Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-06-2018, 11:32 PM   #41
MisterJoji
Franchise Player

Exp:

40 posts in and nothing about Sam Bennett? What is going on here?
Old 10-06-2018, 11:34 PM   #42
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

A thread about a obvious depth 7/8th dman playing about as good as a 7th/8th dman is just... D*mb.
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbsy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2018, 11:35 PM   #43
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

He’s our 7th defenseman slotting into a new team he’s had minimal time with. What did people expect? People make it sound like Andersson couldn’t just as easily of made some bonehead plays. We won that’s all that matters. Were people making threads like this last game when Gio got walked and scored on last game?
Old 10-06-2018, 11:35 PM   #44
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
A thread about a obvious depth 7/8th dman playing about as good as a 7th/8th dman is just... D*mb.
So then don't play the 7th/8th dman. Play Andersson. That's... the whole point. Do you disagree?

Old 10-06-2018, 11:36 PM   #45
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
So then don't play the 7th/8th dman. Play Andersson. That's... the whole point.
So start a thread about how you clearly think the coach is an idiot then.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:37 PM   #46
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So then don't play the 7th/8th dman. Play Andersson. That's... the whole point. Do you disagree?
Anderson is our 8th defensemen......
Old 10-06-2018, 11:37 PM   #47
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Agreed. Prout on the team as the press box emergency fill in guy is something I don't have an issue with. But when you have time to call someone up, use them instead.

Coaches wanting the call up to get a practice or two in first is fair enough, so I really hope we see that change next game
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2018, 11:38 PM   #48
soulchoice
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the2bears View Post
But "crapping" on him is the point of the thread, and after one game it's in very poor taste to suggest he should never play another game in a Flames' uniform.

But apparently a crapping on Prout thread and a positive thread about Lindholm are the same thing.
Start whatever thread one likes as it's a free country, it's not up to me to decide on what a stupid thread is on a public forum However the two threads Lindholm/Prout are nothing alike. Agreed, as it's not the same thing whatsoever, in any capacity.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:39 PM   #49
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
So start a thread about how you clearly think the coach is an idiot then.
LOL, you think that would get better reception? Don't try to kill me more than I'm already dead.

Besides, I don't think Peters is a bad coach. I think considering Prout better than Andersson is a poor evaluation, but I think Peters is smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulchoice View Post
Start whatever thread one likes as it's a free country, it's not up to me to decide on what a stupid thread is on a public forum However the two threads Lindholm/Prout are nothing alike. Agreed, as it's not the same thing whatsoever, in any capacity.
How are they different? One is a thread praising a player, with a good track record, for playing well in a small sample size with the Flames. One is a thread deriding a player, with a poor track record, for playing poorly in a small sample size with the Flames. They're basically opposite sides of the same quarter.

Last edited by TheScorpion; 10-06-2018 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:40 PM   #50
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't get the point you are trying to make, that's all. They played the 7th dman in the role of the 7th dman spot.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:40 PM   #51
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

This thread is stupid. Prout is who we thought he was. He's who the flames thought he was. He is not a long term solution. Andersson got called up got a reason.
The Following User Says Thank You to GullFoss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2018, 11:43 PM   #52
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
I don't get the point you are trying to make, that's all. They played the 7th dman in the role of the 7th dman spot.
Ugh. All the replies are the same.

The point I'm trying to make is that Prout is a BAD option at 7th dman. The responses I'm getting are "but they played the 7th dman in the 7th dman" role, which doesn't address my point at all -- Prout is the 7th dman right now, yes, but he's an awful choice for that role and he's never looked very good at all in his career before, indicating he's not likely to improve.

I think the Flames should get a better 7th dman. I don't disagree with your interpretation of the role of the 7th dman, my qualms are all with the man occupying said role.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:43 PM   #53
soulchoice
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Meh, look at when the thread was posted. Right after Prout stood there and watched the guy he should have been covering scores easily. Many posts in the GT saying the same things that are being said here.

Besides, I know some people are more interested putting down the person that made the thread rather than the thread topic itself anyway
Yes, Prout was on the ice for the 5 on 3 goal. However anyone that has ever been coached or has actually played a 5 on 3 should know Prout was trying to ensure the open man on the boards was covered. That pass was supposed to be Hanifin to stop. Boeser did what a forward is supposed to do on that PP which is get in front of the net and turn his back to the defender(Prout) to protect the puck in case and make it tough for the back side defender to stick check.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:47 PM   #54
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Meh, look at when the thread was posted. Right after Prout stood there and watched the guy he should have been covering scores easily. Many posts in the GT saying the same things that are being said here.

Besides, I know some people are more interested putting down the person that made the thread rather than the thread topic itself anyway
Sure, and it was a bad play. Normally you'd want him no where near a 5-3 PK. Just seems over the top to rush out and create the thread when a comment in the GT would have sufficed.

Anyway, not worth arguing over.
The Following User Says Thank You to the2bears For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 09:40 AM   #55
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Actual stats ...

CF% 61.29%
SCF% 70%
HDCF% 50%

From your 7th defenseman and he get carpet bombed.

Matt Bartkowski last season (the man he's replacing)

CF% 46.35%
SCF% 44.5%
HDCF% 33.3%
Closed Thread