Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
1Nite
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Bell ExpressVu problems

The one receiver hooked up to my main TV was working fine this morning, but about lunch time I tried to turn it on and it was unresponsive, held down power button on front of receiver and still nothing, unplugged it and plugged it back in and nothing, gave it a tap on top and it turned on and went to the reload screen but after doing 1/5 it froze on 2/5, it is a 6120. I checked the receiver in my room and the same model, it won't turn on either, and another one a 4700 won't turn on to. I have a 4700 and a 2700 that weren't hooked up the past couple of months, I tried the 2700, and it seems to be working okay. Trying to contact Bell on phone and I got disconnected three times, and on line all I could do was resynchronize. Is anyone else have problems too?
1Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:09 PM   #2
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

How long have you left it unplugged for? I would suggest at least 30 minutes.

Also, are you using a switch that draws power? If so, unplug that for the same length of time.

Next step would be to try the dead receiver on the working receiver's cable connection. Doubt that would help, but when you do finally get through to Bell you can tell them you've already tried it. Oh, and also try connecting the 6100 directly to the wall by-passing the power bar. That's another "troubleshooting" that Bell will make you do.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:33 PM   #3
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have the same thing and I finally got a call in, they told me that the 6100's, 3100's and 4700's are having problems and are down at the moment. I also have a 4100 and it's working fine. But my 6100/3100's are all down.

2-1 they did an update and it fooked up all these receivers.

Man getting ahold of bell was a bitch though, disco'd 6 times and then busy signals galore. I finally got ahold of them by going through billing. lol

Last edited by csnarpy; 02-11-2008 at 02:37 PM.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:35 PM   #4
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Exp:

Looks like you are not alone: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=80725

I'll have to check my 6100 when I get home.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:14 PM   #5
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

All mine are back up, for about an hour now.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:19 PM   #6
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Exp:

My 6100 seems to be fine, but of course I just got home so it may have been fata'd the whole day without me knowing.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:27 AM   #7
1Nite
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Went to work and came back and they still would not work, so I unplugged for about 15 minutes and plugged them back, now they are working, although the guide still seams kind of messed up, while scrolling through it stops and then sort of hiccups, will start moving really fast. This whole thing has P' me Off, and it feels like every other month they keep rasing prices, I am seriously considering this offer I got from Shaw to trade a receiver and get a HDPVR plus one month free, and a second receiver would get me a second normal digital terminal.
1Nite is offline   Reply With Quote