Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2016, 02:54 PM   #1121
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Interestingly as well, the McShane character also tells us that the lord of light, the old gods and the new might all be the same thing.

We have heard this now from several spiritual characters on the show and it feels like we've heard it more frequently in the last season than we have previously.

At this point, the theology of the realm is the most interesting aspect for me.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #1122
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi View Post
I would support the theory that maybe Arya was Jaqen if it made any sense at all... which it doesn't.
Agreed. You'd have to believe that Jaqen devised a test where, if she passed, she would kill him swiftly and definitively.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:22 PM   #1123
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

The last two episodes of this season are both directed by the same guy who directed Hardhome.

My body is ready
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2016, 11:28 PM   #1124
Knut

Exp:

Spoiler!

The link contains very convincing evidence about a Arya theory. Show only information but some may not want to see it.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2016, 06:28 AM   #1125
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
To be contrary, I think that Arya was Jaqen.

Different clothes, different mannerism, different attitude, almost flaunting a come get me flag. I think that was a test of the waif rather than of Arya. Would the waif show mercy. She failed.
I never thought about this possibility at the time, but I think you nailed it. I thought she was acting very strange though and this makes a ton of sense.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 07:05 AM   #1126
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

FWIW, here are my predictions:

1. I know others have chimed in on this too, but there's no way in hell that was Arya. She's learned too much and isn't stupid: she would never prance around town, throwing money around all carefree. She knows they're going to come after her. Plus, she didn't have Needle with her when she was attacked. It just seems really out of character. I think it's the Many Faced God dude, testing the waif to see if she follows through with her orders, which she doesn't. He said to kill Arya, which she didn't, and to cause her no pain, which she also failed in as she twister the dagger.

2. I think that the next big character death we're going to see is Cersei. I think she's putting far too much confidence in the Mountain to win her trial by combat. When Jamie told her he didn't want to leave, she so nonchalantly told him that she would be fine in the trial by combat because she has the Mountain. I'm betting the Mountain gets defeated, and Cersei finds herself in exactly the same position that she put Tyrion in, but she won't have her father or Jamie to save her.

Last edited by Nyah; 06-09-2016 at 07:56 AM.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nyah For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2016, 07:35 AM   #1127
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'm pretty sure we're going to see someone get their head ripped off SubZero style next episode.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:36 AM   #1128
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Episode 9 is called Battle of the Bast*rds.

Eeeeeeeeee!!!
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 07:51 AM   #1129
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
Episode 9 is called Battle of the Bast*rds.

Eeeeeeeeee!!!
I don't think this is spoilery, but just in case you've been warned:

Spoiler!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2016, 10:12 AM   #1130
mac_82
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
FWIW, here are my predictions:

2. I think that the next big character death we're going to see is Cersei. I think she's putting far too much confidence in the Mountain to win her trial by combat. When Jamie told her he didn't want to leave, she so nonchalantly told him that she would be fine in the trial by combat because she has the Mountain. I'm betting the Mountain gets defeated, and Cersei finds herself in exactly the same position that she put Tyrion in, but she won't have her father or Jamie to save her.
I think her time is coming up as well. But not until after Tommen dies. Because of the flashback prophecy from when she was younger, it sounds like she will see all 3 of her children die. 2 down, 1 to go.
mac_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mac_82 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2016, 10:24 AM   #1131
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the grandma is in trouble. She's not getting out in time.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to V For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2016, 10:37 AM   #1132
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Yeah, grandma is one of the best characters. Hope she makes it out. Can't really see her getting there though: Cersei knows that she's even weaker without grandma around to take some heat.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:39 AM   #1133
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Introducing and killing off Ian McShane in a single episode automatically makes that the best and worst episode of the series thus far.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:53 AM   #1134
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
I think the grandma is in trouble. She's not getting out in time.
I dont know, the Lannister army is committed elsewhere, werent all of the troops that came to save Loris and Margary the Tyrell's?

So she may not make it out in time but the forces in the City are loyal to her.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:00 AM   #1135
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
I don't think this is spoilery, but just in case you've been warned:

Spoiler!
Heres a question in regards to that:

Spoiler!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 06-09-2016, 11:06 AM   #1136
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

I don't think the Winterfell battle will be too epic. But Jamie has some serious pride issues going on down at Riverrun. I think that will be the epic battle as he throws everything against the Blackfish. (And I think, loses)
Old 06-09-2016, 11:10 AM   #1137
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

One thing I was thinking about, which might not make the best sense, but who was Sansa writing to ask for help? I'm assuming it was Littlefinger, but she now knows that the Blackfish is alive and has a force. Maybe, just maybe, she's contacting him? I don't see the Blackfish leaving Riverrun, but what if they play the slow con where they surrender Riverrun, go help take Winterfell, then the force united returns to Riverrun?
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:12 AM   #1138
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaGuy View Post
I don't think the Winterfell battle will be too epic. But Jamie has some serious pride issues going on down at Riverrun. I think that will be the epic battle as he throws everything against the Blackfish. (And I think, loses)
I agree. Jamie has never struck me as being exceptionally good at anything other than swordfighting and now not even that.

Why is he leading an army at a siege? Has he ever done that before? Is he a particularly good military tactician?

He seems to have gone off the deep end with the "we'll kill everyone who isnt us" rhetoric, but I dont see either him or the Lannisters having the clout to back that up.

If it was Tywin it would be one thing, or even the Lannister who is hand of the King, he seems like he knows whats what, but Jamie?

I think Jamie and Cersei have bitten off more than they can chew and are going to wind up choking on it. The Lannisters have wasted so much time and money buying their way out of trouble that they've created with their own idiocy that at this point they seem spent.

Old 06-09-2016, 11:15 AM   #1139
AltaGuy

Exp:

Yeah, seems like a big loss for Jamie will basically do in the Lannisters as a powerful house. Until Tyrion shows up as Hand of the Queen or whatever and rebuilds it.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:19 AM   #1140
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it's time for the Lanisters to get some wins, so when they fall they have farther to go down.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote