Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-02-2016, 07:25 AM   #21
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI View Post
Seriously? From 0-1 goals lifetime to 10 in 29?
He's a 20 year old playing in a league full of younger teenagers. It's not uncommon for overage players to have a leap in production.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:58 AM   #22
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
He's a 20 year old playing in a league full of younger teenagers. It's not uncommon for overage players to have a leap in production.
That's a bigger leap than most.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:04 PM   #23
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
It is a leap but he has more than tripled his best goal production and almost doubled his career goals. I think the more interesting number is his PIM, with being a giant that can easily push guys over and who isn't afraid to fight; him having just 45 PIMs is fantastic.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:48 PM   #24
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Figured this was an appropriate thread.

Jake Bean sets a Hit men franchise record 24 goals by a defensemen with 24. At 17 years old. If the Flames end up picking around 5 or later I have to imagine that he deserves a serious look, no?

Arguably the 2nd best dman in the draft
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 11:28 PM   #25
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
Figured this was an appropriate thread.

Jake Bean sets a Hit men franchise record 24 goals by a defensemen with 24. At 17 years old. If the Flames end up picking around 5 or later I have to imagine that he deserves a serious look, no?

Arguably the 2nd best dman in the draft
Well Redline has him #6 on their draft rankings. But nobody else has him top 10. Chychrun, Juolevi and Sergachev from the OHL are often thought to be the top 3 d-men but Bean is certainly making his case. It'll be interesting to see if he jumps on the other rankings or if Redline continues to be the lone scouting service that is heavily on his bandwagon.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:59 AM   #26
Bandwagon In Flames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'd assume the Flames have seen him plenty and have a better read on him than other organizations. If they do end up picking him, I'd be confident in their decision.

But I really don't want to be picking that low. The only silver lining to this crap year would be a top-3 pick.
Bandwagon In Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 12:00 PM   #27
mkd_087
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Bean has had a great season and has really improved from last year. He still has some growing to do but is a top offensive d-man in the WHL. He has speed and some really great hands. Hopefully he can fill out a bit more and work a little more on his defensive game in his own end. But his vision and play making ability is definitely there and he has no problem joining the rush and making things happen. He'd be a nice fit with the Flames, but I agree with Bandwagon, and hope we can be picking a bit higher than where he is slated to go.