Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2017, 12:33 AM   #81
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

If someone was to be a huge surprise and make the team for opening night it could be a guy like Lomberg.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:00 AM   #82
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
If someone was to be a huge surprise and make the team for opening night it could be a guy like Lomberg.
My Brother told me that Lomberg said in an interview that "Everyone seems to have their gloves sewn on this year". Seems he's been looking for someone to fight in order to distinguish himself. He's got a ton of guts, especially for a guy his size.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:09 AM   #83
the-rasta-masta
First Line Centre

Exp:

The most nhl ready players on the ice tonight were Jankowski and Klimchuk. Klimchuk has all the skills. With that said, first time watching him tonight. But he is a 5 tool player and I watched closely all night. Reminds me of Backlind at the same age.
the-rasta-masta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:41 AM   #84
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
In short, he's looked like a 4th liner.
Disappointing use of a second if that's what he tops out as, but I agree he's unlikely to get waived
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:17 AM   #85
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edslunch View Post
Disappointing use of a second if that's what he tops out as, but I agree he's unlikely to get waived
I think people get too caught up in describing players by the line they play on. If you have an effective 4th line that allows you to roll all your lines that is more valuable than if you have a 4th line that you only toss out a few minutes each game. I think they see him as a guy who can provide energy, physicality and a little bit of skill within the bottom 6. A guy they can play in a lot of situations.
We also have to keep in mind that they gave up a 2nd in a shallow draft. It is a calculated risk but the chances of them landing a player as good as Lazar in that 2nd round was slim.
It may or may not pay off, but it seems like already Lazar is a guy getting an unfair amount of attention from some fans. Ultimately he probably isn't going to be a big driver of the success or failure of this team.
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post: