Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2022, 12:40 PM   #5241
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoiler!
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 12:44 PM   #5242
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Apparently Amazon is making a Fallout series, Walter Goggins is attached. That makes me incredibly happy. Despite some of the game crashing bugs that persist Fallout 4 is one of my favourite games.

Last edited by FormerPresJamesTaylor; 03-31-2022 at 01:28 PM.
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 02:14 PM   #5243
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post

Spoiler!
That already came out in 1994

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aura_Interactor

Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2022, 08:29 PM   #5244
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm about 3/4 into Horizon Forbidden West and it's starting to be a grind. There's just something about this game that feels a smidgen underwhelming. It's not a bad game, in fact it's technically a very good game. It's basically AC in Horizon clothing as it has all the same strengths and weaknesses as an AC game in that there's a big map and a massive amount of side missions but and it can become repetitive and boring if you try to take on too many of those side missions. The animations are some of the best I have seen in any game and there are some good stories but for me it's missing something.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 09:05 AM   #5245
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

I've been playing The Show 22 all weekend and man, the game is an excellent upgrade on last year. Game plays much smoother, the new presentation and especially the new commentary team gave this franchise a much needed boost. I mean, I play ot year round anyway, but this should draw some people who left back in. The game now ships with full minor (AAA, AA and a few A players). There are no fake players anywhere. There are a few guys missing that didn't play in the MLB last year, but I suspect they'll release new rosters in the next week-10 days.
Old 04-04-2022, 09:21 AM   #5246
Jay's Beagle
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I'm about 3/4 into Horizon Forbidden West and it's starting to be a grind. There's just something about this game that feels a smidgen underwhelming. It's not a bad game, in fact it's technically a very good game. It's basically AC in Horizon clothing as it has all the same strengths and weaknesses as an AC game in that there's a big map and a massive amount of side missions but and it can become repetitive and boring if you try to take on too many of those side missions. The animations are some of the best I have seen in any game and there are some good stories but for me it's missing something.
I just beat it last night. There was a portion in the middle that was very grindy/ kind've a slog. I have one last trophy before I get platinum. I found the things they spent a lot of effort on they shied away from when it came to trophies (example. Legendary gear, you really don't need it to complete the game and the trophy for upgrading gear is literally upgrade any three outfits).

I definitely agree with your last point, something is missing.
Jay's Beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 10:08 AM   #5247
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay's Beagle View Post
I just beat it last night. There was a portion in the middle that was very grindy/ kind've a slog. I have one last trophy before I get platinum. I found the things they spent a lot of effort on they shied away from when it came to trophies (example. Legendary gear, you really don't need it to complete the game and the trophy for upgrading gear is literally upgrade any three outfits).

I definitely agree with your last point, something is missing.
I just finished it last night as well. Eventually I just gave up the grind of trying to complete all the side missions and stuck to the main story. Ending was good and bad as I would have liked a bit more of a challenge and more closure rather than focusing on the enemy to be faced in the next sequel. Despite having numerous weapons at your disposal I found a lot of them useless and finished the game nearly exclusively using a bow and spike thrower as that combination took down everything relatively easy. I recall using the tripcaster a lot in the first game but barely needed to use it in this one. The production values were definitely the highlight of the game and hopefully in the next game they focus a little more on gameplay as this was a good but not very memorable game.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 04-04-2022 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-04-2022, 03:13 PM   #5248
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2022, 03:27 PM   #5249
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Dunno if I can play it without a pixelated look!
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2022, 07:35 PM   #5250
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Dunno if I can play it without a pixelated look!
I have this thing sitting on my kitchen table right now. I think it originally went on sale back in 2020 lol.

EDIT: Huh, it's actually kinda valuable?

The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2022, 07:51 PM   #5251
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
I have this thing sitting on my kitchen table right now. I think it originally went on sale back in 2020 lol.

EDIT: Huh, it's actually kinda valuable?

Damn, that's awesome.

