Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2018, 12:39 AM   #161
TheRealPepman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Memorable game for me personally. This was my second time watching a Flames game live and my first time alone. So much fun, eh? The first period was hot, and it included a highlight-reel goal from my favourite player, Matthew Tkachuk. 'Twas nice to see that goal while sitting at Section 220, Row 18, Seat 23. I'd love to watch a live Flames game, but I don't know when will that happen. So yah, what a memorable day. And it was my first time seeing Flames win in person too (The first game I went, for those curious, was the last time the Avalanche won at the Saddledome, we lost in the shootout. I was with my sisters when we watched live at press level. Hartley was the coach then. Didn't spend a dime watching Gulutzan hockey as it was not worth it to me plus I had several commitments that I had to attend to at the time. Bill Peters hockey? Bring it on baby!)

Major thanks to ThisYear for providing me the tickets. Best $50 I've spent thus far.
TheRealPepman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TheRealPepman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2018, 12:44 AM   #162
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great first, horrible second, average third. Fun win. You can tell the difference between Vegas and Winnipeg. The Jets have a bit more pride. Vegas folded, Winnipeg pushed back and didn’t go down without a fight.

Rittich is awesome and someone give Tkachuk a blank cheque right away!!!
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2018, 12:52 AM   #163
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foshizzle11 View Post
Oh man, Oilers fans salt. Serious, Rittich looks bad? Tonight? What are they watching?

This is fun, 1st in division, Oilers fans are pissed and it’s American Thanksgiving! We are making the playoffs baby. Jk, but it feels great.

Peters is great. I haven’t disagreed with too many of his decisions so far this season. Tonight was great when he started mixing up the D pairings and shortens the bench when needed. It is so refreshing.

Great win, so much fun, love this team!
Man even with rose coloured glasses on I don’t see how you can say Rittich didn’t look good. Like what? Hahahah
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:58 AM   #164
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
Great first, horrible second, average third. Fun win. You can tell the difference between Vegas and Winnipeg. The Jets have a bit more pride. Vegas folded, Winnipeg pushed back and didn’t go down without a fight.

Rittich is awesome and someone give Tkachuk a blank cheque right away!!!
I see it more like Winnipeg has a deep team where the Knights aren't all that deep. Last year they were the little engine that could and took everyone by surprise. The Jets have been building this thing they have now for a while.
They're as legit as any of the top ranked teams like Nashville or TB or TOR.

Either way, I like that the Flames have shown they have that comeback kid spirit in them and can overcome their shortcomings. Or that they can win games in the first period and bend a little but not break. These are very key ingredients to sustained success.

Now all that is left to find out is if they can find consistency and can find that balance night in and night out.

And I really don't want to rain on the David Rittich parade right now but tonight he showed that overzealous thing that hurt his consistency during his stretch of games last season. He floated out of position like Reto Berra a bunch tonight. Or overplayed a bunch of shots leaving him exposed. We got the W, I am happy. But he needs to reel it in back to whats made him so good so far this season. Good positioning and not going hog wild with the big slides.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 01:10 AM   #165
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Excellent! I love coming back from a night out and seeing a win!
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 01:15 AM   #166
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakfast View Post
Getting tired of the resident “Mike Smith Apologist” Loubo every single game.
I’m tired of nothing right now. Keep on pumping in 5 every 1st period, it will likely stay that way
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 01:52 AM   #167
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

I loved Gio sending Scheifele down to the ice after dirty play into the boards:

I also caught Andersson winking at someone on the Jets bench after Bennett scored. Definitely get the impression Andersson is a big yapper out there based on the clips of him mic'd up in Penticton and how often he's caught exchanging words with others.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2018, 01:54 AM   #168
FlamesFanFromBC
First Line Centre

Exp:

Old 11-22-2018, 01:58 AM   #169
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJoji View Post
Here's an ATL of just the Oiler fans because it's so delicious.

Quote:
Almost 60% of their goals are from four players. Depth.
That "Almost 60%" is actually 57.3% from the Flames top-4 goal scorers (it was a little higher before tonight's game).

Meanwhile in Edmonton... 67.2% of their goals are from four players (42.6% from their top-2). Also, McDavid has a point on over half the Oilers' goals (Tkachuk is the Flames' leader at 36%).

Even their trash talk is no good.
Old 11-22-2018, 02:11 AM   #170
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
This is one of my favourite gifs of all time..

3 flames push him to the point where he loses his balance then at the same time they push him down to the ice.

Almost looks choreographed haha
jg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jg13 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2018, 02:16 AM   #171
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoggyFlamesFan View Post
That tank or set up looks pretty big for your turtle. What size are we talking about?
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:46 AM   #172
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redforever View Post
That tank or set up looks pretty big for your turtle. What size are we talking about?
I currently have him in a 10 gallon. It's great for a nursery tank for at least the first few years. I have a larger red eared slider as well in a 30 gallon I believe. Both with dual light UVB and heat lamp setups.
SmoggyFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:50 AM   #173
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXon View Post
6 points back of the league lead
The very same 6 points that Smith has cost us. With good goaltending, dare I say we are an elite team?
SmoggyFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 03:39 AM   #174
saXon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanFromBC View Post
Look at her sway away. Even her Oiler counterpart is being no good by trying to take her fun nectar away

Also, that's probably Kristen Hallett

saXon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 03:51 AM   #175
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Around the League Report

Spoiler!
3thirty, 420since1974, 442scotty, 8sPOT, Allos, anyonebutedmonton, Azhouse, aznazz, badger89, bc-chris, bdubbs, Beer-gut Murray, BeltlineFan, Ben Dover, Beninho, Ben_in_Canada, Bezer, Biff, bigdl, BigFlameDog, bigrangy, blazingZepplin, BloodFetish, Bobblehead, Braden, Brendone, Browndog71, bubbsy, bucksmasher, Bunk, bzoo02, calgarybornnraised, calgaryboy, Cali Panthers Fan, Captain Hair, CKPThunder, clancy, ClarkK, Clever_Iggy, ClubFlames, cofias, CofR, Cole436, ColoradoFlamesFan, combustiblefuel, Con-Roy!, crapshoot, CrazyCaper, CRXguy, CsInMyBlood, D as in David, DazzlinDino, Deegee, Demaeon, devel, DigitalCarpenter, Dion, Displaced Flames fan, dissentowner, driveway, DuckmanX, dutch14, dying4acup, DynastyEra, FacePaint, FFFLife, Fire in the disco, Flamboyant 14, Flame On, FlameFan21, FlameOn, Flames0910, Flames89, flamesgod, FlamesNation23, FLAMESRULE, flame^thrower, FlatLandFlamesFan, ForeverFlameFan, Francis's Hairpiece, Frank MetaMusil, Gallick, Gaudfather, getbak, GirlySports, GoFlamesGo89, GreatWhiteEbola, greyshep, Groot, Hilbilly, Hitman88, Hockey-and_stuff, HockeyPuck, Homeslice, Huntingwhale, HUSKER4FLAMES, IamNotKenKing, IGGYFORMVP, IliketoPuck, indes, Inferno099, Insufficient Funds, Itse, I_H8_Crawford, jaikorven, Jay Random, Jaybo, jayocal, jayswin, Jbo, jg13, John Doe, JohnnyBeGood, JohnnyTitan, Karl Racki, kbvall, killer_carlson, KipperRules, kirant, Lanny'sDaMan, Larry David, LChoy, Lonestar, longsuffering, Lord Carnage, Loudog, Maritime Q-Scout, Mass_nerder, Mazrim, mccalgary71, metal_geek, Mightyfire89, Mike F, MoBiBu, MolsonInBothHands, Monahammer, Moneyhands23, Movechkin, Mr_Pilot, Mustache, N-E-B, nomad, Number 39, old-fart, OminousFlames, ooogabooga, OutToLunch, ozzy, P-Rugby, Phaneuf, Plaedo, Poe969, psyang, PsYcNeT, puckedoff, Puddy27, Puppet Guy, Radio, redflamesfan08, redforever, RedHotC, redpaint, Redrum, Reign of Fire, Rhettzky, robbie111, roberts10, Robo, Rollin22x, rotten42, Saint Troy, Samonadreau, saskflames69, Savvy27, schteve_d, Scorch, sempuki, Sgrath, shadowlord, Slacker, slybomb, SmoggyFlamesFan, Snuffleupagus, SOMBRI2, stazzy33, Stochansky, Suzles, taxbuster, terryclancy, the2bears, the_ed, Thor, Titan, tknez16, Toonage, topfiverecords, Torchdemall, Trailer Fire, tripin_billie, UKflames, VilleN, WhiteTiger, WinColumn, Wolven, woob, wookster, wwkayaker, You Need a Thneed, Yrebmi, Zoller, Zulu29, zztim81, _Q_
Old 11-22-2018, 03:54 AM   #176
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Second person to like the ATL. That's a first. Normally I find it because half my screen are thanks.

Gaskal what's ungodly to you is 7am to me

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2018, 03:57 AM   #177
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post

I also caught Andersson winking at someone on the Jets bench after Bennett scored. Definitely get the impression Andersson is a big yapper out there based on the clips of him mic'd up in Penticton and how often he's caught exchanging words with others.
I hope Andersson is a yapper. Last 2 years of GG the flames had no swagger. Shows the kids engaged. Lets get all the personalities going . It gets the bench engage EVERY single shift. I love the peters hiring now . I was so hesitant of it at first but now he seems like a nice mix of Hartly old school and new age possion coach. I said it i the past ( check my poster history if you want) this team needs that hard ass coach not stricly a player friendly coach to be successful. Bill peters seems to let them be emotional and play to there strengths .

Only 1/4 through the season boys lets keep it up. Lots of hard work yet to be done.

I remember a few posters say they play best when the ignore to rough stuff yet they seem to get the wins when they get the blood flowing in the greasy games. Tonight the flames got into it early then piled on the goals after the fact . Anecdotal but the last 3 games the hardnosed after whistle #### happened then they cam back to fill the net.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to combustiblefuel For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2018, 04:40 AM   #178
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

Flames the only team in the Pacific to have won more than half their games. Sharks are exactly .500: 11 wins in 22 games.

Our division is bad, and totally ripe for the taking.
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:57 AM   #179
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveway View Post
Flames the only team in the Pacific to have won more than half their games. Sharks are exactly .500: 11 wins in 22 games.

Our division is bad, and totally ripe for the taking.
The way it's going, the NHL might have to go to six wild-card slots.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:23 AM   #180
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Almost 60% of their goals are from four players. Depth.
This ones my absolute favorite from HFOil salt. A real special case of delusion.

Our top line of Lindholm, Monahan and Gaudreau has accounted for 31 of our 75 goals for 40 percent of our goals.

Took a gander over at their top line of McDavid, Draisaitl and Cagguila have scored 33 of their 61 goals for a 54 percent haul of their goals. So pot meet kettle my friend. And if you want to see some thing that REALLY shows their depth.......

Connor McDavid has scored 31 points.

Edmonton Oilers have scored 61 goals.

51 percent of their offense from ONE player. Depth.

Last edited by Patek23; 11-22-2018 at 06:32 AM.
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patek23 For This Useful Post: