Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #81
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 12-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #82
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love afternoon games - prime time over here - and a win!!!
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnet Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #83
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here are the highlights:

Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #84
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nice to see Horak get back on stride. I didn't think they would compete so well with the Marlies as they are a bigger and tougher team, especially with us missing such guys as Bouma, Aliu, and Ferland, nice win.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #85
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

Loved the hit and goal by Horak, guys gettin some swagger. This confidence will be huge for him when hes back up in the big leagues
indes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #86
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Finally back on track, woot!
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #87
Gravitykillr
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
I think they've been pretty fair with their complements to Brust saying he could be a late bloomer and could be in the Flames plans. Anytime you are mentioned with Johnny Bower, it's a complement. I'd like to see him given a shot at our backup position if the season ever starts. I'm not sold on Ramo being our goalie of the future either.
I agree they were pretty fair for hte most part but that particular part of the broadcast came across as sour grapes to me, and then rate after about how Euro's shouldn't be allowed to play in the CHL was a bit much for me. Otherwise I thought they did a good job
Gravitykillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #88
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitykillr View Post
I agree they were pretty fair for hte most part but that particular part of the broadcast came across as sour grapes to me, and then rate after about how Euro's shouldn't be allowed to play in the CHL was a bit much for me. Otherwise I thought they did a good job
IIRC the rant was brought on by the lack of star Canadian goalies being developed. Goalies take longer and they were trying to come up with a solution to help their development by banning Euro goalies. I don't know if we have too many Euro goalies or not but if it's a problem, it should be addressed.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #89
moon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
IIRC the rant was brought on by the lack of star Canadian goalies being developed. Goalies take longer and they were trying to come up with a solution to help their development by banning Euro goalies. I don't know if we have too many Euro goalies or not but if it's a problem, it should be addressed.
Not that this is the thread to address it in but I do think this is a vastly overrated issue in Canadian Hockey right now.

Canada is doing fine developing goalies it just is that we aren't insanely dominate like were we in the past.
moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #90
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Can't buy that argument - if it takes longer to develop goalies, then it must take longer to develop them in Europe as well.

If we are short of goalies, it is because we are not developing anough of them (or, maybe it's just a slow period, a statistical ebb - which is more likely).

Instead of trying to institute a protectionist program, let's work harder at developing more of them.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #91
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Can't buy that argument - if it takes longer to develop goalies, then it must take longer to develop them in Europe as well.

If we are short of goalies, it is because we are not developing anough of them (or, maybe it's just a slow period, a statistical ebb - which is more likely).

Instead of trying to institute a protectionist program, let's work harder at developing more of them.
the problem isn't the goaltenders we are developing, its that the rest of the world is catching up.

We had an unbelievable number of goaltenders coming out of Quebec due to the popularity of Patrick Roy, since Dominik Hasek we have started seeing the same in European goaltenders. We have also started seeing more defensemen come out of Europe since Lidstrom became a star as well. Now whether or not these players have inspired a new generation of players, or NHL teams are simply expanding their scouting to these areas is hard to say, but it is most definitely part of the progression of the game.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alberta_Beef For This Useful Post:

Tags
ahl , gdt , heat , marlies