Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-20-2017, 05:02 PM   #1
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Mark Giordano Traded to the Sharks

Mark Giordano celebrating upon hearing news of being traded to the Sharks

Mark Giordano is a San Jose Shark.

The rugged veteran Dman was sent to San Jose Sunday afternoon in a deal that took a couple of days to complete. I contacted veteran GM Mr. Douglas of the Carolina Hurricanes about a trade to bring Giordano to San Jose but I was shot down bad in a 24 page rant that took 12 hours to read.

"MJK, you are the best GM but, but NO" it read. "No hard feelings but Gio stays a Hurricane for life" it continued. "Cheese just keeps getting older and older" it went off topic.

But I was persistent and keep poking the bear.

"Ouch" he replied. "Stop doing that you bully". Things escalated. "The only way I trade Giordano is if you can find me the Mr. Bean box set or a signed copy of Johnny English" he went on and on and on and on.

Finally I found my way to Douglas' heart. It was Mr. Bean. In an ironic twist of fate I found the one thing that got talks moving.

And so, after a bunch of back and forth, I made an offer that Doug couldn't refuse and he promptly sent it over. It breaks down as follows:

To San Jose:
Mark Giordano

To Carolina:
Shea Weber
Blake Wheeler
2018 1st(sj)

Thanks Doug for the deal. Always a pleasure doing business with you! Oh I almost forgot...

I got John Tavaras too.
MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MJK For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2017, 05:05 PM   #2
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

This is a big win for Carolina. Weber is rated higher than Giordano, Wheeler is rated higher than Tavares, and a 1st is most definitely better than nothing.

What a trade.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:30 PM   #3
Inufie
Scoring Winger

Exp:

i disagree Scorp... Wheeler is a star yes and so is Weber but Tavares is a superstar and Gio is a flame and might be worth a lot more to guys here than anyone else because he's the flames captain. I really like this for the Sharks as thy stack up they're centres even more and trade a 1st which they have a surplus of. Way to go DP. nice trade
Inufie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:53 PM   #4
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Inufie nailed it...there are a bunch of stars here: Wheeler, Weber, Giordano but only 1 Superstar and franchise player.

Gotta pay to get those guys in this league and something Scorp will come to understand in due time.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:01 PM   #5
Goffie
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like this deal from the Sharks standpoint being able to land a guy like Tavares. They are hard to get and you have to pay up.

Doug does well here as well as I think the Canes need to get their sim performance up to the next level and I think this deal does that while restocking the cupboard with a 1st.

All in all the Sharks paid a solid price but got the guy they wanted.

Goffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:03 PM   #6
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Carolina get the better dman, SJ gets the better forward. I think this could go either way but gonna give SJ the nod due to getting the best player (tavares)
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:38 PM   #7
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK View Post
I contacted veteran GM Mr. Douglas of the Carolina Hurricanes about a trade to bring Giordano to San Jose but I was shot down bad in a 24 page rant that took 12 hours to read.
At least you have good vision, imagine the stress I but on Grammarly trying to correct all the errors in that bloody thing.

BTW I sent you the coles notes copy

as usual, thanks for the deal Dave
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hanna Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2017, 06:42 PM   #8
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna Sniper View Post
At least you have good vision, imagine the stress I but on Grammarly trying to correct all the errors in that bloody thing.

BTW I sent you the coles notes copy

as usual, thanks for the deal Dave
I always appreciate the time you take to say no. Thank you for your patience with me.