Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2024, 09:58 PM   #1
Ferarri
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Thank You Miikka Kiprusoff

Got home a little late and just saw the ceremony and wanted to share my thoughts.

Thank You Kipper for making it “cool” to be a Flames fan again. Noodles mentioned it in his speech how you came to Calgary with a calm confidence that was defined by a coolness factor. As a younger generation fan who didn’t witness the 80’s, being a flames fan as a kid was rough during the dark years. Kipper, you made it cool to wear the flaming C and inspired a new generation of fans.

Thank You for your on-ice contributions and the memories that can never be erased. Your dynamic confidence and unreal saves left fans saying “wow” on so many occasions. From the acrobatic moves, the ice running through your veins and the calm demeanor after a goal let players and fans know that it was okay and that we had a chance every night.

Thank You for your love of the community and embracing the City of Calgary. You inspired a generation of fans, both young and old, and adopted Calgary as your home. You came from a far away place but always let the city and fans know that this organization held a special place in your heart.

Thank You for your charitable contributions towards various initiatives around the city. Tonight was a perfect example of how you aspired to help others demonstrated through your generous gift to minor hockey. Even though you probably preferred to keep that anonymous, it shows how you loved the city and wanted to encourage kids to pursue their dreams and make it to the NHL.

Thank You for allowing us to celebrate you. Over the years you gave us so many fond memories, especially the 04-cup run, and it seems fitting that we could honor you at the Saddledome. Being a quiet man who didn’t necessarily enjoy the spotlight, Thank You for giving us the chance to show you how much you meant to us as fans and a city. We will never forget you and the #34 is now in its rightful home.

Mikka, it’s been a pleasure. Thank You from the C of red.

Last edited by Ferarri; 03-02-2024 at 10:00 PM.
Ferarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 10:07 PM   #2
JurassicTunga12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well said.

Thank you, Kipper! Forever a legend in Calgary!
JurassicTunga12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 11:00 PM   #3
Ferarri
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Amazing segment on after hours so far.
Ferarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 11:31 PM   #4
HalifaxDrunk
#2 960 Prankster

Exp:

Tonight was beautiful! It was an amazing night for an amazing player and human!

Thank you so much for 9 years of on-ice Flames hockey Miikka! It means so much more to us all than just numbers and stats (which are phenomenal), it was an amazing ride.
HalifaxDrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 11:33 PM   #5
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great to see Kipper back in Calgary.

So happy that Calgary was able to give him a win!

Thanks for the memories Kipper!
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 11:40 PM   #6
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

Kipper gave me shivers some night in how good he was.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 11:50 PM   #7
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarywinning View Post
Kipper gave me shivers some night in how good he was.
Kipper had that very talent where you could tell 10 minutes into a game that he was not going to let in a goal. Like as a fan, you could watch the flames go into a 3rd period with a 1-0 lead and be perfectly comfortable. You just knew the game was already over and you could put it in the win column. It was hilarious watching so many teams get so frustrated by Kipper. Minnesota especially comes to mind. Kipper would completely shut the door while iggy would put up 2 goals. Pretty sure Iggy finished his career with more points against Minnesota than anyone else.
stemit14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stemit14 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2024, 12:09 AM   #8
Cortez
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Such a woundeful night at the dome. The memories that came rushing back was worth the price of admission.

I couldn't make it to Iggys's retirement but was lucky enough to be there tonight. Kipper was such a huge part of my insane fandom growing up that it honestly brought a tear to my eye.

Not even sure why I am typing this but what an absolute legend Kipper is and just really thankful I got to grow up watching him.

Confident in saying there will never be another one like him.
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cortez For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2024, 12:12 AM   #9
FlatLandFlamesFan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Night after night amazing save one after another
After years of having no great goalie we got the best of the best

All hail the KING!
FlatLandFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote