Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2020, 06:31 PM   #181
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Yeah, the same "good authority" the rest of us have: a very strong hint to that effect by the Flames marketing manager on Twitter, which has been reinforced numerous times throughout the season both here and on Reddit.

#insiderrrrrrrrr
Working to confirm
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 06:40 PM   #182
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
That is incorrect. But whatever, Resolute, please continue condescending me at every opportunity you get! I know it pays the bills!
He does it to everyone .
dissentowner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 06:47 PM   #183
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
He does it to everyone .
With impunity seemingly. Must have pictures or something.
Strange Brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 06:53 PM   #184
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
It's not a cheaky response, you just illustrated their discrepancy in icetime.

Mangiapane draws them, Bennett takes them.

Every other stat being equal, one guy will get better situational icetime than the other.

It's just not enough to focus on such a specific aspect of the game without the rest of their contributions. That's always been the mitigating factor in Bennett getting more icetime.
Yeah it is cheeky to be given an interesting slate of chance and production stats and ignore them all and say "now do penalties"

They are different types of players.

Mangiapane deserves the top six role for now for sure. Bennett has never been able to get it done when he was given the opportunities ... be it not happening or not getting a long enough chance.

But Bennett seems to have turned his season around since January 1st. He's back to the guy he was the last two years - the last two games finally showing some finish/luck.

Maybe he's finally stumbled onto a role ... third line center.
Bingo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:16 PM   #185
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No.

Either way, it'll be the best thing ever. I hope they wear the heritage whites whenever the Habs come to town. I also hope they get creative with future alternates.
Yeah, if that is true and we're full retro home and away finally, then go nuts on the experimental thirds. I know there's a whole generation of fans who have grown up on the black C and like all the black in the colour scheme, so can keep them happy with some funky designs and feature a lot of black, I'm good with that as just a 3rd jersey option.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2020, 07:20 PM   #186
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Yeah, if that is true and we're full retro home and away finally, then go nuts on the experimental thirds. I know there's a whole generation of fans who have grown up on the black C and like all the black in the colour scheme, so can keep them happy with some funky designs and feature a lot of black, I'm good with that as just a 3rd jersey option.
The black Horseheads would be nice.
dissentowner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:26 PM   #187
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
That is incorrect. But whatever, Resolute, please continue condescending me at every opportunity you get! I know it pays the bills!
You do understand why you're lighting rod for those type of replies though, right?

Under the same umbrella as your "work to confirm" post. It comes across as a wanna-be insider, weather you intend to or not. The whole switching to retros fulltime has been out there as a rumour for some time, well over a year now. When you come along with a "good authority" post it's like.. yeah.. we know. Without the authority.

My two cents.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:28 PM   #188
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
It's not a cheaky response, you just illustrated their discrepancy in icetime.

Mangiapane draws them, Bennett takes them.

Every other stat being equal, one guy will get better situational icetime than the other.

It's just not enough to focus on such a specific aspect of the game without the rest of their contributions. That's always been the mitigating factor in Bennett getting more icetime.
A better response would have been to provide the penalty numbers instead of asking for someone else to do it.
the2bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:38 PM   #189
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando View Post
You do understand why you're lighting rod for those type of replies though, right?

Under the same umbrella as your "work to confirm" post. It comes across as a wanna-be insider, weather you intend to or not. The whole switching to retros fulltime has been out there as a rumour for some time, well over a year now. When you come along with a "good authority" post it's like.. yeah.. we know. Without the authority.

My two cents.
Blaming Scorp for being on the receiving end of a condescending and rude post? Wish you had taken the time to criticize the author of the offensive post instead.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2020, 07:40 PM   #190
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:

My two cents.
Honestly... I find it pretty comical at this point the great lengths people go to in trying to paint me as taking Calgarypuck too seriously. It's pretty hypocritical.

I heard from a source who works for the Flames that it is all but confirmed that the retros are making a full-time comeback next season. It has nothing to do with tweets. It has nothing to do with any interviews. And the post that I made saying I had it on "good authority" wasn't for you, or for Resolute, or for anybody else other than the poster who I was directly responding to.

