Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-21-2010, 03:21 PM   #21
Komskies
Franchise Player
 
Komskies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

I could be the official treasurer. Basically everybody would give me all of their wealth, and then I could distribute it "properly".
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #22
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: On my metal monster.
Exp:
Default

When is the game coming out anyway? Last I heard was Spring 2011, which would be like March or April 2011. Isn't that when Diablo 3 is supposed to come out, between Spring and Summer 2011. I wouldn't dare go head to head with D3 even if they are two different genre's.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #23
llama64
First Line Centre
 
llama64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: /dev/null
Exp:
Default



Found at: http://www.thereviewcrew.com/e3-2010...s-new-trailer/

Yeah, my pants got tight.
llama64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:24 PM   #24
Coys1882
First Line Centre
 
Coys1882's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Exp:
Default

I want to believe that another MMO not WOW can survive - but I've heard the horror stories of Star Trek and been burned by Warhammer and Conan.

What are the chances?
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:37 PM   #25
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets
 
Hemi-Cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: slightly to the left
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
I want to believe that another MMO not WOW can survive - but I've heard the horror stories of Star Trek and been burned by Warhammer and Conan.

What are the chances?
BioWare







they won't screw this up
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 04:37 PM   #26
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets
 
Hemi-Cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: slightly to the left
Exp:
Default

oh and on a completely random note, searching for Mass Effect pictures turned this up



god i love Google
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #27
Esoteric
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Esoteric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
When is the game coming out anyway? Last I heard was Spring 2011, which would be like March or April 2011. Isn't that when Diablo 3 is supposed to come out, between Spring and Summer 2011. I wouldn't dare go head to head with D3 even if they are two different genre's.
As big as Blizzard and Diablo are, I think this game has a ton of things going for it that won't impact sales, no matter what game it goes up against.

Bioware has one of the best track records in the gaming industry, and sales to match it. KOTOR is widely considered to be one of the best games of all time, and by leveraging the Star Wars brand this game will sell a ton of copies. I really believe that this game is going to do well and be the first MMO to really put a dent into the World of Warcraft consumer base.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:32 PM   #28
narbeZ
Lifetime Suspension
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Exp:
Default

I'm one of those guys who ISN't going to be a jedi. I would want to be just a normal man like that elite in the Video. Bounty hunter sounds about right.

That trailer gives me intense goosebumps.
narbeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #29
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets
 
Hemi-Cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: slightly to the left
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narbeZ View Post
I'm one of those guys who ISN't going to be a jedi. I would want to be just a normal man like that elite in the Video. Bounty hunter sounds about right.

That trailer gives me intense goosebumps.
as long as the balance the classes well, i'm thinking along that line as well. i'm just worried that since the Sith and Jedi will no doubt be the most popular classes at launch, they may get more attention put into their development than other classes and end up overpowered. hopefully with Bioware putting so much effort into the individual class stories though that can be avoided
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:08 PM   #30
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets
 
Hemi-Cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: slightly to the left
Exp:
Default

can we embed GameTrailer videos? they always have the best HD versions up

Jedi vs. Sith

these trailers look better than any of the prequel movies
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 08:20 PM   #31
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!
 
Torture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Exp:
Default

I haven't played an MMO since I got addicted to WoW at release, (Nor have I wanted to) but this looks like something that could even be fun for those of us that no longer want to pour our lives into leveling up in a video game.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:32 PM   #32
Blaster86
UnModerator
 
Blaster86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia.
Exp:
Default

Much like the 40k MMO, I plan to play this entirely in character all the time to see how many people I can annoy.

Let them release it against D3. I bet there are more Star Wars nerds than Diablo fans.
__________________

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR EVERYBODY HERE TONIGHT.
WHO WANTS TO WALK WITH ELIAS?

Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:02 PM   #33
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: On my metal monster.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Much like the 40k MMO, I plan to play this entirely in character all the time to see how many people I can annoy.

Let them release it against D3. I bet there are more Star Wars nerds than Diablo fans.
I would love to see the numbers. I know there'd be a ton of Star Wars fans, but Diablo 2 is still a good selling game to this date, and it has been out for ages.

I will definitely play D3 more, but this game really intrigues me as long as they put enough content in it.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #34
Blaster86
UnModerator
 
Blaster86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
I would love to see the numbers. I know there'd be a ton of Star Wars fans, but Diablo 2 is still a good selling game to this date, and it has been out for ages.

I will definitely play D3 more, but this game really intrigues me as long as they put enough content in it.
Diablo 2 was a great game, but the Diablo series no where near as long-lived as Warcraft and no where near the sales and world-wide acclaim of Starcraft. It was and continues to be the weaker sister of the Blizzard franchises, and I don't expect this to change with another sequel. Putting it up against something as huge as Star Wars, I just don't think the good folks at Bioware are too worried.

I expect The Old Republic to not only get better publicity, but factoring in Activision tampering, better reviews.

I will get flak for saying this and it kind of depresses me as a fan of the first two games, but I am genuinely expecting D3 to be a bust. The changes that Activision is seemingly forcing on Blizzard products (early releases, changes that are incredibly unpopular with the fan-base) is really taking away punch from what was an amazing game developer.
__________________

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR EVERYBODY HERE TONIGHT.
WHO WANTS TO WALK WITH ELIAS?

Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:34 PM   #35
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: On my metal monster.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Diablo 2 was a great game, but the Diablo series no where near as long-lived as Warcraft and no where near the sales and world-wide acclaim of Starcraft. It was and continues to be the weaker sister of the Blizzard franchises, and I don't expect this to change with another sequel. Putting it up against something as huge as Star Wars, I just don't think the good folks at Bioware are too worried.

I expect The Old Republic to not only get better publicity, but factoring in Activision tampering, better reviews.

I will get flak for saying this and it kind of depresses me as a fan of the first two games, but I am genuinely expecting D3 to be a bust. The changes that Activision is seemingly forcing on Blizzard products (early releases, changes that are incredibly unpopular with the fan-base) is really taking away punch from what was an amazing game developer.
I'll respectively disagree. D3 will sell millions and will be anything but a bust. Right now the only thing that annoys me are the WoW style graphics, but I am sure I'll get used to it and Blizzard will make it worse. And I doubt Activision will have any say on the game. They may be partners, but Blizzard isn't going to let Activision eff up D3 or Starcraft 2.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:53 PM   #36
Blaster86
UnModerator
 
Blaster86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
I'll respectively disagree. D3 will sell millions and will be anything but a bust. Right now the only thing that annoys me are the WoW style graphics, but I am sure I'll get used to it and Blizzard will make it worse. And I doubt Activision will have any say on the game. They may be partners, but Blizzard isn't going to let Activision eff up D3 or Starcraft 2.

Except they already have when it comes to Starcraft. SC2 would apparently have been ready months ago but Activision execs demanded needless changes to the Battle.Net system to turn it into a needless catch-all that would help them monitor gamers, much in the same way spy-ware monitors websites you visit. They pushed for the game not to be released until the system was ready. This will affect Diablo as well.

Breaking SC2 into three seperate games was also apparently an Activision idea, not that it really bugs me, but in the Blizzard community it's about as popular as dog crap on the shoe.

Activision's execs also pushed WotLK out months early to cash in on the Holiday season rush as opposed to a Summer release and from what people are saying Cataclysm will suffer the same fate.

Activision does have say in Blizzard games now, and it has been noticeable.

Diablo 3 will sell well on grounds that it is Diablo, but I think it will be rife with flaws and errors and will not approach the sales of the previous game or any of the other Blizzard games.
__________________

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR EVERYBODY HERE TONIGHT.
WHO WANTS TO WALK WITH ELIAS?

Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:59 PM   #37
narbeZ
Lifetime Suspension
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Exp:
Default

I've watched that trailer at least 20 times now (not lying). on the 13th time, I started getting a LOTR vibe. Its weird...I kinda like it.
narbeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:56 PM   #38
CaptainCrunch
Norm!
 
CaptainCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Exp:
Default

Not to nerd out, but that trailer shows Darth Malek and Darth Reven, and the woman Jedi looks like Bastilla. So it looks like they're showing the events pre KOTOR before Reven was betrayed by Malek.

for anyone that's thats interested in some of the post KOTOR Sith history there was a trilogy of books based around Darth Bane and Darth Zannah who destroyed the Sith order and re-enacted the rule of two.
__________________
There are brave men outside of our gates, lets go kill them
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:00 AM   #39
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player
 
Yeah_Baby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hosting a French Salon.
Exp:
Default

Bastilla did have the Exer Kun type lightsaber.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
To be fair, Yeah_Baby is the resident hipster, he only likes the Flames ironically.
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:15 AM   #40
GreenLantern
One of the Nine
 
GreenLantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Space Sector 2814
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Diablo 2 was a great game, but the Diablo series no where near as long-lived as Warcraft and no where near the sales and world-wide acclaim of Starcraft. It was and continues to be the weaker sister of the Blizzard franchises, and I don't expect this to change with another sequel. Putting it up against something as huge as Star Wars, I just don't think the good folks at Bioware are too worried.

I expect The Old Republic to not only get better publicity, but factoring in Activision tampering, better reviews.

I will get flak for saying this and it kind of depresses me as a fan of the first two games, but I am genuinely expecting D3 to be a bust. The changes that Activision is seemingly forcing on Blizzard products (early releases, changes that are incredibly unpopular with the fan-base) is really taking away punch from what was an amazing game developer.
Diablo suffered in number of followers I believe because of UO. Initially it did very well and sold a lot of copies, but by the fall of the next year UO was out and a lot of people (like myself) made the switch over and never looked back. UO was basicall Diablo without rules and a persistent world.. so essentially it was a "better version" of the game.

So WC1 didn't have a superior game to compete with, neither did SC1.. Diablo did, directly.

Diablo 2 releases in 2000 when UO was starting to wind down a bit, but by then there was already so many other games out it just didn't matter.

Now I understand that Diablo was primarily a single player game etc.. but its multiplayer feature became VERY popular and because of this it was directly compared to early MMO's, it was also seen as a sort of trail blazer or stepping stone. Over from MUDS and ICQ chat rooms to battle.net to UO to EQ etc...

I think D3 will do well, but the Diablo series is a far cry from the Warcraft or Starcraft series. This is of course me going off of my experience with the game and similar gamers, I have not bothered to google any type of facts. Someone with more time could do so and settle the argument quickly.
__________________
"In brightest day, in blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!"
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:33 PM.

Calgary Flames
2017-18




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016