Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2020, 01:06 PM   #3181
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I haven't put as much time into a game as Hades since Divinity: Original Sin 2. For what it is I think it's approaching masterpiece level.

Glad Animal Crossing got on the list too.
Old 11-18-2020, 01:35 PM   #3182
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Yea a game hasn't hooked me like Hades did for a long time. I've got over 100 hours in it, gotten every achievement, finally beat Hades himself with the 4th level Extreme Measures pact, so I really don't have any reason to keep playing. But yet I still have that urge to fire it up
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2020, 01:38 PM   #3183
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Does anyone think Ghost of Tsushima for PS4 might come down in price after the Christmas season? With the GoTY nomination I'm considering picking it up, but not sure I want to spend the $80 on it now if it might come down later.
Old 11-18-2020, 01:41 PM   #3184
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
Does anyone think Ghost of Tsushima for PS4 might come down in price after the Christmas season? With the GoTY nomination I'm considering picking it up, but not sure I want to spend the $80 on it now if it might come down later.
I saw in Best Buy’s flyer it will be $50 next week for Black Friday.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2020, 01:41 PM   #3185
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
All right - Best Buy here I come!
Old 11-18-2020, 06:47 PM   #3186
Ragnar
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is a mess. Played around 14 hours so far, encountering bug after bug, albeit rather small so the gameplay is still somewhat enjoyable. This afternoon I log on to find 8 hours of saved data just.. gone? In that lost time I had manual saved and autosaved multiple times. Checked the Ubisoft forum and this is happening to loads of people, in addition to gamebreaking bugs which thankfully I never experienced.

Ubisoft has stated they will fix the issue in the upcoming weeks, but I don't imagine they will be able to retrieve lost data. So why the **** would I have any interest in playing this game anymore if I have to slog through 8 hours of crap I've already done?

No refund either so Ubisoft can get bent.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 07:13 PM   #3187
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Assassin's Creed Valhalla is a mess. Played around 14 hours so far, encountering bug after bug, albeit rather small so the gameplay is still somewhat enjoyable. This afternoon I log on to find 8 hours of saved data just.. gone? In that lost time I had manual saved and autosaved multiple times. Checked the Ubisoft forum and this is happening to loads of people, in addition to gamebreaking bugs which thankfully I never experienced.

Ubisoft has stated they will fix the issue in the upcoming weeks, but I don't imagine they will be able to retrieve lost data. So why the **** would I have any interest in playing this game anymore if I have to slog through 8 hours of crap I've already done?

This is happening with Watch Dogs Legion as well
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 07:40 PM   #3188
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Walmart has it on for this price right now FYI.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 07:49 PM   #3189
Ragnar
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
This is happening with Watch Dogs Legion as well
Ubisoft Connect must be having a meltdown. All this cross-platform/generation save malarkey has imploded me thinks.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:06 PM   #3190
sleepingmoose
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
Walmart has it on for this price right now FYI.
Thanks for the tip, I headed over there right away - unfortunately it's out of stock already.
sleepingmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 08:06 PM   #3191
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:

After the mess that Unity was at launch I don't know why anyone would buy an AC game at launch. You're just paying for the privilege of being a beta tester at that point. I will say the AC games are pretty great 6 months after release when all the bugs are fixed and you can buy it for half price
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 08:18 PM   #3192
Ragnar
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
After the mess that Unity was at launch I don't know why anyone would buy an AC game at launch. You're just paying for the privilege of being a beta tester at that point. I will say the AC games are pretty great 6 months after release when all the bugs are fixed and you can buy it for half price
Yep I shoulda done more research. What a fool I am to expect an $80 game to work properly on release. Lesson learned I guess.

Last edited by Ragnar; 11-18-2020 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-19-2020, 06:09 AM   #3193
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
I just started it yesterday but I totally forgot how AC games are always a mess the first couple months. Usually I play them a year after release so my experiences are usually bug free, however I'm only playing Valhalla right away since my buddy bought it and I get it for free via game sharing. I think I might hold off a bit until it gets patched just so I don't encounter a possible lost game. Plenty of other games in the backlog to keep me busy until then.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:31 AM   #3194
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I guess my GOTY is Disco Elysium.
Seconded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 08:29 AM   #3195
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been patiently waiting for the console version of Disco Elysium. IMO this was a pretty poor year for gaming overall and I probably have to anoint Doom as the best game I played this year followed by Nioh 2 and Ghost of Tsushima. A deeply flawed game like TLOU2 is likely going to sweep GOTY awards but at the end of the day there just wasn't enough big name competition to take down the hype train of the title.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 08:40 AM   #3196
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are they releasing a console version? It's not a game that would normally lend itself to a console but I guess it could work.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:12 AM   #3197
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Last of Us and Ghost of Tsushima are up at amazon for $40 and $50 respectively.

Matching Bestbuy and Walmart sales I think. "Might" be cheaper for Black Friday but who knows.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EDIT:

Horizon and God of War $9.99 (They're also on Amazon now).

https://www.ebgames.ca/PS4/Games/724515/god-of-war

https://www.ebgames.ca/Platform/Games/739426

Last edited by chemgear; 11-19-2020 at 09:16 AM.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2020, 09:37 AM   #3198
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah it's pretty hard to see why someone wouldn't buy those for 9.99, if you haven't played them.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:48 AM   #3199
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Are they releasing a console version? It's not a game that would normally lend itself to a console but I guess it could work.
Pretty sure it's in development for consoles. Was supposed to be released this quarter but I imagine it will get pushed into 2021.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:54 AM   #3200
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
I want The Last of Us Part II to win, because I want to see internet nerds absolutely explode.
It's going to win all the different GOTY awards and as much as I disagree with it I also accept that lots of people liked it and beneath its flaws there is some brilliance even if the whole isn't equal to the sum of its parts. In another year I may be more disappointed that more deserving titles didn't get their just due but this year really lacked games that screamed GOTY-worthy so it is what it is and I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it.