At the end of the day, me being a "lightning rod" has absolutely nothing to do with me being an obnoxious "fake insider." It has everything to do with if certain posters like me/my posts or if they don't. I don't care if you like my posts or if you don't like my posts, but let's not pretend that me saying what I said differs in any way from when, say, AC said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
I heard from a reliable source earlier in the year that Vatanen would have been part of the Hall trade to Calgary.

Wouldn't be completely surprised if we pursue him again.
You can argue that my "tone" was different or whatever you please, but at the end of the day, it boils down to your own personal biases against me or in favour of other posters. I guarantee if I was able to go back in time and count up each one of your own unprompted, snippy remarks in response to one of my posts, I would come up with over a hundred of them. Same with Resolute.

So please, continue to chip away at the posters you don't like, but I know that it's incredibly irksome to have to defend such trivial differences in comprehension every day, and if I were a moderator, I would flag posts like Resolute's (and similar ones) for being mean-spirited and obnoxious -- far more detrimental to the boards than the post I made.

And I'm not trying to paint myself as some sort of perfect poster -- god knows I start too many threads and post too much and suck at managing my CPHL team -- but like, would it kill you guys to bite your tongue once in a while before pointing out something I said that you find to be unbecoming of somebody to take seriously?

Last edited by TheScorpion; 02-18-2020 at 09:28 PM. Reason: clarified an error
TheScorpion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:43 PM   #191
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Retros making a full time come back is like a year old. You were probably busy with school or something.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:46 PM   #192
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The difference between AC's post and yours is that (could be wrong) his information hasn't been out there for some time, circulated around. So I think that's where the criticism comes from. Could be wrong there but I hadn't seen that previously.

@Strange Brew, my post was not a promotion of Resolutes, it was simply a question to Scorp. As you've seen above he's an adult who can fight his own battles, and doesn't need your kid gloves
Old 02-18-2020, 07:52 PM   #193
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The difference between AC's post and yours is that (could be wrong) his information hasn't been out there for some time, circulated around. So I think that's where the criticism comes from. Could be wrong there but I hadn't seen that previously.

@Strange Brew, my post was not a promotion of Resolutes, it was simply a question to Scorp. As you've seen above he's an adult who can fight his own battles, and doesn't need your kid gloves
Way to double down. Not sure why you feel the need to start “battles”, as your post was not “simply a question”.

But have at it.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:52 PM   #194
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:

The stuff that's been out there about the jerseys has been very abstract and fluid. Very in the realm of "maybe." Heck, the person behind the original reports back in March was very much noncommittal about the likelihood of the change.

My source is not in the realm of "maybe." It is in the realm of "yes, this is happening, it's just not confirmed/public."

Anyway this is getting very strange and kind of embarrassing.

TheScorpion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:54 PM   #195
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
But have at it.
Thank you! And if I reply to his next post, I'll triple down!
Old 02-18-2020, 07:54 PM   #196
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

My two cents.
Yes the "working to confirm" one was a misstep but I like Scorp's enthusiasm. As an older fan that's been beat down by decades of supporting mediocre/bad franchises there's something nice about seeing younger posters that haven't had their spirits broken go about their business discussing hockey. I don't know if he gets inside information or not but he seems to be putting in a lot of effort, conducts himself well, not getting into arguments or picking on other posters. We shouldn't be ridiculing or chasing away posters like this IMO.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 08:00 PM   #197
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Anyway this is getting very strange and kind of embarrassing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IsS...youtu.be&t=48s
Old 02-18-2020, 08:12 PM   #198
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Quote:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MRCboicgy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2020, 08:27 PM   #199
Johnhitbox
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Breadsticks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johnhitbox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnhitbox For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2020, 08:33 PM   #200
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Yes the "working to confirm" one was a misstep but I like Scorp's enthusiasm. As an older fan that's been beat down by decades of supporting mediocre/bad franchises there's something nice about seeing younger posters that haven't had their spirits broken go about their business discussing hockey. I don't know if he gets inside information or not but he seems to be putting in a lot of effort, conducts himself well, not getting into arguments or picking on other posters. We shouldn't be ridiculing or chasing away posters like this IMO.
This.
This site would be better with more posters like Scorp.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post: