Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2019, 07:08 PM   #61
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Just so I understand, you can vote for a person, but then change that vote up to the beginning of night? So by voting earlier you are kinda fishing or leaving false trails or whatever for strategy?

And because we have no info to go on at this point, the first vote is a total shot in the dark? Or is there stuff you can base you first vote on that I am not aware of? And after the first vote the mod has information that can be subtly or overtly given in this thread?

Sorry if you don't want to discuss any of this, that's fine, or Oling can PM me if that is OK. Otherwise I'll stumble around a bit and see how it goes.
Have you played Mafia before?
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:09 PM   #62
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Are we going to discuss who we want the mod to investigate or are we leaving it up to them?
My only concern would be if we get them to investigate themselves? Although I guess they just reveal themselves as a regular townie
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:10 PM   #63
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Having said that, if the mod is a veteran they don’t have to take our advice.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:11 PM   #64
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
My only concern would be if we get them to investigate themselves? Although I guess they just reveal themselves as a regular townie
Mod is a flames fan and can’t investigate themselves. If we picked the mod for investigation they could just pick someone else.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:21 PM   #65
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Mod is a flames fan and can’t investigate themselves. If we picked the mod for investigation they could just pick someone else.
I guess the information isnt disclosed to everyone else. I thought it would look suspicious if they didnt investigate themselves if somehow that was made public
Old 01-21-2019, 07:28 PM   #66
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
I guess the information isnt disclosed to everyone else. I thought it would look suspicious if they didnt investigate themselves if somehow that was made public
Unfortunately no. The only info we get (unless the mod goes public with their info) is when we lynch someone, we get their “card flip” and the card flip if whoever is night killed.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:29 PM   #67
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Unfortunately no. The only info we get (unless the mod goes public with their info) is when we lynch someone, we get their “card flip” and the card flip if whoever is night killed.
That should be “card flip of whoever”
Old 01-21-2019, 07:36 PM   #68
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seeing as it isn't in the spirit of the game to let RNG decide my vote, I am going to vote for Bizaro. Seems like they are trying to direct traffic and strategy a bit too much.
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:37 PM   #69
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

vote: bizaro86
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:47 PM   #70
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Have you played Mafia before?
No, I opened the old game thread a few times when it was being played, but I had no idea what was going on so just ignored it. That's about the extend of my exposure to it before this.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:52 PM   #71
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m not sold on a bizaro or GGG vote this early, both of them were good in previous games. Mrkajz I’m still bitter about when he was scum and no one would listen to me, but I think he’s a quality player. Agulati I think got killed early and didn’t have a chance to contribute much. Devo I think think was helpful but I can’t totally remember. Seb plays an odd game. Puxlut and dissentowner I’ve already mentioned that I feel like they can muddy the waters.

The rest of you I have no idea.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:56 PM   #72
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So then public suggestions should be the way to go, and at least keep a dialogue going.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:03 PM   #73
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just so I understand, you can vote for a person, but then change that vote up to the beginning of night? So by voting earlier you are kinda fishing or leaving false trails or whatever for strategy?

And because we have no info to go on at this point, the first vote is a total shot in the dark? Or is there stuff you can base you first vote on that I am not aware of? And after the first vote the mod has information that can be subtly or overtly given in this thread?

Sorry if you don't want to discuss any of this, that's fine, or Oling can PM me if that is OK. Otherwise I'll stumble around a bit and see how it goes.
Quote:
No, I opened the old game thread a few times when it was being played, but I had no idea what was going on so just ignored it. That's about the extend of my exposure to it before this.
I have Fuzz as pretty strong town here. There is an assumption that the voting is random which comes from a pure town perspective. While an experienced scum could do this or instruct Fuzz to do this I think it is genuine.

Drop it posts something similar in his first post but it’s a short one liner that I don’t have a read on.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:04 PM   #74
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pointing fingers right from the get go, is always an interesting strategy. I'm more interested in those pointing the fingers though. There is currently no basis for suspicions in this particular iteration of the game.

Parallels can be drawn from previous game though, if posting style has changed. It might be a clue. It has been so long since the last game, I just remember GGG posted a lot and that made me think he was mafia previously. I'm not going to be that hasty this time.

I think we are still missing an initial post from Scornfire. How are we proceeding with that? They might still post, but if they don't, do we vote them out, or do they get replaced?
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:05 PM   #75
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm also currently leaning with Fuzz as a townie. I would think mafia again have their own forum as previously. If he was a mafia, he might have been asking those questions in the mafia forum.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:14 PM   #76
Guest1

Could we do a quick poll on the other players to see if we have any other newbies?
Old 01-21-2019, 08:16 PM   #77
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've done one and it was quite a while ago.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:42 PM   #78
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is now Day 1

With 15 posters, it takes 8 votes to ban user prior to deadline. It takes at least 5 votes to ban user at the deadline. A tied vote at deadline results in no banning.

Vote Count:

Votes Hockeyguy15(1): GGG

Votes GGG(1): SebC

Votes crazy_eoj(1): Puxlut

Votes SebC(1): bizaro86

Votes bizaro86(1): Bonded

Votes(0)

Hasn’t Voted (10):
Hockeyguy15, Fuzz, devo22, DropIt, WinnipegFan, mrkajz44, Scornfire, agulati, dissentowner, crazy_eoj

Deadline is Thursday, January 24th at 10:00 PM Mountain Time.

Last edited by Oling_Roachinen; 01-23-2019 at 02:39 PM.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:52 PM   #79
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
This should be fun. Flames fans who gets the Conn Smythe this year?
This is an interesting post. My PM from Oling says to join the official thread and debate whether Bennett wins the Conn Smythe this year.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:02 PM   #80
crazy_eoj
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I’m brand new to the mafia games, I did pop into some of the previous game threads on CP but never participated.

I certainly appreciate the background some of you are providing, particularly previous players and playing styles as I don’t have any reference to previous games. My first inclination would be to vote for people eager to throw shade at others or who aren’t participating much.

Then again a vote for me based on basically nothing is a good reason to vote against someone as well...
crazy_eoj is offline   Reply With Quote