I'm super jealous.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 09:24 AM   #5252
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I just finished it last night as well. Eventually I just gave up the grind of trying to complete all the side missions and stuck to the main story. Ending was good and bad as I would have liked a bit more of a challenge and more closure rather than focusing on the enemy to be faced in the next sequel. Despite having numerous weapons at your disposal I found a lot of them useless and finished the game nearly exclusively using a bow and spike thrower as that combination took down everything relatively easy. I recall using the tripcaster a lot in the first game but barely needed to use it in this one. The production values were definitely the highlight of the game and hopefully in the next game they focus a little more on gameplay as this was a good but not very memorable game.
I finished it last week and was finishing off a few things and thought "maybe I should try platinuming this since I'm close". Checked the trophy list and found "Scan All Machines". I'm sitting at 97%. This includes the final boss so if you didn't scan that you have to replay the whole game. I don't have time for that.

I did love the game though. A bit of a grind with some of the climbing and the Relic Ruins / puzzles were a bit annoying. The first game was probably a 10/10 for me. This one would be an 8/10. Super fun but the story wasn't as good.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 09:35 AM   #5253
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
I finished it last week and was finishing off a few things and thought "maybe I should try platinuming this since I'm close". Checked the trophy list and found "Scan All Machines". I'm sitting at 97%. This includes the final boss so if you didn't scan that you have to replay the whole game. I don't have time for that.

I did love the game though. A bit of a grind with some of the climbing and the Relic Ruins / puzzles were a bit annoying. The first game was probably a 10/10 for me. This one would be an 8/10. Super fun but the story wasn't as good.
Yeah 8/10 is fair and what I would probably give it as well. It's not as good as the first one and more equivalent to a good AC game. Cut scenes definitely stood out as some of the best I've seen and the voice acting was top notch.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2022, 04:25 PM   #5254
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

For all you original Max Payne fans, Remedy and Rockstar have announced a Max Payne 1 & 2 remake to be developed by Remedy and funded by Rockstar.

https://www.comingsoon.net/games/new...rockstar-games
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2022, 10:51 PM   #5255
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
Should be fixed, nice to see they're keeping it updated. Probably get NG+ at some point too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2022, 11:08 PM   #5256
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
For all you original Max Payne fans, Remedy and Rockstar have announced a Max Payne 1 & 2 remake to be developed by Remedy and funded by Rockstar.

https://www.comingsoon.net/games/new...rockstar-games
HUGE sigh of relief when I saw Remedy was doing the development. Imagine the GTA SA remake’s graphics applied to Max Payne. I’d cry.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2022, 07:58 AM   #5257
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

The new LEGO Star Wars is pretty good, tried and true gameplay, more things to collect than you can even imagine. Huge game since it covers all of the movies, tons of hidden puzzles and stuff.

The game does feel somewhat modernized over previous LEGO games. You can do combos in combat, block and counter.. or just button mash, it's a LEGO game. You get full control of the camera making it easier to find secrets and stuff.

It looks great. Lots of humour all throughout.

Nothing revolutionary, but it takes the LEGO game formula to its peak.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2022, 11:04 AM   #5258
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
The new LEGO Star Wars is pretty good, tried and true gameplay, more things to collect than you can even imagine. Huge game since it covers all of the movies, tons of hidden puzzles and stuff.

The game does feel somewhat modernized over previous LEGO games. You can do combos in combat, block and counter.. or just button mash, it's a LEGO game. You get full control of the camera making it easier to find secrets and stuff.

It looks great. Lots of humour all throughout.

Nothing revolutionary, but it takes the LEGO game formula to its peak.
Can you play couch co-operative 2 players like the old ones? My son is 14 now, and we used to play all of the Lego games together. We decided that if this game has co-op we'd get it and play together for old times sake. We never play video games together anymore so I'd really like that.
Old 04-07-2022, 01:17 PM   #5259
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh ####! #### yeah!

https://twitter.com/user/status/1512088449783721987
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2022, 09:32 PM   #5260
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
Can you play couch co-operative 2 players like the old ones? My son is 14 now, and we used to play all of the Lego games together. We decided that if this game has co-op we'd get it and play together for old times sake. We never play video games together anymore so I'd really like that.
It's coop just like the old ones. Been playing it tonight with my two boys and it's a blast.