't want to harm them. If he's willing to kill, he'll be able to hear their breathing and shoot lasers at them before they even know what happened.

Will be fun to see some hard-counter matchups. Like Wolverine can't beat Magneto.

Anyways, I'm expecting the bracket thread will ensure a large number of users utilizing the ignore feature by the end. :P
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 11:08 PM   #60
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

We should base brackets on powers. Mutants, humans, aliens, gods. Maybe a couple others. Then have the winners of each face off.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote