Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2018, 05:54 PM   #301
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I was head of SN I would force their producers to watch hours of NBC coverage to see how real pros do it. And fire Randorf, Cassie, etc.

This obsession with rookie parents is tiring.

Last edited by Manhattanboy; 10-07-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Manhattanboy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 05:58 PM   #302
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatron View Post
I remember them showing Valimaki's family in the 3rd period and saying it was his birthday. I don't remember seeing Dube's family at all during the broadcast, but I was watching on NHL.TV from overseas.
I remembered them mentioning Valimaki's birthday, but I don't remember them showing his family. It must be during my dozing off moment.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:01 PM   #303
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
If I was head of SN I would force their producers to watch hours of NBC coverage to see how real pros do it. And fire Randorf, Cassie, etc.

This obsession with rookie parents is tiring.
Fire Randorf for sure, but Cassie is fine.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:15 PM   #304
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
1. Gaudreau
2. Pettersson
3. Lindholm
Lindholm has the same number of goals and assists except he scored (a) the first goal and (b) the winning goal
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:17 PM   #305
Brick
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I do like Cassie but certainly not Randorf.
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:18 PM   #306
Nsd1
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---Hatrick--- View Post
Little bit off topic, but is “TNT” going to be the new permanent goal song?? Or was that just for the home opener? Because I kinda liked it. And I’m not even an AC/DC fan
https://twitter.com/user/status/1048759235536797696

I assume it will be the new goal song. I like it better than last seasons. I was at the game and the goal song brought in a lot more energy with the fans singing along.
Nsd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nsd1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 06:26 PM   #307
soulchoice
First Line Centre

Exp:

They did show Valamakis family in the third I believe. However I can assure you that if Valamaki or Dube made the impact Petterson did, they would have been mentioned more as well.

I agree with the firing of Randorg, Cassie Campbell and Romanuk, all three are horrible. Let them call international games/womens hockey.
soulchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:33 PM   #308
jessnuts
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
I think this GIF will be a staple going forward:
Finally, our answer to the ducks finger gun guy has revealed himself. We are ready for the playoffs
jessnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to jessnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 07:35 PM   #309
MisterJoji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsd1 View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1048759235536797696

I assume it will be the new goal song. I like it better than last seasons. I was at the game and the goal song brought in a lot more energy with the fans singing along.

I didn’t even notice it last night, but glad they changed it. Righteous Smoke was terrible.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:07 PM   #310
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

A lot of weapons offensively for this team. That game winning shot by Lindholm last night was special. Him and Gaudreau already appear to have chemistry.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:15 PM   #311
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

After watching the highlights again, I was probably too hard on Smith. The stats don't look good, but almost all the goals the Canucks scored were high percentage scoring chances where the Flames made an error.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:36 PM   #312
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
After watching the highlights again, I was probably too hard on Smith. The stats don't look good, but almost all the goals the Canucks scored were high percentage scoring chances where the Flames made an error.
I watched the highlights after reading about the goalie chest protector changes and think the 2nd goal for both teams probably don't go in last year
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 08:50 PM   #313
Bob Loblaw
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteowl View Post
I remembered them mentioning Valimaki's birthday, but I don't remember them showing his family. It must be during my dozing off moment.
Username does not check out
Bob Loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bob Loblaw For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 09:17 PM   #314
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Wide open shooters in great positions. Now can he make a save or two there? Sure, it would look like his save in the third. I think there's room to criticize him, but more on the D zone coverage.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 09:44 PM   #315
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

The "Usher" Cam that the Flames have introduced this year at the Dome is a smashing hit, I gotta say.

The music blasts and the camera just focuses on a random usher stationed at one of the main seating area entrances and they would do a little dance to the delight of the crowd. They really seemed to feed off the crowd. Even the ones not getting camera time were putting the moves on in hopes that the camera got them next.

I dig it, gets them more into the game and interacting with the audience.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:08 PM   #316
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
I watched the highlights after reading about the goalie chest protector changes and think the 2nd goal for both teams probably don't go in last year
Yeah, I get looking at the stat line and not being happy, but I don't fault him for a couple. The one where a stick was lost and the team hemmed in for over a minute and the 5 v 3 goal were understandable. Bottom line he made that save in 3rd when the team needed it.

This team is still working through things and I think they will get better.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:10 PM   #317
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Wide open shooters in great positions. Now can he make a save or two there? Sure, it would look like his save in the third. I think there's room to criticize him, but more on the D zone coverage.
Agreed. Your #1 goalie needs to be at least 50/50 on those high percentage scoring chances over the curse of a season, but he was hung out to dry a few times in the first 2 games. In another game, maybe he saves a couple of those, but hard to blame him every time. I am still a little apprehensive about Smith, but man have they made his job difficult to start the season.

I have faith that things will come together though, at least between the forwards and defense.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:55 PM   #318
drewtastic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaskal View Post
The "Usher" Cam that the Flames have introduced this year at the Dome is a smashing hit, I gotta say.

The music blasts and the camera just focuses on a random usher stationed at one of the main seating area entrances and they would do a little dance to the delight of the crowd. They really seemed to feed off the crowd. Even the ones not getting camera time were putting the moves on in hopes that the camera got them next.

Agreed. Fantastic idea!

...except for the fact that, for the first time in a long time, my section was usher-less all night.

(A very odd situation, given my 15+ years as a STH...especially having gotten to know many of the ushers over the years...perhaps I should’ve filled in...?)
drewtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:45 AM   #319
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
As I said in the other topic the Flames are cruising at an expected save percentage of .900 which is tied with Pittsburgh for the worst. Sure they get credit for allowing the third or fourth fewest shots per game, but Smith is only expected to stop 90% of them given the degree of difficulty they are giving up.

So there's that.

Issue is he's only stopped 83% of them, and none of the damage has been done on the easy ones (100% so far).

Team has to be better absolutely., and Smith has to stop 10-15% more of the tough ones.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2018, 09:59 AM   #320
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't mind if TNT is the new goal song -- especially if the crowd picks it up after each goal. Keeps the juice in the building and is just annoying enough for the opposition. Hopefully they're not just using it the retro jersey games -- it's a slight upgrade over Righteous Smoke IMO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaskal View Post

I was fully expecting them to have a "plant" ready to bust a move (like that dancing t-shirt guy)... the fact that it's just regular joes makes it hilarious too...
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote